Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

366 results found

1. Crashes on "Cancel" in Keyboard Shortcuts Window

1. Illustrator CC 2017 (21.1.0)
    2. Pressed "Cancel" in the Keyboard Shortcuts window.
    3. Expected Keyboard Shortcuts window to close without saving changes.
    4. Illustrator crashes

No plugins installed.

Removing preferences resolves the bug, but something in the process of re-setting my preferences makes the bug return.

Please let me know if you require further information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
    Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

2. 121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

3. Gestures Broken

Gestures (e.g. pinch to zoom, two finger panning) don't work in Illustrator for me anymore. They used to work just fine on both my Wacom tablet and laptop's touchpad, but now don't work for either. They work in Photoshop, just not Illustrator, so I'm not sure if it's an option that's been deselected or an actual bug, but I can't find the option if so. I can usually scroll vertically, pinch to zoom sometimes scrolls horizontally instead, and I can't use gestures to actually zoom at all.
    Version: Illustrator 2017

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Outline preview bug

After updating to the two latest versions of Nvidias Drivers on my laptop Outline Preview does not work at all in Illustrator.
    I tried to reinstall Illustrator, reinstall Nvidia drivers but nothing works.

The only solution right now is to switch to the integrated graphics Intek HD Graphics 530. But the performance is so much slower with this card :(

Illustrator version:
    2017.1.0 Release (21.1.0 Release (64-bit)

Graphics card:
    Nvidia Quadro M1000M

Nvidia driver version:
    Quadro Desktop / Quadro Notebook Driver Release 384.
    Version: 385.69

Hardware:
    Dell Precision 5510 laptop

Platform:
    Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Scale not auto highlighting input box

CC 2015.3 - when you hit S, the value input box is not highlighted like it is with every other tool (move, rotate, etc.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Disappearing Content

After zooming in or isolating objects, other objects disappear upon zooming out. I have to select and isolate invisible objects in order for them to reappear.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. CC2014 No artboard names (macOS Sierra - 10.12)

When using Illustrator CC2014 with macOS Sierra (10.12.6) no artboard names appear. Can this bug be rectified please?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Properties panel causing inconsistent tab group behaviour

The new Properties panel has a fixed width. When it's in a tab group with panels that don't have a fixed width (eg. the Layers panel), the tab group exhibits different behaviours depending on whether the tab group is docked or free-floating.

When the tab group is free floating, switching between the tabs causes the panel to change width according to each tab's setting, which is what you would expect. Eg. Go to the Layers tab and make the panel very wide. Switch to the Properties tab and the panel auto-shrinks. Switch back to the Layers panel and the width…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. KERNING ON EXTENDED SELECTIONS...

My kerning worked just fine about an hour ago, but now every time I try to add a custom kerning value it gives me the warning: Kerning on extended selections can only be set to Auto or 0.

I can't seem to get this to go away.
    I uninstalled & reinstalled Illustrator and it is still happening.
    I tried many fonts of different types, and it still won't work.

-Chris

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

11. Actions based on Scripts not saving after restart?

I located another thread from December where the consensus seems to be that this is a long standing and known bug with Illustrator.
    Permanently saving scripts in Action Set doesn't work / Scripts werden nicht dauerhaft in den Aktionseinstellungen gespeichert.

I have spent a good deal of time working with people here on the Adobe forums to develop a script to automate a very large function of my job, and now that it is completed it should be ready to pass on to members of my team so they can utilize it as well. The problem is that…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Increase size of anchor points / handles

Anchor points and handles are hard to grab.
    On denser displays the problem is amplified.
    Hard to grab using stylus.

162 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Warm Regards,

13. Calculation in New Document does not work correctly

I tried 300/4, which resulted in 0.04. Should be 75.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
    Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,

14. TIFF's generate Color Management Error in MacOS High Sierra.

When in macOS Sierra I can drag or import any TIFF without any issues or errors. My colors on screen are rich and vibrant and darker.

When in MacOS High Sierra I do the same thing I get a Color Management Error, and all my colors are faded and lighter.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Warm Regards,

15. Can't see anchor point and handles of paths after breaking link to symbol.

1. Version 21.1.0
    2. Draw the circle or any other simple shape, convert it to symbol then break link to symbol. Choose Direct selection tool and click on any anchor point. As result you will not see the handles of any point. The handles are shown only in isolation mode or outline mode but not in basic prewiew mode.
    9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Warm Regards,

16. User Guide Correction - Broken Links

The section of the user guide called Painting > Gradients is full of nothing but broken links. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/gradients.html
    Your links all just forward to http://create.adobe.com/ and http://tv.adobe.com/vi+f1586v1019
    which isn't helpful at all if you're trying to read the user guide in any meaningful way. Of course I can google ways to use the gradient tools but I came to you for the definitive "adobe prescribed" version of information as a way to prepare for your ACE exams. I know I'm not the only one who does this to bone up so if someone could help fix broken links it would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Could not read file because the plug in did not understand this file

Not sure what is happening. I was able to open files before but now I receive a message

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Document recovery is now built inside Illustrator to recover incomplete/corrupt documents. Illustrator first tries to fix and open the native Illustrator document, if that fails then the PDF part of the document is recovered if it is available. Illustrator shows message to the user if any of the above attempts fails to recover the document.

18. Blob Brush changes size after undo operation

1. Illustrator CC 2017.1.0

2. I Select blob brush on 2pt.

3. Draw a bit with it

4. Hit undo and the blob brush suddenly changes to a much larger size even though it says 2pt in the menu

5. The only way to get it back is to go to Blob brush menu, select 1pt hit ok, then go back to blob brush menu and select 2pt again.

6. I expect that when I hit undo the blob brush will stay the correct size

7. It changes size every time I hit undo

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Brushes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

19. Selection Stuck

Often when I select multiple object one will remain selected no matter where I click and what else I select. I have to "select all" then clink in blank space to get everything un selected. It's wasting a lot of time.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Off-center FIT TO SCREEN when copy/pasting object

Hello - I'm about as expert an illustrator user can get - for years I've used FIT ARTBOARD (option-0) as a way to cut/paste pixel perfectly centered artwork. The latest AI version 2017 is off - I realize align to artboard is the intended feature to attain this effect, however that way somewhat stinks because you can't make into a shortkey. Why doesn't (command-0) no longer perfectly center my artboard? (NOTE: the off-centered-ness varies from .1 to .01 inches - so very small -- but significant if you're doing engineering grade designs) -- thank you.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base