Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Artboards name disappear after renaming

After renaming an artboard in the panel, it will return to it's default name eg. , Artboard [x], instead of maintaining the new name.

AI version: 22.0.1

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

2. Artboard resizing bug

Artboard bug causes a wrong or erraticaly behavior. Just trying to change the artboard height and when I click [ok] and check it again, the value remains the same. Please, check the movie.
    This time I have it on video, but this issue remains until the first CC version, maybe more.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Artboard names are not saving in CC 22.1 - all artboard names "reset" when save/close

In the new version of Illustrator - CC 22.1 the ARTBOARD NAMES do not save anymore. To reproduce open a new illustrator document, set up 10 artboards, NAME THEM, save the document, close it, re-open the document, the names are GONE. Also, when opening illustrator files that PREVIOUSLY had artboard names, all names are gone. They have been replaced with generic artboard names. To fix the issue switch back to a previous version of illustrator, ie: 20 or below, and the artboard names are back and they stay.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. can't paste object. the requested transformation....

the image is 5 inches, and I'm pasting into a several page 8.5 x 11 document.... really can't tell you how much time I'm wasting, and I'm very irratated.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Snap to point doesnt work anymore like illustrator 7???? whats up?

Illustrator CC18 wont snap to a box rule... like illustrator 17 does ? what up, please fix ASAP

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Graphics glitch

I am not super advanced when dealing with the inner details of rendering, though I've never had an issue until I upgraded to 2018. attached is screenshot of what I'm seeing and the exported graphics

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Move dialogue is broken when Y-axis is flipped

Problem Description:
    Since AI team had Y-axis flipped, users who want to keep it the old way have to manually set flags in prefs file to undo these changes:
    /isRulerIn4thQuad 0
    /isRulerOriginTopLeft 0

It works fine except it breaks setting negative distance in Move dialogue.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Change said flags to 0
    2. Relaunch AI
    3. Create and select an object
    4. Press Enter to invoke Move dialogue
    5. Set vertical position to any positive number and apply
    6. Invoke dialogue again
    7. Set same vertical value, but negative (you can also select any other object before that)…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [xlfd]

I have two customers that send me hundreds of Illustrator files created using a Windows version of Illustrator. Every one of them reports this issue on opening: "The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [xlfd]." I click OK and everything is fine in the document as far as I can tell. The problem is that I need to batch save these files as PDFs, but I have to sit there and click "OK" for every file so defeating the purpose of batch processing. This is a recurrent bug with the last three revisions of Illustrator. Please resolve it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Applying a new graphic style duplicates paths into hidden groups

This is a severe bug that ruins SVG export by creating multiple copies of the same paths after switching graphic styles.

I believe something caused a created graphic style that should have only had a simple fill to create copies of the path when applied to paths.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Scaling an illustration with grouped guides, the guides do not scale

Scaling an illustration with grouped guides, the guides do not scale, even when guides are unlocked. This feature used to work as recently as earlier versions of Illustrator CC 2017. This is a feature that my team and I relied upon to ensure that the correct white space was honored when releasing artwork to other agencies. I agree that locked guides in general should not scale. But if I create a box, convert it to a guide while unlocked, and group it to a logo or illustration, it should scale with the logo even if guides are locked. Illustrator used…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Extra art boards/re-numbers art boards incorrectly

Some Art boards are being missed out and re-numbered as a repeat of the previous number, see attached images

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug when Setting Artboard Ruler Origins

Ai v 22.0.0
    macOS 10.12.6

After updating from CC 2017 to CC 2018, I can now no longer assign individual Artboard Ruler Origins to each Artboard in a document

I use several nested Artboards to control different areas of the same artwork and assign the Ruler Origin of each to the same object. After the update, I can now only assign the ruler origin of one of the nested Artboards to the selected object; the Origin does not change on the others.

I have tried deleting all existing Artboards and then creating them and setting the Ruler Origin one at…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Selected object in locked layer

Objects remain selected when I move them into a non-visible group/layer and lock the group/layer. It is not possible to deselect the object until you unlock and make visible the group. So far I've been able to recreate the problem every time I've tried.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. unable to create a new document

I am not able to create a new document

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. "File --> New" or "Ctrl+N" fails to create new file in Illustrator 22.0.1 (64-bit)

After opening Illustrator, I'm only able to open existing files. Trying to create a new file by clicking "File --> New" in the menu, or clicking "Ctrl+N" results in a brief pause, but no new artboard or new file appears.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Changing the default unit setting revert back to point to inch.

I can't change the default units. When I change the unit in General from inc to Point. Illustrator reverts it back to the inc again when I restart the illustrator. This is super annoying. Please don't need to upgrade the feature of illustrator just fix the existing ones and give us a bug-free application.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Artboard Custom Resize Bug

Illustrator V22.0.1
    2 problems

1. When manually updating artboard dimensions, the artboard itself no longer previews your changes, you have to click "Update while dragging" to see the size before closing the window.

2. Artboard dimensions sometimes automatically revert back to previous values, if the new values are close in number. For example changing 423mm to 420mm, the value in the box would revert back to 423mm immediately.

No specific files, this happens in general.

Many thanks,

Meg

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New file

There is a bug going on. Click " new file " and nothing happens. Please help me fix this asap

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base