Gradient stroke cannot be cut and pasted.
- Draw a path with a gradient stroke and no fill.
- Select and cut or copy the path.
- Paste. Normally, In Front, Behind, or In Place.
- The expected result is, of course, a new copy of this gradient-stroked path.
- Actual results range from a copy of the path with the stroke expanded, an image that was cut and paste sometime last week, or an error popup that says "This operation cannot complete because of an unknown error [PDF!]"
Seen on OSX 10.14.6 with AI 24.1 and AI 24.1.2.
Margaret Trauth shared this idea