When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4340 results found

1. Generate Proper Filenames and Layer Names Instead of Untitled-1 and Layer-1

We need Generate Name button for saving a file depending on its content, format and target project folder. Also layers could be named properly.

Also it seems obvious that, besides generating a new name, the system could also use information from the document's presets, such as the document type (e.g., web, phone, book, etc.), document size (e.g., A4, 291x210mm, 1920x1080px, etc.), and colour and bit depth (e.g., CMYK, RGB, LAB, 8-bit, 16-bit, etc.).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I want to control how many pop-ups I see.

I'm just trying to work, Adobe, but all the pop-ups are driving me mad! The tool tips are fine, but to be working away and be bombarded with this pop-up telling me to share my work and then another asking if I know how to do such-and-such.... I discover new features on my own whenever the app is updated, and if I want to find out anything else, I know how to do that. I don't need constant reminding. Please, please please, Adobe, please let this be a preference setting that can be turned off.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to save presets for each tab in 3D and Materials panels: Object, Materials, Lighting

Illustrator allows us to save appearance attributes as graphic styles, but recently we got the complex 3D and Materials effect that has a lot of different parameters in it.

The current system allows us to save all of these parameters altogether: extrusion depth, rotation angles, material settings, applied lights...
    But if we need to save ONE of these — that is, for example, only the material, or only the lights, or only extrusion and rotations, — Ai does not provide means to do it.

Please introduce a system to save presets per each tab the 3D and Materials panel has:…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Dynamic Connector Symbols

Connect two objects with a third, dynamic symbol.

A new class of Symbol that can be assigned properties of Rotate, Extend, Scale etc. and a new class of Group called an Assembly.

e.g 1. A bullet point and a number in a circle can be connected by a symbol set with the properties of Radial Rotate and Extend, so the when either the bullet or the number are moved the connector symbol adjusts its length to remain anchored to the centre of the other two objects.

e.g. 2 A graphic is connected to create an Assembly of two or more…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Symbols  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to see the output of the subject created by the generated AI with each part layered by part.

I would like the subject created by the generated AI to be output with parts divided into layers by part (right eye) (left eye) (outline) (eyebrows), etc.
    This is because I want the puppet to move immediately in Adobe Character Animatror.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow to make sharp transitions using Width Tool

Width Tool allows us to set width markers on a path, to make its stroke’s outline blend between set cross-sections. We have some limited controls over these markers, we can make each side have its own width, we can snap them to points, but that’s it.

What we also need is way to make this transitions sharp, rather than smooth.
    Look at the image attached.

The path on the top is a stroke with a variable stroke profile.
    The path on the bottom is a demonstration of what we want (an art brush actually).

Sure, we can fake this behavior…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Strokes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The size of the box should attenuate AI generator detail

I love the new AI feature, but creating a smaller box for the AI to generate in should attenuate the detail. A simple "bird" command creates an overly-detailed drawing for the scene, even with the detail slider set to "1"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Share to Review: Attach files to comments, Zoom more than 100%

Attach file to comment. Typically the client add in quick sketches, reference images, new logo files and so on and it would be super helpful if they could attach those files to the comment in review mode to avoid having to still use e-mail or similar services to get quick assets between us and them.

Deeper zoom function: The pdf can only be zoomed in to 100% of the artboard setting, so some details can't be seen. Infinite zoom would be ideal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. New from Template... do not work any more

When choosing ”New from Template...” from ”File” -menu Illustrator 2024 do not open templates from ”Cool Extras” -folder as a default anymore.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. more purchase options

Hi.
    I have an issue trying Adobe Illustrator. I would like to try the stencil features to find out if it will meet my needs. The problem is i am forced to add my credit card details just for using the 7 day free trial. I am not prepared to do that at this time due to the fact that Adobe may not work out for me. Then im stuck dealing with automatic payments.
    The other issue is the high monthly or yearly subscription costs. I would only use illustrator once in a while and cant justify the monthly cost.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Updating artboard dropdown to include social media and saving custom artboards

The current artboards dropdown menu hasn't been changed in years. It should include social media and trending medium sizes. We should also have the ability to save artboard sizes that are custom to our needs. Just add a "Save artboard" in the dropdown or tool workspace. The current method of saving a template and then having to search, open and then resave the template takes too long and requires too many steps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Share for Review Proof Approval

Adding functionality for "Proof Approval" would be huge! And would allow the process to remain within Adobe as opposed to having to go outside Adobe products. Turning on this functionality when needed, allowing for proof to be sent that can be officially approved within AI that:

a. Doesn't allow the user the ability to download the PDF and steal the artwork.

b. Sends confirmation that the Proof was Approved or Not Approved with feedback. This can help streamline the approval process ensuring everyone is aware when a proof is sent, and status changes (Pending, Approved, Not Approved, etc.).

c. Saves…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Prevent Conversion of Outlined Text to Editable Text

The Retype convert to live type feature makes it too easy for clients, vendors, and 3rd parties to convert uneditable work into editable work. It's a nice tool for your own work, but it is potentially bad for business.

Please add permissions features that allow us to control whether or not our files (PDF/AI) can be manipulated in this way by others or reconsider rolling out the Retype conversion feature.

Please DO NOT roll out the Retype convert outline to live type feature unless this protection is added to illustrator.

I realize there are probably a bunch of ways around…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Issue transferring dwg file to Temp folder

Is there any possibility in Ai, when we export or run the script on the Ai file and we get only dwg file without that png (bitmap image) so that we can add only dwg file in Temp folder and it will get convert into .svg file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Relink image Make fast.

Can you make it possible to create a shortcut for Relink Image? If you can make it, it's good for me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Improved text editing while within an envelope

Currently if you want to edit text that's inside an envelope, depending on how warped it is, it can be difficult to edit the text directly. The workaround is to 'release' the envelope in the 'Envelope Distort' menu, edit the text, then reapply the text to the envelope using 'Make with top object'. Perhaps improve the text editing to match the shape and size of the envelope or have a popup window that displays the text in normal format and edit it that way.
    In my example, the black boxes is the original text but editing has proved difficult.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make it possible for a Graphic Style to mark some symbols as being part of it.

So right now I have a workflow that involves making a lot of complex appearance stacks, saving them as a Graphic Style, then later bringing them into another file by hitting the 'library' button in the Graphic Styles palette and navigating to it via the Other Library file picker.

If I import a style that uses a brush or a global color swatch or a pattern swatch or a width profile, those assets will get imported. But a style that uses a symbol won't import the symbol, and this is a really annoying little exception. It is, perhaps, not surprising

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Xray mode in Adobe Illustrator

There should be an Xray mode in Adobe Illustrator similar to what we have in Blender 3D.

When toggled on from a keyboard shortcut, this should allow the user to temporarily view all the objects (Paths, including appearances) to be slightly transparent and allow the user to select objects that are behind each other or at the bottom of the stacking order.

The outline view is good but not enough. I still can't select paths behind each other and don't show appearances so can't actually see what I'm selecting if artwork has similar shapes stacking there.

Thanks Adobe!

Best Regards:…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)