When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

108 results found

1. Illustrator forgets which color mode is set in the Color palette (and Gradient)

Color panel always starts with RGB values. That's useless or very hard to use 99% of the time. So first thing for me is to set my Color panel to HSB and it stays like that for that session, but after a restart it's RGB again. Always!
    Gradient panel is even worse because it forgets instantly.
    Standard gradient's pop up color select is a Grayscale slider. I've never in my life needed that - not to mention HSB has the same with the value slider. But this bothers me less than what follows:
    If I change Grayscale to HSB and…

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Constraint needed for 'Transform Each' and 'Transform' effect dialogs

Please add an option to constrain the horizontal and vertical values when scaling objects using 'Transform Each'.

I almost always use 'Transform Each' to scale proportionally, and right now you have to manually set horizontal and vertical to the same value.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Select more than one layer at once

Okay if you have more than one layer...let's say 50 and I need to select 20 of them. Why can't someone select them with a single click instead of selecting every single layer? With shift selected I can mark more than one but they aren't selected. Same thing for sublayers and so on.

294 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Layers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone, This feature has been available since August 2020 release (version 24.3). Please update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html Thank you for all the feedback.

You can now select multiple layers in Layers panel. Click the bars (they get highlighted blue) if you want to operate layers and not their content (e.g. to drag to reorder) or click their markers to select their content — circle (target ones) or square (selection ones) next to them. There is no real difference which to pick, but if you want to select a range of layers, using Shift, use target markers.

4. When exporting an image, using artboard, with a single artboard, don't change filename.

If save an image using "Export As" , and I select the "use artboards" (because I want the image to be of that size, and I only want to export one specific artboard of my file, It would be better if it didn't add to the file name (ie: the filename-01.png would be filename.png). This is because I find myself exporting each layer of the same artboard with a specific name (ex: characterarm.png, characterleg.png, etc) and I have to remove the "01"s manually.
    I understand that this feature is really useful when exporting all the artboards at the…

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make Static Symbols the default, instead of Dynamic Symbols.

A new symbol is saved as "Dynamic" by default. Please make "Static" symbols the default. They are the "Standard" and should remain the default. It is the exception when I want a "dynamic" symbol.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Layer Panel Rename + tab

This one is (or sounds) easy and would mimick Photoshop’s function :
    I need to be able to rename layers in a row without scripting, by simply typing tab to go to the next visible layer’s name.

• it would really help with Character Animator's process.

Step by step :

I’m in the Layers panel.
    Those are badly named (layer 1, layer 2, layer 7…)
    I double click on the top layer (1) name to change it.
    I type « item A »
    Then i press Tab once.
    I’m now in the « layer 2 » name field, and all is…

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Display all font names in default language

The new Illustrator Adobe Fonts interface displays CJK fonts using their native language name. This is OK for people who are fluent in every language, but may be hard to use depending on who you are. Additionally, the font cannot be searched for using its English name. This is not consistent with InDesign's Adobe Fonts implementation, which still uses all English names.

Please make Illustrator's CJK font display entirely in English, similar to InDesign's, or at least display a searchable English name in brackets.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ilustrator needs to have the option to use Animated Zoom in Outline Mode

When you switch to outline mode (Ctrl-Y) you immediately go back to the outdated and incredibly frustrating marquee-zoom tool instead of the new and much more efficient Animated Zoom tool to click and drag to zoom. Incredible program, but this is by far one of the most annoying and "I-want-to-rip-my-hair-out" features.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

9. Links 'Reveal in Finder / Explorer' function as in InDesign

Add an extra Links panel function under or above 'Reveal in Bridge' called maybe 'Reveal in Finder', as already exists in InDesign.

