When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4373 results found

1. Smart Guides HUD says 'Interect', when snapping to the Center of the Artboard

Since the introduction of Smart Guides, the info given when snapping to the center of the Artboard is incorrect. It says 'Intersect' in stead of 'Center'. This is confusing. We want to know if it is the Center we're snapping to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Snapping  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Less Selection Handles

A new handle and selection system was introduced, which included rounded corners, scale, and rotation options. Some of this was a good feature, until it wasn't. I desire a preference for turning off most handle options because with them on, I'm unable to select-option drag copy, or move elements unless I zoom in 1000 percent. The rotate and modifier keeps getting in my way and it's driving me nuts. Selecting and moving objects shouldn't be this frustrating.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The ability to check an option for "convert lines to shapes" when I export different formats

When exporting a file to SVG.... I wish there was a check box where I can specify it converts all lines to shapes on export to SVG... This way I do not have to do the conversion manually... and then revert back when I save ai version...

Often I get messages that distract me and then I forget to revert back and accidentally save the ai version with lines as shapes... then my mast ai version gets messed up...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Dirk Schulze responded

Hi Steve,

Thanks a lot for reporting the feature request. When you say shape do you mean you want lines to get converted to SVG elements? Does this apply to the other shapes like, ellipse, circle or rectangles as well?

Greetings,
    Dirk

4. Artboard preview in Save dialog

In the theme of "recognition over recall," it would be great if the Save dialog allowed you to preview artboards the way the Print dialog does. When I'm working fast I don't always remember to stop and jot down the numbers of the specific artboards I need to export, and it's annoying to have to exit the save dialog, find the numbers, go back to the save dialog, repeat any necessary steps such as setting file name and location, THEN enter my desired artboard number(s) before moving forward. Having the artboard preview as part of the save window would cut…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create artboard to three decimal places

It would be nice to be able to set artboards to three decimal places without it rounding up. If I make something at 3.125", it rounds up to 3.13", or 3.6785 becomes 3.68. Although I have not had any printers yell at me for my files not being correct, I still am concerned that it always wants to round up to the hundredths place, especially when I'm having to be sure that my materials are going into places where the sizes are set in to be such specific tolerances.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Importing color codes

It would be great if we could import hex codes (or rgb etc.) as a large batch-- it would really speed up workflow. If instead of manually having to type in 20+ color codes (with the possibility of a mistake), I could import a list of them, that would be awesome!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Easier custom arrow head design

I use custom arrow heads for a lot of projects and would like an easier interface for creating and managing custom arrow heads. I want to be able to rearrange the order of the arrow heads available as well as have fine grained control over how the arrow head will scale with stroke size. Non-symmetrical arrow head support is important to my work as well.

Also, I really want to be able to place an arrow head at one end of a path at the tip and have the arrow head at the other end extend beyond the end of…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Strokes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Alignment tools can use reference/center point of an object instead of edges

Following this discussion on Stack:

https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/106798/grid-distribution-of-objects-based-on-their-center

I think it would be great if objects in illustrator were treated as such - with edges, but also with a center point.

Aligning/rotating solely based on edges is extremely limited.

If an "Object point of reference" option was added, selecting several objects and rotating them all could result in them rotating around their center rather than the center of the group of objects.

Same with aligning and distribution... this is a feature that often blocks me and seems long overdue, I'm not sure why it's not more obvious for other users!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Impossible to link a psb file

Illustrator 22.1.0 (CC2018) is now unable to import a linked PSB file…
    Please fix it quick.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Oval text box

The ability to click and drag with the type tool to draw an oval text box, as an alternative to the current rectangle text box, would be a good option to have.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The "new update" popup message is gross

A. Add a "don't show this again" checkbox because I don't want to be reminded later nor do I want to update on anything but my own terms.

B. Add a space between the period and "Know more..."

C. Choose a different call to action that isn't "Know more" because what?

D. Actually just don't show popups for anything. I pay you to draw vector lines and that's about it.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add "Edit With" to the Illustrator menu when working with images

Add "Edit With" to the Illustrator menu when working with images! Indesign has this and it's very convenient. Its a no brainer to add it to Illustrator!!!!!!!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is done in one of the latest releases.
    Now the button in Control panel (and in Links panel menu) says ‘Edit in Photoshop’. You also can change it back to system defaults in Preferences > File Handling section.

InDesign has more options, that is true, so please comment back if you need a larger list — but please give a solid justification why :)

13. CANT RE-GROUP THE VECTORIZED TEXT WHY?

when the text is vectorized i cant Group after Un Grouping them ve to make a object in group so it workt the same way i Group the objects by Right click >Group

what i need is.
    on Vectorizing the Text and ungrouping them .. gives me the availability to Group them back again.

thanks
    Awaiting for Repl

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Duplicate Layers with sequential numbering rather than "copy"

When you duplicate a layer it would be much better if, rather than the XXXX copy suffix the duplicate layer was numbered. And preferably numbered XXX_0001 (or a format one could specify in the Preferences). This would make working with layers much much easier - especially when working with After Effects.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Can't place the anchor point at the spot I want

Anchor point keeps on placing at the spot I do not want. If I click on the canvas to place an anchor point, it places distances away from where I wish to place.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Snapping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would really like a drop down menu to pick which graphics card I want to use

I would really like to be able to pick which graphics card I want to use in a drop down instead of illustrator automatically picking. Even though my 1080ti is the primary in my bios, illustrator insists on using the 780ti and I have no way of changing it without disabling my 780 all together. There needs to be a simpler way to change this

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to change resolution when setting pixels as a unit

I use Illustrator for UX design, and thus I use pixels for the dimensions. However, the resolution of most modern screens, in mobile phones, and other devices, is not the default 72 ppi. Thus, when I switch between units, the pixel size does not equal what I get in millimeters. (For usability issues, e g mm based letter height is crucial.)

I know Photoshop is more of a pixel oriented tool, but doing vector graphics and using Illustrator is an advantage in terribly many places. (There is a reason for Sketch being a popular replacement...) Adding a way to customize…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Better join segments tool

There are instances (mostly when cleaning up DXF files from 3D models) were there are a lot of broken line segments. It would be great if there were options for the join command to join multiple line segments that are within a certain distance and tangent angle to each other. It would then take multiple separate line segments and join them into one clean and continuous line.

Maybe there would also be a preview ability that would recolor\highlight the lines that would be joined and then allow you to adjust the distance and angle until you get the desired result.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Snap shape to artboard or bleeds

When you draw a rectangle as a background color or border, you could snap to the edges of the artboard or snap to the edges of the bleed.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Snapping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Keyboard shortcut for Properties panel

There is a keyboard shortcut to go to any other windows option except this.. I don't know if it is because it is a new feature, but this should really be implemented... Can there be a mappable keyboard shortcut for the new properties panel on illustrator

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base