Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

366 results found

1. Free Form gradient Line points gets deleted on changing opacity to 0 via Point Mode

Making a freeform gradient point to 0% opacity works until the object is moved. The point will be removed on moving the object. This does not affect opacity greated than 0%.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Gradients  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

2. White is now yellow

All my colors with todays 10/16/18 update have shifted and have lost their embedded color file. (When opening previous work). My white swatch is yellow. But when placed in Indesign it is white as well well as the color makeup 0000. Hiw can i fix this?

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.1
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

3. Shift hold (Constrain angle) within gradient use not working

When I shift hold a gradient now it doesn't snap (constrain angle) in Illustrator. I've checked my general settings and constrain angle is set to 0°... have I missed something? Version 23.0

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Gradients  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

4. 100% view is not 100% for pixels in cc2019

OMG, yesterday I've updated illustrator cc2018 to cc2019. Objects now in 100% view are diplayed as ~151% - see attached file - in left side - illustrator cc2018 window and 400x400 px square in 100% view. In the right side - the same square in 100% view.

Please fix this annoing bug.
    This is on Mac pro late 2013, High Sierra, 27' Eizo monitor 1400x2560

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

5. XD and PS defaults to open .ai files - AI files should open with Illustrator only

Working in windows 10. After updating XD and Illustrator to 2019, all my existing .ai files have been defaulted to open in XD. I can use the "Open With" option to successfully open .ai files in Illustrator but the default always stays with XD no matter how many times I select Illustrator.

Uninstalled XD. AI files cannot locate Illustrator as primary software for launch.

NOTE:
    Edited by Adobe Staff to generalise the issue.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have this issue fixed, please refer to steps below to solve the issue

XD defaulting to AI on Windows
    -——————————————————————

• Please update to latest version of XD (13.1.32) to resolve the issue. Thank you XD engineering team for solving this issue.

PS defaulting to AI on MAC
    -——————————————————————

• Please update to latest version of Illustrator (23.0.1) to solve this issue.
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. AIGPU sniffer

AIGPU sniffer triggers when launching indesign or illustrator after installing mojave -- dual screen issues also with ima pro og 27" apple screen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bug: Illustrator 22.1 Not Usable Since Mojave Update

1. Mojave update on latest Illustrator CC version 22.1

2. Basic usage of Illustrator

3. Use Illustrator normally

4. Random mouse clicks, movements etc making illustrator unusable. It's as if the interface and cursor just has a mind of its own sometimes. Even happening with Illustrator CS6 - Photoshop and InDesign CC have no issues at all.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 文字化け

ver. 22.1, macOS 10.14 (Mojave)

添付のスクリーンショットのように検索の部分の文字列が文字化けします。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 'Send to current layer' command is disabled when art across several layers is selected

I don't understand why it's limited, I can't see logic behind that, so I put it in Bugs, rather then Ideas.

See, I have some stuff in different layers. I select it, choose a layer, press a hotkey, I intend to collect it all in the selected layer, but nothing happens. WHY?

I have 'Collect in new layer' in Palette menu, but I have no hotkey for it (you guys do everything with mouse? really?) and i don't need a NEW layer, I need existing and selected one, and I have a command for it — ''Send to current layer'…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

11. Preferences NOT saving

Not an idea - It's a BUG -
    I change my Preference > Units > General to Inches.
    Once I quite and reopen they are Points again.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

12. Window size not big enough - Can't open the illustration

When I try to open a document from my drive, I get a pop-up window that says: Can't open the illustration. There is not enough room for the window; increase document area and try again.

I've only had this issue since the last update. What can I do to fix this?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

13. AI displays an error dialog on opening a file having STROKE OFFSET effect applied to a STRAY object

Continue to get this error message even though I've uninstalled/reinstalled every CC product including the loader app. Then there's an additional message, "An error occurred while processing the appearance of an object." It happens when switching out from outline mode, also when copying multiple items and then trying to paste them.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

14. Rasterizing a clipped image/group of objects results in extra white space in the resulting image.

If I rasterize a clipped image, the result is the same size as the clipped image but with extra whitespace surrounding the clipping boundaries. Expected result, IMO, should be that the resulting image is only as large as the clipping object.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Maintain width and Height Proportions bug

This has been a bug for at least a version or two: draw a shape, go to transform it in the Properties panel, and even though the "Maintain width and Height Properties" icon indicates "not constrained", adjusting one of the dimensions adjusts the other proportionally. This seems to happen only in a fresh file (perhaps fresh launch of Illustrator), and once I click and unclick the Constrain button once, it doesn't recur in that session.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0gqadn2lezzq7n/Constraint%20bug.mov?dl=0

So in the screen grab above, I draw a box freehand, then in the Properties panel, begin adjusting the height with my arrow keys.…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.

16. Gradient angle got reset to zero, when using Color Picker

1. Create path
    2. Apply gradient
    3. Change gradient angle
    4. Select gradient stop
    5. Double-click Fill in toolbox to open Color picker
    6. Choose any OTHER color
    7. Hit OK

Angle got reset to 0 (almost always)
    See attached file

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 24.0.2 on Win and 24.0.3 on MAC.

Thanks & Regards
    Ankit Goyal

17. Color picker works weird with gradient sliders

Sometimes Color Picker, summoned for SELECTED color gradient slider with double-click on Fill in toolbox, shows color Black instead of actual color, but when applied, turns color to white even.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

18. Illustrator Crashes when Opening File on Second Monitor

Illustrator is crashing when I open up the application on my second Monitor. But when I open it on my laptop it works. It will only work on my second monitor if I open it up on my laptop then drag to the second monitor. But if I want to open up another illustrator file it will crash again if I'm using the second monitor.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Some Dashed Lines make Ai crash

When typing these values in the Dashed Line fields:
    0 2 0 2

Ai crashes immediately, without a warning.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.

Warm Regards,

20. Circle size change when rotating

When I rotate a perfect circle, the size changes up to .004”. A 15”x15” circle, when rotated 17.184° becomes a 15.004”x15.004” circle. I know it may sound trivial, but I’m creating technical drawings that have to be accurate to the ten thousandths of an inch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base