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. easier way to unlock layers

I, like most people, work with layers. Sometimes those layers are 5, sometimes closer to 100. Thing is, I don't want to have to scroll through 100 layers to find the 1 locked layer I want to unlock. It would be great if I could just right-click on it, then go through a 2-step process to unlock the layer. At the very least, if I double-click on said locked layer, I wish to be shown immediately in the Layers panel where that layer is.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In latest versions you can enable ’Select and Unlock objects on canvas ’ option in Preferences > Selection & Anchor Display section.
    This will draw a small lock marker for those objects that are locked in your selection (they won’t be a part of selection box though) — click it to unlock an object.
    Please try it and comment back about if it works for you.

11. Visible keyboard shortcuts for actions

In photoshop you can see the keyboard shortcuts for a created action right behind the action in the action-window. Why isn't this possible in illustrator?

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Actions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Custom layer colors, layer 5 yellow is killing me

Can i please change the default layer colors so that layer 5 is not always yellow? I set up files all day long and yellow on white is ******* the eyes, would love to be able to set a default layer color for the first 5 or six new layers. Thank you.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback. The color yellow has been removed altogether as a layer color, and has been replaced by Magenta color for Layer 5. This functionality is available in our latest release build – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

What’s new in 24.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback.

13. Make Smart guides optionally work with live text

Sometimes it is needed to snap to contour of live text.
    Right now it requires to make a copy of text, outline it, snap to desired point/segment, delete copy.

What if user could tick an option that allows to snap to live glyphs? or use 'Ctrl' modifier to toggle this mode on the fly? It would allow us to skip copying-outlining-snapping-deleting and boost the speed.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Free Distort Bounding box doesn't follow shape

I know this isn't a bug, but it definitely feels that way. The Bounding box when using the free distort reset back to the initial shape and doesn't follow the shape you are shaping, Which makes it virtually impossible to make fine tuned distortions. The way it works in Photoshop is the way it should be.

I see people have complained about this for YEARS!
    I cannot see a single use case where the current way is preferable.

And using the effect Free Dstort isnt anybetter, since you don't get a visual representation on the artboard of what you are…

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

We have improved the working experience of Free Distort tool. Now the bounding box will not reset! This functionality now is available in our latest release build – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

What’s new in 24.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback

15. 90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Locked objects Show a "lock" icon Like InDesign

A great feature to have in Illustrator is to unlock the locked object by clicking on the Lock icon next to the object. its hard to tell which object is locked except by going to object -> unlock All, or Check the Layers Panel. Adobe InDesign has this feature for years.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New artboard default to spacing set in Rearrange artboard panel

It would be useful if when you create a new artboard that the spacing between it and the previous one reflects the spacing you have defined in the 're-arrange artboards' panel.

Currently it defaults to something around 7/8mm which is annoying when you have artwork that spills over, as moving the artboard drags the artwork with it. I know you can turn that feature off, but the spacing defaulting to what you've already defined would still be very useful.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

18. I'd like to see the transform values of text be accurate to the text rather than the text box

I'd like to see the transform values of text be accurate to the text rather than the text box. Also so that when I am center aligning text horizontally it will align the actual text and not the text box.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Latest versions of Illustrator have an exact solution for that.

Open Align panel, and enable Align to Glyph Bounds option in the panel’s menu, for point or area text or both.

The bounding box will remain the same, but the text will now align to and by its actual bounds, just like you want.

Please comment back if it works for you.

19. Auto-adjust text box to text

In the past, with Freehand, we could to do that by clicking on the bottom corner right of the text box.
    Recover that would be a good idea.
    Thanks!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have a search bar at the top that searches all menu items.

Ok, the Adobe menus have a LOT of menu items and features. You guys should create a search bar that searches all the menu items and features to make it easier to find things.

Microsoft has this feature in it's Office Suite and it is SUPER useful.

For example have a bar that asks the user "What are you looking for" They can type anything, for example "Alignment" and it would bring up the alignment menu. Or "pathfinder" will bring up a button for the pathfinder menu.

Think about it guys, would save EVERYONE who isn't a pro SO much…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The latest 2022 release has the Discover window that you can quickly call using F1 by default, which searches most if the commands available.
    Have you tried it? Please tell us how it differs from what you expect from the global search you have in mind? What is missing or can be improved?

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base