Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

84 results found

1. Properties panel contents scaling and freezing

The contents of the Properties panel is scaling down to tiny sizes. It doesn't reset until you quit and reopen Illustrator (CC 2018).

The scaling happens with ⌘+scroll while hovering on the panel. The contents will scale up or down as long as you are holding the ⌘, but if you let it go while the contents are scaled down the panel with freeze at that scale and won't respond to ⌘+scroll anymore. The panel's functions still seem to work fine after this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Can't Edit Text in a Group/Clipping Mask

In 2018 AI CC, after using a group/clipping mask with text on the inside, you can not edit your text when you double click on the clipping group/mask directly. The Properties panel doesn't display the character settings. See my screenshot

So, to get around this, I have to cut the text out, paste on the main layer, edit it and then cut/paste it back inside my group/clipping mask.
    Or, release the entire mask, make my edits then re-group/mask it afterwards. Or I have to open the separate character panel.

As opposed to the way it should. The only way the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Properties panel bug

When you edit word in properties panel and you want to change first few letters in word from normal to bold. It will show you change but when you deselect type tools it will change entire word to bold. But if you go trough type panel everything is fine.

And if you change stroke size in properties panel to 0,5 pt it will apply 5 pt, for 0,25 pt 25 pt and for 0,75pt 75pt stroke.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Properties panel causing inconsistent tab group behaviour

The new Properties panel has a fixed width. When it's in a tab group with panels that don't have a fixed width (eg. the Layers panel), the tab group exhibits different behaviours depending on whether the tab group is docked or free-floating.

When the tab group is free floating, switching between the tabs causes the panel to change width according to each tab's setting, which is what you would expect. Eg. Go to the Layers tab and make the panel very wide. Switch to the Properties tab and the panel auto-shrinks. Switch back to the Layers panel and the width…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base