Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • or

359 results found

1. 1x folder

Right now, even when I'm not exporting any of my artboards as retina, Illustrator INSISTS upon exporting all PNG files inside a new folder called "1x." This is annoying, stupid, and unhelpful. It makes it hard to find when I go looking for the exports, I'm looking for descriptively named .png files, not a completely innocuous folder named "1x" for no reason.

Please stop ******* with exports. Just make it work like it did last version. This is not an improvement.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add "don't show again" option to error dialog for hidden and locked objects when moving or copying artboard

I am now noticing a error dialog appearing when I try to move or copy an artboard when any layer in the document is hidden or locked that says "Any hidden or locked objects in the artboards will not be moved." This is also appearing if I have any elements locked or hidden even when those objects are not on the artboard I am interacting with.

Normally this would be fine, but when the artboard contains only unlocked and visible elements on unlocked and visible layers I am still seeing the error popping every time I move or copy an…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Be available to add more than 1000 artboards

We are creating a document with icons. Each icon has it's own artboard because of exporting to multiple sizes. Currently we have about 1500 icons and we would like to have all the icons in one document because of effective work with them (which is now not possible because of 1000 artboards limitation).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Adding overprint toggles in the Separations Preview window

Currently, the overprint toggles are only in the "Attributes" panel but the overprint preview toggle is in the Separations Preview panel. Including overprint toggles in the Separations Preview panel allows the user to see the overprints in the file and toggle off/on any visible overprints prior to exporting/printing. This would save on workspace real estate by choosing to exclude the Attributes panel solely for overprint toggles.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The same tool as Moho's magnet tool

Has anyone tried Moho by Smithmicro? Pretty fast vector animation tool. It has a drawing adjustment tool called Magnet. Here's how it's described in the manual: "The Magnet tool is similar to the Transform Points tool - it is used to move points around. However, instead of moving the selected points, it moves points based on the strength of the magnet. When you click with this tool, the region of strength is displayed. Any points within this region will move with your mouse, but the points closer to the center of the mouse click will move the most. (The radius…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Artboards should have a purpose

1. What is the purpose of having an artboard if anything drawn beyond it shows up as part of your drawing? I exported an artwork as a png file and everything beyond the artboard showed up as part of the artwork. The workspace around the artboard should be able to be used for ideas that may be relevant to future versions of your art or to assist in creating your art.
    2. When I drew the attached image, I expected that anything beyond the artboard would not show as part of the artwork.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Data Merge Batch process

Give Illustrator the same functionality panel of Data Merge of Indesign. Works better and supports Data Tabbed exported from Excel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. saveascopy command in Illusrator script

Please, pretty pleas with sugar on top add SaveAsCopy function to illustrator script. All i need to be happy is to bind a script that allows me to save a copy of specific AI art board(s) as PDF with presets. it is impossible to save copy of document without closing current AI file.
    I work in print and that is the thing illustrator lack for me, one script command... saveCopyAs.
    Why does it matters? because i have tons of print layouts with ton of PDF's to link on aforementioned plates, and i need to sometime go for 3 different export

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Stroke width profiles stored with files, not with app

Currently, variable stroke width profiles are stored within the app, not within the file. So when I want to work on a cloud file on another computer, I have to manually add profiles to the saved profiles dropdown again from existing strokes, because they are no longer available.

And while you're at it, add sorting, exporting and importing options to the variable width panel, it is seriously frustrating having to go through all of them every time - if you commonly use this feature, the list can get quite long.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Strokes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. .png bug

.png was exported from adobe photoshop and imported to Illustrator. This bug happens quite regularly. If it's not a bug, please help me to fix this problem. Thanks :D

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Convert Text to outline now only works with Acrobat 4, Plz make it possible with all acrobat version.

Text to outline while exporting to PDF now only works with Acrobat 4, Plz make it possible with all acrobat version. Saving in Acrobat 4 will lose transparency and effects

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Save PDF and rasterize one layer

It will be great if we can choose some layers to be auto rasterized when exporting to pdf. I keep very complex paterns in a different layer and always need to manually rasterize it to get a light pdf and error free on Rip software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fonts do not displaying on Character panel

Select the text inside the illustrator and character panel is empty, never show any fonts be using. My computer didn't install the fonts but can display correctly in illustrator.
    When exported to PDF, can check the fonts is using Lora-Bold.

I'm really frustrated and worries, how to check incoming files if always having this issue.

Please help on this method.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Cut-off of Effects like Drop Shadow etc

Working with Flexo plates, we need to cut-off vignettes at 3%, it would be great to have an 'Advanced' section on effects like Drop Shadow to cut off at a stated percentage. Currently have to work around by Expanding the effect, exporting an the image for Photoshop, using the Curves to cut-off of 3%, then relinking the image in Illustrator which also means having multiple files...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Nommage des plans de travail

Dans le menu Objet/Plan de travail, avoir la possibilité d'ajouter les dimensions du plan de travail sélectionné ou de tous les plans de travail.
    L'ajout se ferait à la fin du nom ou dans des colonnes additionnelles (Largeur et Hauteur) avec la possibilité d'intégrer ces dimensions dans le nom du fichier exporté. Prévoir une syntaxe compatible avec le nomage des fichier et suffisamment différentiante pour pouvoir les mettre à jour par le biais des expression régulières (Suppression puis ajout des dimensions actualisées).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Replace file with same name!

Exporting png or other format, save with exact name, select "replace file", does not replace file but makes NEW file with "artboard" or other additional text. PLEASE when we select "replace", REPLACE the same file with the same name. Have to manually rename over 20 files. We have files that are linked in Indesign and this causes lots of extra time and effort every time there is an edit. Clients have to pay more for extra time, something that should be simple causes a large ripple effect when every other application renames replacement files correctly. PLEASE FIX THIS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. CC Libraries on Illustrator Paste in Place in artboard

Could we get an option to save an artboard together with the group of items selected when we save to Libraries?

I mean instead of modifying the artboard size to fit all elements, libraries would save the size of the original artboard and all the items in it, including the items that bleed outside (as bleed marks).

2 - Would also be super useful to get an option to "paste in place" when pasting an item from the library into an artboard if the target artboard is the same size as the original artboard.

I will try to explain my…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Designers are being asked to design for new end user media

Creating ways to take my vector to 3D, for 3D printing, CNC plasma cutting, and new ways that are being asked for designers and artist to file share and work better together. Exporting my work for auto cad, and 3D software, plotters etc and simplify the paths. There is 2D and there is 3D cad. But as an artist I want to be able to take what I have done in Illustrator and evolve my work and output options to and material to the next level. CorelDraw was just a play toy program. But it looks like they have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 14 15 16 18 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base