4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Opacity bug

AI CC 2018
    I turned the opacity down on a selection to see below layers. Then I went to work on below layers. Upon returning to original layer and re-selecting the object to return it to 100% opacity it showed I was already at 100%. I could not get it back to 100% until I copied and pasted the object to a new layer.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

It seems like opacity is applied on the Layer and not on the object inside that layer. It is possible that the user is selecting object inside the layer and not the layer itself. Hence the user is able to see the opacity of object which is 100% in this case and not the changed opacity of layer.

2. SVG Export Distortion

I am having 0 success with Adobe Illustrator exports that incorporate filters. Some are stock images from Adobe stock that have polygonal patters. Others are 3D text rendered objects. Others are layers built with a variety of transparency filters and opacity settings. The SVG exports are not usable and we are resorting to .png files until we solve this. I saw a similar post that was unresolved: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/33118615-sizes-and-coordinates-get-distorted-in-svg-export
    I am using export settings with Styling: Presentation; Images: Preserve; Object ID: Minimal; 2 Decimals; Minify and Responsive checked. Other modifications to these settings has not worked.
    Additionally, many of the Adobe…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Artboard names are not saving in CC 22.1 - all artboard names "reset" when save/close

In the new version of Illustrator - CC 22.1 the ARTBOARD NAMES do not save anymore. To reproduce open a new illustrator document, set up 10 artboards, NAME THEM, save the document, close it, re-open the document, the names are GONE. Also, when opening illustrator files that PREVIOUSLY had artboard names, all names are gone. They have been replaced with generic artboard names. To fix the issue switch back to a previous version of illustrator, ie: 20 or below, and the artboard names are back and they stay.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Properties panel contents scaling and freezing

The contents of the Properties panel is scaling down to tiny sizes. It doesn't reset until you quit and reopen Illustrator (CC 2018).

The scaling happens with ⌘+scroll while hovering on the panel. The contents will scale up or down as long as you are holding the ⌘, but if you let it go while the contents are scaled down the panel with freeze at that scale and won't respond to ⌘+scroll anymore. The panel's functions still seem to work fine after this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  6 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Eyedropper tool not showing correct colors sampled outside of Illustrator

When I click and drag the eyedropper tool outside of Illustrator to sample a color from something else (a website, pdf document, etc.), the color isn't correctly picked up.
    For example, if I move the eyedropper over something orange, it shows in Illustrator as blue or black; even if I sample a large white space, it shows in Illustrator as a different color. It seems to only be showing sampled colors as white, neutral, black/gray, and shades of blue.
    The program is up-to-date.
    I tried it in two browsers, Chrome and Safari, and the results were the same in both. …

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have seen this issue specific to macOS 10.15. Enabling “Screen Recording” access right to Illustrator resolved this issue.

You can change this setting by going to Apple > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Screen Recording and add Illustrator Application.

Please try this and reply in comment if the above suggestion worked for you.

-Rama
    Illustrator Team

6. Character Panel Typing Font Names Manually Issue

When trying to type certain font names manually in the first field the placement of the letters jumps to the wrong spot.

When I type "Arial Bold", "Arial Regular", or "Cooper Black" the cursor or text placement seems to fail and not type the text in order from left to right. I saw one other post here with a similar issue but it could not be reproduced. This is the first time I have seen this so far on the new Illustrator CC 2020. After typing the "o" in "Arial Bold" the letters end up typing to the left of…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Apologies for the inconvieniecne caused to you due to this issue but we are not able to reproduce the issue at our end.
    To nail down the issue further we would like the following information from your end :
    1) Setting in the font search dialog – (“Search Entire Font Name” or “Search first name only”)
    It would be really helpful if you could provide a short video having steps to reproduce the issue.

Share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.
    Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

7. unknown error [!now] when converting a rasterized pattern to PNG

I am trying to Export a .ai doc to PNG and receive the following message "The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [!now]

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. New update (23.0.1) shows Home screen instead of my actual file until I press F

Most of the times, when I open an AI file I can't see my actual artboard until I press F (Toggle Screen Mode). Once I switch the screen mode it shows a weird red color in the artboard (too fast to capture).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. application frame

1. These are not 'ideas' they are bugs, errors, problems - stop with the Orwellian language, just makes you look insincere and untruthful.

