Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests
When entering a new feature request, please provide:
- Description
- Why is this valuable to you?
- or
950 results found
-
Brushes: anomalous effects
Illustrator 2018 22.0.1
Steps taken: Applying a pattern brush to a stroke, and adding an extra stroke around that in the appearance panel.
Expected result: The stroke should only apply to the visible outline of the brush (see image), and no weird visual anomalies.
Actual result: The stroke applies to both the brush as expected, but also to the original path (which should be invisible). There are also some anomalous gaps between the component parts of the brush, which should not be there.
Furthermore, if you expand the brush you get a group containing the brush sub-paths (totally fine), but…
5 votes -
Saving custom templates/workspaces that SAVE BRUSHES + SWATCHES WE HAVE CUSTOMIZED
At the moment, anytime I create a new document I have to re-load in my customized brushes and swatch workspace. There is no ability to save a custom workspace with the brushes+swatches how I want it. I also cannot do this via saving a custom template, which seems like the logical thing to do.
It's such a small thing, but it's a bit silly that I have to dig through my desktop files anytime I need my own brushes/saved swatches/saved template. I'm a professional who sends off custom files over to factories all the time and it slows me down…
2 votes -
Bug and unexpected shutdown without saving
It's been a couple times since unexpected errors happen when I'm working on Illustrator, it shutsdown, and the file doesn't save. This makes me quite mad because since I updated to the new 2026, bugs like this should not be happening but all the way around, happens quite often. On previous versions, when this happened, the files automatically saved but now, it does not.
1 vote -
AFP to SMB link conversion
Create a function that examines the file links in an ai file and convert any AFP links to SMB links.
4 votes -
Able to edit class prefix at export SVG (st0,st1...)
This issue is very common when you import to html two or more svg files and the last svg overwrites the class of the previous svg inserted, due that uses same name of class.
The solve is able to edit a prefix on export options window, that can edit for each file to set an unique prefix to get e.g.: st0, st1 and foo0, foo1 in each.
1 vote -
Make Envelope Distort to ignore the clipped part of a clipping group
I would like it to be possible to perform an envelope distort operation so that only what is in the clipping is taken into account in the calculation of object bending. At the moment, if I have, for example, objects (like circle) in a clipping rectangle and I use the "Make with Mesh" or "Make with Top Object" option to bend the whole thing to a different shape, the bend sizes are not only limited to the clipping but to all objects that are not visible and hidden under the clipping, causing it to be badly deformed. It would be…
6 votes -
Background option for thumbnail view when saving vectors, especially white vectors
When a user goes through the save options on the pop-up window, it would be nice to add a feature that lets one select a background color for the thumbnail image. My reason for this is so my white vector files do not disappear on a white background. That would be great for me as a designer. The real trick would be if this thumbnail could also be viewed by anyone on their computer. White logos and icons I develop are passed off to clients or internal team members. Seeing that thumbnail can eliminate doubt and questions about the image…
3 votes -
Batch rename of artboards and layers
its so hard today to work with renaming many artboards. At the export (file > Export....) its the same problem, even if we decided to "Asset Export", we don't have the control of that. This featured is used so many time in Figma, por example, even we can perform a RegEx renaming.
5 votes -
Tool for understanding storage size (bytes in file/memory) of single object or group of ojbects in document
Often Illustrator file size have very large size. And Illustrator interface at now provide no ways for understand, which objects englarge file size, and how to reduce the size.
Main question is for embedded objects (pixel images) - before embedding we can see file size, but after embedding - fields in panel becomes empty! Why?
So, please fix, at first, showing info about embedded images in Links panel, and next - create some tool for review size of currently selected group of objects.
2 votes -
Add Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+X as a text modal keyboard shortcut for strikethrough text
Recently Ai finally added hotkeys slots for text formatting (following this request: http://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657/suggestions/33679330) — for bold, Underline, Italics.
We need more.
Even though Strikethrough (as well as Underline) in Ai is very basic and does not allow customization (here is a request about both: http://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657/suggestions/48103976), we need at least an empty hotkey slot for it. Most apps support Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+X for this, so I suggest the same combination.5 votes -
Reduce / Extend path effect
Like in After Effects, it would be very useful to have an effect or an option in the Stroke panel like the "reduce path" animation option to draw more complex strokes (instead of duplicate them), like in the RubberHose plug-in. Could be useful to draw characters or set up files to export to AE.
Thanks.1 vote -
Need to select all artboards and resize them at once by entering desired size.
Need to select and change all artboard size at once. Can we have this feature in Illustrator? Because after design we need to prepare artworks from same file so we need to increase artboard sizes to add crop marks and other details of instructions for printer, It will be easier if we can change this in artboard window or from document setup.
5 votesIn latest version we can select multiple artboards and resize each one at once.
Please comment back if it’s still not solved for you.
-
CC cloud library "view by group" option when relink images...
The addition of "view by group" option to organize assets has become paramount to manage great projects. But... I've faced the problem that when I want to relink any file from Cloud Libraries, the panel appears without any grouping or organization, needing to search through houndreds of individual asstes, manytimes sharing same name, and small enough to be undifferenciated each other.
5 votes -
Export file format order
Is there a way to change the order of formats in the dropdown? It would be great to have the default choice be the format I use 99% of the time?
2 votes -
Copy layer from one document to another with effects / appearance
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to copy-paste a layer from one file to another, including the layer’s effects / appearance?
Or to have an option to Duplicate a Layer into another file (like in Photoshop).
4 votes -
Populate in Illustrator, like you do in Adobe XD
I can tell that many designers would love to have that function. Creating an item info like Image, Name, Info about the item, and then multiplying it on a page, like a flyer, or a poster - and populating the image and text, just by dropping a text file and a set of image you have in a folder to populate the design. Here is a visual example.
6 votes -
Offer more control for managing Profile Mismatching per image
Profile mismatch alerts are given per each linked image, and the choices offered don’t allow to control this efficient enough.
Please give us these things:
1 - Ability to hide alerts in bulk
It would be helpful if, like with other features, there could be a checkbox option for “Apply this action to all future alerts” to handle this.2 - Clear indication of which image the alert is referring to
There may be cases where you’d want to fix a linked image with an irregular color setting, so the following detailed options might be useful:
— A “Details” button…1 vote -
iCloud Compatibility
I was just at Apple the other day because my Macbook Pro (2018, running Mojave) kept crashing when I would open it from sleeping. They told me something in the Adobe App Suite was causing this to happen. So I uninstalled apps, then reinstalled them and it fixed the crashing upon waking issue.
However, when I tried to use Illustrator, it was very buggy, glitchy, would freeze up. I contacted support and they told me the only solution is to sign out of iCloud to use Illustrator. I don't even have any Adobe related files in my iCloud, but it…
1 vote -
Option to define layer/ sublayer behavior
Every time I open an old file all the sub-layers are collapsed
Even though a lot of people wish for the option to auto collapse the sub-layers, I personally work a lot with them expanded.
Hence my wish to have the option to set the behavior of the layers with sub-layers either auto-opened or collapsed (or as saved like last edit)
5 votes -
Dropdown menu for alignment to specific artboards
I work with multiple artboards files every day and I constantly use the align tool to align to what I think is the artboard I have highlighted, only for it to jump to a different board. It would be awesome if you could click and hold for a menu to dropdown and then select the artboard to align that item to.
1 vote
- Don't see your idea?