Illustrator Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

What can we fix in Illustrator? Vote for or report a bug.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rotation Handle Tolerance overrides scale and selection functionality while using Wacom.

Hiya. I have an issue with the Selection tool and the rotation handle functionality overriding both scale and shift+selection of other objects while using a Wacom.

Essentially, the rotation functionality tolerance seems to be 2-3 times higher than when using a mouse, which means that I have to zoom in far in order to either scale or select a nearby object.

This behaviour has been in every version of Illustrator since the original Illustrator CC - which behaved flawlessly.

I've also had it occur on 2 different computers with 2 different Wacom devices (Intuous 5 and Cintiq 13HD) and multiple…

133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

78 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI All,

Apologies for marking it complete, that happened due to a conflict. Apologies for the same.

A small fix of the bigger problem was fixed in the last release and due to some confusion the original issue/thread was closed.

We have reopened the issue and it is under investigation right now.

With Best Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh

2. Spacebar not working as quick hand tool

Spacebar has stopped working as hand tool as of 2018 update.

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

222 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Blob Brush changes size after undo

1. Illustrator CC 2017.1.0

-I Select blob brush on 2pt.
    -draw a bit with it
    -Hit undo and the blob brush suddenly changes to a much larger size even though it says 2pt in the menu
    -The only way to get it back is to go to Blob brush menu, select 1pt hit ok, then go back to blob brush menu and select 2pt again.

3. I expect that when I hit undo the blob brush will stay the correct size

4. It changes size every time I hit undo

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Gradient stop bug in 'Color' panel

When adjusting a colour stop its colour is visible in the 'Color' panel's 'Fill' field. You used to be able to cancel the stop colour by clicking on this 'Fill' field to go back to the gradient fill and to get the 'Stroke' colour back in sight.
    This is no longer the case. In spite of Illustrator flashing the tool tip 'Click to cancel' clicking does not work at all. The fill colour is stuck on the 'Colour Stop's colour.
    Now you can only see the 'Stroke' field in the 'Gradient' panel and the 'Tools' panel. This is a pain…

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  6 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug in entering number values in transform panel

Version: CC 22 (and has happened in previous versions)

There is a small bug that happens often when using the transform panel. I use it a lot to move and size objects with precision. Many times, I will want to move an object with the X and Y values. I will type a number, press enter and a completely different number value will automatically appear in the box and move it to that value. For example, I want to move an object to 4.25" in the Y axis and after I press enter, a value of 36.0833"…

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  32 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Missing center handles for extending lines

Missing the center handles for all lines, unable to extend lines properly (without scaling them) unless I switch to direct selection tool, which is a pain.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Global Process Colors get added twice when added from a CC library, lose their name and become Spot colors.

Create a Global Process Color Swatch and add it to a CC library.
    In a new document, select this color in the library, right click and choose
    Add to Swatches.
    The color gets added 2 times, becomes a spot color and loses it’s name.
    Or, in a new document double click the color in the Library. It gets added only once, keeps it’s name but becomes a Spot color.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Gradient panel layout messed up and not responding to user input

Gradient handles for linear and radial gradient are not responding to user input. Above the gradient input, disabled controls for setting position and opacity of stop are displayed (See screenshot).

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  40 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Scripts Menu not alphabetized

Custom scripts added to the Scripts menu are not shown in alphabetical order.

-Illustrator CC 2017.1.0 (21.1.0) version
    -See screen capture

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Unpredictable Text Editing

I'm on an iMac running High Sierra 10.13.2 and Illustrator CC 22.0.1

Text will randomly hide bounding boxes, apply tracking to text not selected, and refuse to apply adjustment to selected text. Closing the document and re-opening normalize things temporarily, but above behaviors come back.

All CC apps seem laggy and unstable after 2018 updates.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unable to import SVG textPath

Illustrator is able to export SVGs using the <textPath> element for use in browsers. However, it is unable to import SVGs using the <textPath> element - instead of importing them properly, it puts each glyph in the appropriate position along the path, but it doesn't rotate the glyphs.

The workaround is to generate SVGs with "expanded" outlines for text, but this leads to much larger SVG files, with a loss of editability.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Dirk Schulze responded

Hi James,

Thanks a lot for creating this bug report. We are currently reviewing the issue with the missing glyph rotation.

