3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Meta data in SVG file ignored

Meta data defined in a svg file are ignored by AI when opening file so no more available once the file is saved. Option shall allow keep or ignore meta data in an svg file to avoid broking the file.
    See attached file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Illustrator crashes when switching views in the Asset Export panel

Has this been reported yet? There's a really easy-to-reproduce crash bug in Adobe Illustrator involving the Asset Export panel that affects even the latest version (24.2) .
    If the Asset Export panel contains more than two items and an item other than the first is currently being renamed and the view is attempted to be switched from Grid View to List View, the mouse cursor will begin to move really slowly for a few seconds and after that, Illustrator will crash. See the video attached for a demonstration.

Some system info:
    Adobe Illustrator 24.2
    Version: 10.0
    System Architecture:…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Illustrator 24.2 EPS title information changed to "Adobe Illustrator Artwork"

Previously when saving eps files, the "Title" information embedded within the file would be the filename. It appears that with version 24.2 the eps title information defaults to "Adobe Illustrator Artwork". Can this be corrected back to the filename? Our RIP uses this title information and now all our files are being processed with the same name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Illustrator 2020 v24.1.1 - "Real-Time Drawing and Editing" can't save new symbol

I tested the new Real-Time Drawing and Editing feature today and found that once I finished my drawing, dragging it over to the Symbols pane to create a new symbol as I normally would resulted in the attached error.

This was the first bit of work I had done since enabling this new feature so I suspected it was the cause and I moved on to two other projects to confirm. One of those worked correctly - the simpler project - and the other did not. So two out of three drawings could not be turned into symbols, and the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Eyedroppper does not sample placed bitmaps correctly

Sampling a colour in a bitmap placed in Illustrator does not sample the correct colour value if the bitmap is placed using the "Link" option.

If the bitmap is placed with the "Link" option switched off ie embedded the the colours are sampled correctly.

I have attached a reference image which shows a placed, linked file in an Illustrator document. The squares at the bottom are colours created in Photoshop with their colour values indicated. The circles at the top are vector objects in illustrator with the colour values as the eyedropper tool sampled them.

Windows 10
    Illustrator 2020

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Transform Again (Crtl D)

"Transform Again" often doesn’t work on more complex objects.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Svg export

Hi! I met with you at CreativePro conference in Seattle. I would like to see more control when exporting svg from Illustrator. More specifically, the ability to remove the title tag when exporting. If not, that's ok, the svgomg site cleans up svg code well. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Placed .tiff file making vector image disappear

In my line of work we have "distresses" that we place over the vector image that we've created. The distresses are .tiff files and with the last update have began making the vector image disappear. When printed everything is fine. However most of the time we also have to export as a .png to send our customers a proof and we have to export several times before getting a .png we can use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Menu Issues

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.1
    Illustrator 22.0.1

When the Application Frame is disabled, the menu items are displayed incorrectly. The "View" menu is attached.

I have reset the preferences and the menus seemed to work fine, but when I disabled the application frame, they went crazy again.

Also discussed on Twitter with Customer Care. https://twitter.com/scottzirkel/status/928392054660530176

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Raghuveer responded

Hi Scott,

Thanks for reporting the issue. Illustrator team appreciates this.

We are able to repro this issue at our end.

With Best Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh

10. Illustrator CC 2018 crash on swatch library import

Hello,

Every now and again when I import a swatch library from the presets folder via the Swatches import menu from "Other Library"; Ai would crash the first round. When I open the file again and repeat the import process, no crashes occur.

This happened with previous versions as well.

Thanks and cheers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Zoom options in View menu items have completely wrong labels

There's an absolutely bizarre off-by-two error in the View menu in Illustrator CC 22.0 that I just noticed while working on something today.

When initially starting Illustrator CC 22.0, the "Fit All in Window" and "Actual Size" items in the View menu have the correct labels (see attachment zoomoptscorrect.png). However, once a file has been opened, these menu items are assigned completely wrong labels, which should belong to the items two spaces lower in the menu — "Hide Edges" and "Hide Artboards", respectively (see zoomoptswrong.png).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base