Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Export revisions only

When making minor updates to an existing presentation or pdf, option to "Export Revisions Only" to an existing file name or pdf - similar to Adobe Acrobat's new feature to detect changes between similar documents, this feature allows you export/update only the pages with revisions into an existing .pdf file. This saves a lot of export time when a client asks for several small revisions to a 10-20+ page presentation or document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When sharing a file for a client to add comments. Add a button for when they are done adding comments.

When sharing a file for a client to add comments. It would be good for a button to be added saying "done" or "finished". At the moment, we get notified for every comment, and I don't know when the client has finished adding all their comments. It would be good to get a notification of when they have finished.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Variable font substitution (with different number of axis)

I get a crash when: Having a 3-axis variable font used in a document, I close the file and delete the font from my system . Then I open the file and try to substitute that missing font by another with a different number of axis. Boom.

I guess the perfect behaviour here would be to ignore the extra axis or use a neutral value for axis added after substitution.

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Color Coding for windows and tabs

I appreciate the many ways Adobe has updated the workspace in Illustrator to be as efficient as possible. However, one thing that I constantly find myself running into is the slight frustration of having to click, or read, or hotkey through the different tabs or windows in order to perform a new function or locate a file.

A project may require many windows in my workspace or I'm working with multiple files I'm having to bounce between.. I'm in a good creative workflow zipping through my project, and then, I find myself having to stop and do a little search…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Convert fractions to decimals within the program, not just the new file dialogue box: 116-7/8" to 116.875 in.

We work with various large format sizes given with fractions, but the programs run off decimals. The New file dialogue box will convert them, so why can't this be added to the number fields for artboard and object sizes? Similar to how we can use the "/" to divide by a number when working at 1/4 scale or 1/2 scale.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow to export empty TGA and TIFF

1. Windows 10.
    2. Version 28.0.
    3. Exporting an empty file to TGA format.
    4. Illustrator should proceed to "Targa Options" but instead gives a message "Could not write the file because the plug-in made an invalid request of the Photoshop Adapter."
    5. No attachment needed, just open a new document and try to save it as TGA without adding any contents.

This is an edge case - there are not many cases where you'd want an empty file of a specific resolution, although there are some, and of course in this case you can just make an empty TGA through Photoshop (which I have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A back button on the Save & Export windows

Often when saving/exporting a file from illustrator i'll move through the various steps; naming the file, choosing a location, adjusting the settings etc, then just as i go to hit 'ok' on the final window i'll realise i forgot to adjust a setting in an earlier window and so am forced to hit the cancel button and start the saving process again.
    Obviously its not a huge issue but it would save a little time and frustration if you could just click a back button rather than having to start over.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When exporting the saving dialogue doesn't take you to the source location

When exporting, the saving dialogue doesn't take you to the source location which used to be the case. It takes you to Downloads instead which is not convenient for file organization.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Saving PDF without modifying embedded images

Universities use LaTex PDF in researches for a good reason. The PDF produced by a LaTex app won't resample or blow-up the embedded images (JPEG). As a researcher, it will save us a lot of time if illustrator PDF setting has the option to not resample or alter the embedded images. A JPEG image (1920 x 1920 pixels) of a size 200 KB will make illustrator PDF file of about 10 MB. Whereas the PDF file produced by a LaTex app will be slightly bigger than 200 KB. I hope Adobe engineers will consider this issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Preserve the transparency (opacity %) when a file is exported.

If I want to create overlays (think of Instagram filters), I want to be able to preserve the opacity %. So that I can take this overlay and place it over other images.
    The way it works currently is if I export the object and place it on another image, all the transparency is lost and the object is set to 100% opacity.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Perspective Tool and Strokes.

I've recently gotten into the Perspective Tool in a big way. My only problem is that STROKES' don't conform to Perspective. I've worked around this by converting the stroke into a fill using OBJECT > PATH > OUTLINE STROKE. It gets the job done, but I lose all that "strokey" goodness. Can a button be added somewhere to "Allow Strokes To Be Effected By Perspective?"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. SVG code for current document visible in non modal view

When fine-tuning SVG files, the ergonomics of the workflow are far less than optimal. This is especially problematic because SVG supports only a subset of what is possible in Illustrator.

A round trip to some other app, or viewing code via the export modal feels awkward and is certainly time-consuming. Worse, it takes me away from the main Illustrator editor where my art is actually visible/editable.

Can't we have a panel which shows the SVG code 'live', without having to visit the file menu. It need not be an editable code view, but 'pretty printing' and perhaps code folding…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow Shaper Tool to create stars

Shaper Tool allows to create live rectangles, ellipses, polygons in a freehand manner: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/building-new-shapes-using-shape.html

Recently a new live shape got added into Illustrator — Star.
    But Shaper Tool won’t create one if you try to scribble it.
    Not sure how popular Shaper Tool is, but it should be able to do it anyway.

Original idea by Monika Gause.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 3D rendering issues with labels

When applying a label to a cylinder, the rendering is not clean. There are artifacts generated in the nothingness. See the artifacts in the attached file. This also doesn't get soled when rotating the object.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make the GPU renderer realize when it is grinding to a halt and turn itself off automatically.

The GPU renderer is great. If you're on a machine with a hefty GPU. If you're not throwing a bunch of bitmaps and/or bitmap effects at it. If you're not working with a lot of overlaid transparency.

If one or more of these is false, it starts slowing down the preview rendering. And not by microseconds. I have files that render the preview a little sluggishly, but still usably, with the CPU renderer, and take minutes to update with the GPU renderer.

I myself have permanently turned off the GPU renderer, as I regularly fail all three of these ifs…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. file>export>export as... still lists Flash as an option

How long ago was Flash rebranded to Animate? Five years now?

The "Flash (SWF)" option in the Export As... dialogue should be "Animate (SWF)".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. AI: trace in style of...

the new text to vector tool is amazing, especially the match to artboard/ stylepicker functionality.

Now I would like to import a photo to the artboard of an existing Illustration and trace it in the same style/simplification of this already existing vector file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Return / make optional ability to indicate subfolders in artboard name / path

In previous versions it was possible to make name of artboard as "folder/subfolder/artboardname" and while export it would reproduce whole hierarchy of subfolders.
    It was super nice for organizing assets.
    Now it saves file in base directory and replaces "/" with "-".
    Maybe we can put this option to settings so that people may continue to use it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make it possible for a Graphic Style to mark some symbols as being part of it.

So right now I have a workflow that involves making a lot of complex appearance stacks, saving them as a Graphic Style, then later bringing them into another file by hitting the 'library' button in the Graphic Styles palette and navigating to it via the Other Library file picker.

If I import a style that uses a brush or a global color swatch or a pattern swatch or a width profile, those assets will get imported. But a style that uses a symbol won't import the symbol, and this is a really annoying little exception. It is, perhaps, not surprising

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base