When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rearrange only Selected artboards

Currently I can only "Rearrange All Artboards".

But I just selected only some artboards in my document and I want to rearrange only selected items. For example, increase spacing between them.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Preview Mode

Like InDesign, incorporate a preview mode to show only the content inside of the artboard to see the final preview.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can we rename multiple layers in one go?

For example, we select 10 different layers, we right click and select "rename layer(s)" and then a prompt comes up where we type the name we want to assign to all the selected layers.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add ability to rebind artboard names to their numbers

In my work I add and delete artboards during work.
    When artboard is created, it's given a name, corresponding it's number.
    When custom artboard is deleted, numbers of next artboards are shifted (it's OK), but names stay the same.

So when job is done, I can have something like this:
    1. Artboard 6
    2. Artboard 8
    3. Artboard 9
    4. Artboard 10
    5. Artboard 12
    and so forth

Since the last number is almost as noticeable as first one, it's hard to pick up correct ones for export.
    I have a script written to fix this, which renames artboards to…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. AltGr key not working

AltGr key does not work as intended, it currently only produces a Ctrl+Alt keypress. On many European keyboard layouts it is used to type e.g. characters @, [, {, |, \, ~, and currency symbols (€, $, £). The only way to circumvent this is to use e.g. Notepad to type in the characters and copy-pasting them, which is a nuisance. All the other Adobe CC apps - just as basically every other Windows app in the world - use AltGr as intended, so why does not Illustrator?

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

AltGr is supposed to be equivalent to Alt + ctrl.
    At present, when we press e.g. AltGr + E while writing text, we check if any command can handle it and if yes it is not passed to application to handle key event. That’s why existing commands are triggered on those extended char shortcuts.

If we want to change the behavior that while writing text key shortcuts (e.g. AltGr + E) should write extended character, Then we will have to sacrifice all the text contextual shortcuts we have at present in app e.g. ctrl + alt + I does something. All those commands would stop working.
    This is the reason why we are moving it to the feature

7. 19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop nag windows

Provide the option to stop nag windows appearing - offering to take a tour of Illustrator, or to use the new tools instead of the old ones. I already use most of the new tools, but I would like to occasionally use some of the old ones without being reminded that other options exist. Especially after the 200th time...

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "Paste on selected Artboards"

The user should be able to paste on selected artboards. Currently we have to past on all of them or one of them. With the advent of many more artboards, the user has to spend a lot of time pasting on each artboard.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. create layer from selection or artboard

have the ability in layers palette to create "new layer from selection" or "new layer from artboard"

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Rotate view for illustration purposes

I illustrate using a tablet, and it's extremely difficult to draw horizontal lines in Illustrator. If the view can be rotated, like in Photoshop, it would be a huge advantage.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. artboard

Have new artboards follow your "re-arrange" pattern.

i.e if you re-arrange your artboards to go down 1 column, have new artboards get created at the bottom under the latest artboard instead of generating sideways

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to move Color Groups in Recolor artwork

I just want a simple drag and sort option for Color Groups.
    When I goto "Recolor Artwork" I have a lot of color groups there and I just want to drag any with the mouse, thats so simple!

Currently they are not moveable at all!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Keyboard shortcut to fit artboard to selection

Currently you must have content selected to fit it to art board in focus. This workflow adds extra interaction cost by having to remember to first select before hitting the drop-down menu to fit it. Selecting the content and art board and striking a key command would make this a lot more efficient.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Advanced Rename Tools for Artboards

Would love to have a feature that allows a mass-rename feature to artboards the same way you can rename files in Mac OS: Add Text, Replace Text, Format. As a designer who exports many artboards for the web and is constantly renaming file version numbers for easy export - this would be a dream!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Password protect in layers

I am looking for an option in the Adobe Illustrator to have the layers locked with a password. so i can send the source file to the other users only to modify what they have to and not touch my content.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make ripple Artboard tool in Illustrator

As someone who uses Illustrator to design much of my artwork for animation in After Effects there's one tool that I find I constantly need and instead just muddle through manually cutting, copying and pasting.

It'd be great to have a tool in AI that would insert a new Artboard between say frames 9 and 10, and then move all the artwork from frame 10 on up to the next artboards (frames 11, 12, 13, 14, etc.) I think of like a ripple edit tool. You can insert or delete a frame (artboard) and the artwork on all the artboards…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show how many artboards are selected

Since we can have multiple artboards selected and this selection isn't very noticeable (which should be fixed too), why not to show how many artboards are selected?
    Just say how many in empty 'Name:' field, since it shows nothing when more is one artboard is selected, in brackets or different color.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to "Show Transparency Grid" by default for all the files at all the time

I deal with a lot of white icons/svg and would like to keep the transparency grid on by default for all the files.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Barcode

Dear Adobe,

hope you doing well, could you please one more option in illustrator for Barcode generator

Thank you

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base