Greetings,
    Dirk

12. Unable to uncheck Type Pref Indic options & Fill object with placeholder text on preference migration from 22.1

1. MacOS Sierra ; Illustrator CC 23.0.1
    2. I'm trying to get the punctuation right while typing in Hindi, but I can't select "Indic Options". I went to Preferences>Type>Language Options. I can select "Show East Asian Options" but i can't seem to select "Show Indic Options" which is a bug.
    3. I expected to type correctly in Hindi
    4. I can't type in Hindi with the right punctuation and I'm on a strict deadline! Help

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Free Form gradient Line points gets deleted on changing opacity to 0 via Point Mode

Making a freeform gradient point to 0% opacity works until the object is moved. The point will be removed on moving the object. This does not affect opacity greated than 0%.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Rotate Tool unusable

1. 22.0.1 (OSX 10.13.1)
    2. Drawing some element (dosen't matter what), selecting the rotate-tool, trying to rotate the element while holding shift.
    3. being able to rotate in fixed angles.
    4. flickering element, no control over rotation (see video)

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Zoom to last artboard when switching files

This is related to this issue here, though I'm unable to vote or comment on it. So I'm reposting this issue, because it's still annoying.

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/32101687-zoom-to-arbitrary-artboard-when-switching-between

When I https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/32101687-zoom-to-arbitrary-artboard-when-switching-between

When I ⌘+Tilde (~), on certain documents (the setting seems to be saved to a document), it automatically Fits Artboard to Screen on the last artboard of the document. It is confusing, and annoying, and interrupts workflows where I need to move quickly between artboards. Please fix this.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. FreeForm Gradient point should also move on transforming Freeform Art

Today I ran into a problem with Adobe Illustrator artwork featuring some freeform gradient fills. I had a to create flipped, mirrored version of it for printing purposes (graphics would be applied sub-surface to a sign face). The problem is the freeform gradient fills wouldn't flip with the rest of the artwork. I attached a visual example of it. Using the "expand appearance" command allowed for the artwork to be flipped 180° correctly. It would be nice if I could avoid that kind of a fix.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Adjustment of a gradient in Live Painting Bucket (K)

In Illustrator CC2019 the Adjustment of a gradient in Live Painting Bucket (K) does not work.
    When in Live Painting Bucket (K) i apply the gradient, then i can not adjust it manually.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  9 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Tracking Problems with Properties Panel + Character Panel

MacOS, multiple versions, multiple hardware configs
    Illustrator CC2018 & 2019

##This has been reported on a number of other posts, but seems to keep being reposted as new entries, rather than upvoted.

Since CC2018 the ability to adjust tracking in Illustrator has been broken. This appeared to begin with the introduction of the Properties Panel in CC2018, but the issues extend to the 'normal/traditional' Character Panel as well.

When adjusting tracking on a single letter or group of letters, the program will glitch and the adjustment value shown in the panel will not reflect the value being incremented. Moreover, deselecting…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. illustrator crashes when using surface pen to draw

as soon as i use Illustrator to draw using my surface pen on my surface 4 pro illustrator crashes. it did this to me in the trail of cc 2018 however i assumed it was because of the trail version. i subscribed to cc 2018 a few days ago to draw and i haven't been able to draw with my tablet. mouse seems to work but as soon as i use a brush with my surface pen it crashes and will not allow me to generate a crash report as it stays gray forcing me to restart my computer.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Media size at print returns to default by specific operation

Any operating system (happens on both Windows and Mac)
    Illustrator Version 22.x or 21.x

Change "media size" in print setting from "Defined by Driver" to any paper.
    Finish the print dialog ("Done" click).
    Select from the color book with Swatches panel, or set the arrow with the Stroke panel.
    When returning to the print setting again, the media size returns to "Defined by Driver".

Does not occur before Version 20 (CC 2015.5).

Possibility to occur when using settings that refer to another Illustrator file.

Problems reported in the Japan Forum.
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2424994

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Raghuveer responded

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. We are able to repro this issue at our side and are currently investigating this.

With Best Regards,
    Illustrator Team

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base