Illustrator (Desktop) Beta Bugs
253 results found
-
Inconsistent Anti-Aliasing When Combining Shapes with Outline in Adobe Illustrator
Description: There is a noticeable inconsistency in anti-aliasing when combining shapes with an outline in Adobe Illustrator.
Left Image (With Outline): Shapes with an outline are rasterized with a visible anti-aliasing effect.
Right Image (Combined Shape): After combining the shapes, the anti-aliasing effect appears smoother and more refined.
From my understanding, both images should exhibit similar anti-aliasing behavior when rasterized, as they are essentially the same shapes. However, the anti-aliasing in the first image (with outlines) is harsher compared to the combined result on the right.Expected Behavior: Both shapes should be rasterized with the same level of anti-aliasing, regardless…
2 votes -
Broken help link
Link from Illustrator manual to multiple art board video is broken.
https://www.adobe.com/404.html?gourl=lrvid5202_ai_en1 vote -
Beta AI exports pictures as skewed and grayscale, with visible parallel lines
When exporting JPG design Ai ruins the end-file. It is in grayscale and skewed as if would have been printed on bad printer.
3 votesThis is reported to be fixed in the latest Beta 28.7.0.65
Please check if it works for you and comment back.
-
Save as... SVG = Distortion Export as... SVG = No Distortion (Illustrator 29.0.1)
I have read a few other posts regarding SVG distortion when saving an illustrator file (.ai). When I choose, Save as... I get distorted objects when reopening the file. It varies from points, but typically will add an extra point in various locations of the path. Also, as a test, I tried to save the original and undistorted illustrator file (.ai) through the Export as... option and the file saved perfectly with no distortion. A simple workaround, however, the bug needs to be fixed.
1 vote -
5 votes
-
Sudden stopping
My app keeps on stopping and I cannot get what the problem is and its really sickening. Advice accordingly
2 votes -
Star (triangle) rounded edges Bug in v 28.7
Every time I try to round the edges of a 3 points star (triangle) the notification bellow shows up on my Adobe Illustrator (Beta) 28.7 version and as a consequence I can't round it. By the way, I'm using it on Windows 10 Pro 64 bits and I had this same problem in diffente files.
"Debug Assert failed!
{
expression: "false"
hash: "1d994fd0-34d9-6b24-7dfc-05670000003a"
lastError: "1814"
message: "Finish not working"
sourceFile: "C:\J\ws\ilstmainbeta\PlugInDev\ShapeCoreUI\Source\LiveCornerWidget.cpp"
sourceFunction: "LiveCornerWidget::EndChange"
sourceLine: "460"
threadID: "12948"
threadName: "main"
timestamp: "2024-07-11T15:25:51.0Z"
}-------------- StackTrace --------------
dvaui::ui::UINode::UIDispatchCapturedMouseEvent ( @ 0) (ShapeCoreUI.aip+0x0000000000038717)
dvaui::controls::UIInteractiveControlView::FinishInteractiveChange ( @ 0) (dvaui.dll+0x00000000000E9207)…2 votes -
Inside / Outside aligned strokes don’t trim sharp corners properly
The fact Inside / Outside aligned strokes are in fact dynamically generated compound shapes is a well obscured mystery, and it poses a ton of problems for experienced users.
However, this problem is blatantly obvious for all of us.
1. Make a path with a sharp angle, set sharp corners
2. Try to align stroke to Inside / Outside (open paths currently support this only in Beta)
3. Just look at the results.What are these protrusions?
Why don’t they get auto-trimmed?
Why expanding them gives a zero-width disjointed sliver and two unconnected shapes?7 votesThe team has encountered several issues with this feature. It requires them to change the basic algorithms and it is going to take them more time than anticipated.
While it still works in Beta 28.8.0.7, the next Beta build will have Inside/Outside aligned strokes for open paths disabled. The Beta is scheduled to be live on 7th of August.
Once this is ready to be enabled back, the team will update the status.
-
PNG missing from Export As in beta 28.5
The PNG filetype is missing from the Export As file browser menu in AI Beta version 28.5.
12 votesPNG as an option is back in Beta 28.5.0.75, in both Export As and Export Assets’ Format Settings. Please check and comment back if it is resolved at your side.
-
Rethink Modal Dialogs
Here is a significant issue that many users, including myself, have encountered while using Adobe Illustrator—the frequent appearance of popups and modal dialog boxes. These interruptions disrupt the workflow and hinder productivity, which is highly frustrating and inappropriate for a professional design software.
While I understand the importance of notifications and updates, the current implementation of popups often feels intrusive and unnecessary. These interruptions not only break concentration but also obscure parts of the workspace, causing unnecessary delays in completing tasks. Complicated transformations that require detailed selections get ruined when you have to stop everything to click an OK button.