The problem:
    When Application Frame is selected, files either do not display when opened or have a corrupted display. Doesn't happen every time, but quite often.
    Mac Pro macOS 10.12.6, Illustrator 22.1

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can't click on properties dropdowns

I just updated AI to the newest release and suddenly I'm unable to access extended properties not displayed on the main panel nor will it let me select and change colors via the properties panel. I also don't like that you've all decided what tools I work with constantly, I need to be able to customize what I need to keep open for my workflow optimization. Because if I could, I could work around this bug.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Borders_Dashed Treatment Changes Spot Color to Process

I draw a box, stroke it with a spot color, apply a "borders_dashed" treatment. The Spot color becomes process. Please fix.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Eye Dropper tool color is off

When you use the eye dropper tool on either images or vectors the shade is off and not exactly the same like it was https://www.screencast.com/t/bI7aJSdwB

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Dashed Line not working

Using Illustrator CC 2020 V. 24.0.3 on MacOS Mojave 10.14

The dashed line effect cannot be applied. As soon as I make use of the gap field, I can see a preview but then when I click anywhere the effect just disappears. And when I try to create outlines it just turns into a normal non-dashed line.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Dana,

I tried the same at my end but not able to reproduce the same. Can you please provide some more info regarding this issue:
    1. Are you facing this problem with some specific content or all the path types?
    2. Are you applying stroke properties from stroke panel or control panel?
    3. Will it be possible for you to share the test file?

Thanks
    Anish

14. Illustrator Not Holding Clipping Masks

Hello. I'm not sure if this is just an "operator error" or if this is a bug in the new Illustrator 2020, but every time I reopen my AI file the clipping masks have been removed. Is there a fix for this? It started happening when I updated to 2020.

Thanks in advance!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. All tools and actions are slow and lagging, random selection in Ilustrator 2020

All tools lagging. cursor selects items randomly and drags them around when non having been selected. Illustrator 2020 CC installed

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We need more details to repro this issue. Please provide the following details

- Screen recording of the random selection and tool/cursor lagging
    - System Information (Illustrator Help menu > System Info and OS system information)
    - Is this issue happening before AI 2020 release

Please send the above details to sharewithai@adobe.com

-Rama
    Illustrator Team

16. Gradient issues

2 problems in CC2020 on Mac OSX 10.15.1:
    1. Gradient annotator doesn't show on expanded shapes
    2. gradients inconsistently applying -- see attachment

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue in house.
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further so that we can nail this down?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1)Kindly provide some video , Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us .
    2) Is this file specific or happens with any object in a newly created file also?
    3) Kindly share your preferences folder with us in a zip File
    MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings//
    Win: C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings

Kindly share the requested information at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.

Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further so that we can nail this down?
    1)Kindly provide some video , Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us .
    2) Is this file specific or happens with any object in a newly created file also?
    3) Kindly share your preferences folder with us in a zip File
    MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings//
    Win: C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings

Kindly share the requested information at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.

Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

18. Gradient panel causes bugs

The gradient panel really makes me nervous. On rare occasions when dropping a color onto a gradient handle to change it, Illustrator suddenly just closes without a warning. Just gone in a split second along with all my work. No auto save. Nothing. It even won't show my recently opened files when I open it back up. This issue also happened the last time Illustrator was updated but then it was fixed. Please fix it again as I'm always SUPER nervous when I have to change settings for a gradient. I have no idea on how to reproduce this, other…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

1) Kindly provide some video , Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing issue
    2) kindly also share your preferences folder with us in a zip file. You would be able to find the preferences folder in the below location:
    MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings (Kindly press Command + Shift + G and write ~/Library and ok and then go to preferences )

Win: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings

Kindly clear your preferences by renaming your preference folder “Adobe Illustrator Settings” at above mentioned location and relaunch Adobe Illustrator . Kindly let us know if Adobe Illustrator still…

19. Unable to save Illustrator file as svg using artboards

We use Illustrator to draw lots of icons.
    If we place each iocn on an artboard and try to save each artboard to a file by selecting Save as -> svg -> use artboards -> all,
    we expect multiple icons to be saved to multiple svg files.

We actually get multiple svg files, but each svg contains all layer names from the original file and one svg icon.

It would be very helpful, if manual cleanup after saving / exporting wasn't necessary.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Appearance of Black Feature Not Working in Illustrator CC 2019

The "Appearance of Black" feature is not working after installing Illustrator CC 2019. I've tried to disable and re-enable the feature, however all blacks appear as rich black now. The document shown in the attached screenshot is in CMYK color mode. The black box on the left is 100% K only, the box to the right is C: 60%, M: 50%, Y: 50%, and K: 100%.

Previously 100% process black only would display as shown in the preferences window. I've tried to open an old document and create a new CMYK color mode document, however the 100% K looks rich…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base