Playing Save for Web operation from action produces different result than a direct operation
- Rename the .txt file to .aia
- Load this file as a set into Actions panel
- Open the .ai document (make sure that linked .tif file is loaded)
- Export the file using Save For Web command. Set size to 200% and save the result as 1.jpg
- Run the 'Test' action form the loaded set. Save the image as 2.jpg
Compare both files. 2.jpg is looking more red than 1.jpg
No profiles attached to JPGs.
- Run the action again
- While the S4W dialog is open, go to Optimize menu (hamburger button in top right corner) and disable 'Convert to sRGB' option
The generated result gets less red (toggle it back and forth to see the difference).
- Cancel the dialog and run S4W command directly again
- Toggle the same option again
No difference happen with the red tint, the image stays the same.
It feels like some double conversion happens.
Yes, S4W is legacy, but this is how you called it. It is widely used still. This needs to be fixed.
Lance, so I believe it works the same for you, and the disable Convert option actually dictated by the color settings too. Right?
We use a custom setting but I believe it's based on North American General Purpose 2
I wondered if the difference between my results and yours were due to color management differences. Looks like I was correct.
Thanks, Lance. We need to compare Color Settings then. I use General Purpose Europe 3
I successfully ran through everything up until "...disable convert to sRGB..."
that option is un-changeable for me; greyed out, but still checked. See screenshot.
I can see a slight difference between images 1 and 2 from the first five steps but it's not as drastic as your uploaded jpgs. (mine uploaded)