…
9 votes -
Illustrator Beta workspace and preferences reset after updates
Loving the beta app, but every time I update the workspace resets and I have to recreate it from a blank slate every time.
35 votesThe team is going to review this next month. If you had the same problem recently, please upvote and comment.
-
Automactically Crashing Mutiple Times
My Illustrator app (beta v28.7) always automatically crashes after a few minutes when using it. This happened this morning and I don't the reason why. I just opened the file <50MB
2 votes -
I cannot scale objects on any file.
I cannot scale objects. I can only move them with selection tool.
1 voteYou have accidentally disabled the bounding box, most probably with the Ctrl+Shift+B hotkey.
You can toggle it back using the same keyboard shortcut, or with the View > Show Bounding Box command.
-
An action to open an existing document fails to run with a hotkey assigned if no documents are opened
An action to open a specific local document with F3 shortcut or any other F-key assigned fails to run it does not work when no files are open.
Runs fine when run with the Play Current Selection button, only the key is ignored. Also works if there is a new file or an existing document present.
This problem has been going on since AI 21.
4 votes -
I can't turn on toolbar in AI beta 28 version, hotkeys don't work
Error description below
16 votesWhich version gives this error?
What is the locale are you using?
-
Effect dialogs from Photoshop Effects section in the Effects menu display as blank, with only buttons visible
The screen turns to a blocked out white, whenever I open the effect gallery. This problem only occurred in Illustrator Beta, and not PSD beta.
See screenshot for visual6 votes -
Using Pencil tool with Live Feedback enabled throws a UNXP error message
It reported an error to me several times. I attach a screenshot
5 votesHi All ,
We have fixed this issue in the latest beta build 28.8.19.
Please try out the beta , and let us know your observations.
Regards,
Aishwarya G Gadodia
-
1 vote
-
Debug assert failure on launch: "deleted UI_Dialog is getting accessed."
…Debug Assert failed! { expression: "false" hash: "f6c2db28-0165-6d4d-f62a-107700000026" message: "deleted UI_Dialog is getting accessed." sourceFile: "D:\J\ws\ilst_main_beta\shared\META\dist\git\adobe\DVA\dva\shared\adobe\dvauxpui\adapters\src\Dialog.cpp" sourceFunction: "dvauxpui::adapters::Dialog::{ctor}::<lambda_06bed71ebe073d0b334b81e6b85040ef>::operator ()" sourceLine: "289" threadID: "30408" threadName: "main" timestamp: "2024-10-28T13:41:35.0Z" } -------------- StackTrace -------------- dvaui::ui::UI_Node::UI_SizeChanged ( @ 0) (dvaui.dll+0x0000000000633133) dvaui::ui::OS_Window::UI_ScaleChanged ( @ 0) (dvaui.dll+0x00000000006D4B08) dvaui::ui::OS_Window::DoResize ( @ 0) (dvaui.dll+0x00000000006C800F) dvaui::ui::OS_Window::UI_DPIChanged ( @ 0) (dvaui.dll+0x00000000006CDB44) dvaui::ui::OS_Window::UI_DispatchEvent ( @ 0) (dvaui.dll+0x00000000006CEA91) dvaui::ui::OS_Window::UI_HandleOSEvent ( @ 0) (dvaui.dll+0x00000000006D3BF9) dvaui::ui::OS_Window::StaticOSWindowWndProcImpl ( @ 0) (dvaui.dll+0x00000000006CC6B5) dvaui::ui::OS_Window::UI_UpdateScaleFactor ( @ 0) (dvaui.dll+0x00000000006D7183) dvaui::datatransfer::OS_DropTarget::~OS_DropTarget ( @ 0) (dvaui.dll+0x000000000030639C) dvacore::config::ExecuteTopLevelFunction ( @ 0) (dvacore.dll+0x00000000000B0327) dvacore::config::ExecuteTopLevelFunction ( @ 0) (Illustrator.exe+0x00000000008071D6) dvacore::config::ExecuteTopLevelFunction ( @ 0) (dvacore.dll+0x00000000000B0275) dvaui::ui::OS_Window::StaticOSWindowWndProc ( @ 0) (dvaui.dll+0x00000000006CC0F4) CallWindowProcW ( @ 0)2 votes -
Dimension tool options won't save
When using the dimension tool (beta) in the regular Illustrator program (latest update), I can't save my options. I can open the options window and change settings, but clicking "OK" does nothing. I have to cancel out to close the window in order to continue with my work. The tool will be great when it works correctly.
5 votes
- Don't see your idea?