Type — Different Opacity Settings Not Displayed (GPU Preview)
AI Version: 25.2
OS: MacOS 11.2.1
Using GPU Preview
- With some type selected, edit the text and change the Opacity of only some letters.
- Note that those characters do not look changes.
- Switch to CPU Preview and note that the Opacity of those letters now display as expected.
I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.
Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.
You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html
Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!
Thanks for the information provided to the Illustrator team.
We are able to reproduce this issue at our end and the engineering team is currently isolating this issue further to get to the root cause.
With Best Regards,
Aishwarya G Gadodia
Adrian Jean commented
Update: This happens on both Intel and Apple Silicon Macs .
Eric Diebold commented
In Illustrator CC 25.2 for desktop:
- Highlight a letter or series of letters within a standard block of text
- Change the transparency (i.e. from 100% to 25%)
- The transparency of the selected letters remains at 100%
In previous versions, the selected letters would change to the transparency entered by the user.
MAC Big Sur 11.0.1, MacBook Pro 15-inch 2019, 2.3 Ghz 8-core, 32 Gig RAM
Gretchen Zamora commented
When highlighting text to select and change opacity it does not change and stays full opacity.