Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

364 results found

1. ドロップシャドウのデフォルトのカラー設定がK100%ではなく4色になっている

発見はMacOS Catalina(10.15.7)ですが、Windows10でも同様でした。
    Illustrator2021(25.2)のドロップシャドウにおいて、デフォルトのカラー設定がK100%ではなくC93%、M88%、Y89%、K80%になっています。RGBベースのカラー設定がCMYKモードに持ち越されているものと思われますが、印刷において事故の原因となりますので早急に修正願います。

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

2. Overwriting PDF-Files does not work anymore with build 24.0.2 !

Overwriting PDF-Files does not work anymore with build 24.0.2 ! Till 24.0.1 it works. Pleas fix this. Current Update is a desaster.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

We have fixed this issue in 24.0.3 version of Illustrator (MAC only issue). Please update to 24.0.3 if you are encountering this issue. For all the other issues which you are encountering regarding the update or the new document dialog or any other please create another User Voice thread for that issue so that we can track it there itself.

Thanks & Regards,
    Illustrator Team

3. Tiny size indicators on high-resolution displays

I have Windows 10 and a display with a resolution of 2560x1440 and a scaling of 150%. Illustrator displays tiny size indicators. Take a look at the screenshots.

This is a long-standing problem with the scaling of the Illustrator interface. Please correct it, my eyes hurt.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

4. M1 Apple McBook - Crashing

I just got a new MacBook Pro with the M1 Apple chip. Illustrator keeps freezing and crashing. It also causes my whole computer to crash! I heard many other people are having the same problem. It is unusable by this point!

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This issue (entire M1 McBook system freezes) is fixed for AI 25.0.1 and 25.1

This fix takes effect in a day’s time, if you still face this entire system freeze then please follow the steps to update

1). Backup your preferences and launch Illustrator with fresh preferences
    2). Quit and re-launch Illustrator once again
    3). Use Illustrator in your workflow

If you see AI crash and entire system is not freezing then please create a new issue.

5. Outline preview bug

After updating to the two latest versions of Nvidias Drivers on my laptop Outline Preview does not work at all in Illustrator.
    I tried to reinstall Illustrator, reinstall Nvidia drivers but nothing works.

The only solution right now is to switch to the integrated graphics Intek HD Graphics 530. But the performance is so much slower with this card :(

Illustrator version:
    2017.1.0 Release (21.1.0 Release (64-bit)

Graphics card:
    Nvidia Quadro M1000M

Nvidia driver version:
    Quadro Desktop / Quadro Notebook Driver Release 384.
    Version: 385.69

Hardware:
    Dell Precision 5510 laptop

Platform:
    Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can't save files in Catalina

With the new OS Catalina, Illustrator no longer can save, save as or export any file. This is a critical issue. Not sure how it would be missed in testing. is it a known issue and being worked on?

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 24.0.0

For the issue where you are encountering “An unknown error has occurred” while saving the document then please go to the following link to track the status of this issue:
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/38961718-v-24-generic-error-while-saving-files-disappear

Warm Regards,
    Illustrator Team

7. Running an Action from script

Hello,
    In Illustrator CC latest update, my following script does not work:
    1- Select a couple paths (in script) (all of them close paths in different groups)
    2- execute my action which offset paths with certain amount

The problem is in this new version after the action dis-select all of them except one, but before this version it worked and keep all of my selection paths still as selected ( by path I mean the new offset paths, but for all of them)

It really made trouble for my script in the company, because some computer still does not have…

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

8. Blob Brush changes size after undo operation

1. Illustrator CC 2017.1.0

2. I Select blob brush on 2pt.

3. Draw a bit with it

4. Hit undo and the blob brush suddenly changes to a much larger size even though it says 2pt in the menu

5. The only way to get it back is to go to Blob brush menu, select 1pt hit ok, then go back to blob brush menu and select 2pt again.

6. I expect that when I hit undo the blob brush will stay the correct size

7. It changes size every time I hit undo

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Brushes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

9. Custom Colors convert to CMYK automatically, when we set "Effect->Blur->Gaussian Blur".

When we apply Effect->Blur->Gaussian blur an object with a custom color, it will be converted to CMYK color in overprint preview mode.
    Also, when we export PDF, it will convert to CMYK.

Illustrator ver.24.2
    OSX 10.13.6

The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
    1. To make pathItems that colored Custom color.
    2. Select it and apply Effect->Blur->Gaussian Blur.
    3. Open Separation preview panel and check Overprint preview.
    4. Custom color objects seem to convert to CMYK.
    5. To export it to PDF, the custom color will discard and convert to CMYK.

Your expected result
    We lose custom…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

10. Constrain (shift key) doesn't work with Smart Guides turned on

When smart guides are on none of the constrain features (holding down shift) work properly, whether it's rotating, reflecting, etc. It just sort of jumps back to one position, often the original position, and won't move. The little magenta text that lets you know the angle etc. also goes a little crazy and looks like it's trying to display a few different words on top of each other.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

11. ð (eth) and Ð (Eth) glyphs not recognised as the same character

The glyphs ð (eth) and Ð (Eth) are lower and upper case of the Icelandic character eth. Illustrator has no problems working with them, except when you need to change the case, whether you do that by Type->Change Case or by changing the character attribute to All caps (or small caps for that matter).

This is a recurring bug in Illustrator, which has been fixed at least twice before, but somehow creeps in a few versions later. I suspect some legacy code in the internal text engine, which does not reflect the relationship between the two characters.

I’m including a…

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.0.2 which is available worldwide now.

12. BUG - Kann Umlaute ü und ö nicht per Tastatur eingeben

Seit dem Update auf Illustrator 25.4 kann ich die Umlaute "ü" und "ä" nicht auf der Tastatur eingeben. Es wird einfach nichts eingetippt.

Habe die vorherige Version 25.3.1 installiert und es ging wieder.

Bitte dringend patchen!!!

Windows 10 Pro 21H1, 19043.1110

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

13. Direct Selection tool does not work on text anchors....

For some reason I can no longer select text by anchor using the direct selection tool. If I use the Regular selection tool it acts as it did before the update but the direct selection tool does not.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

14. Non Functional Gradient stop bug in 'Color' panel

When adjusting a colour stop its colour is visible in the 'Color' panel's 'Fill' field. You used to be able to cancel the stop colour by clicking on this 'Fill' field to go back to the gradient fill and to get the 'Stroke' colour back in sight.
    This is no longer the case. In spite of Illustrator flashing the tool tip 'Click to cancel' clicking does not work at all. The fill colour is stuck on the 'Colour Stop's colour.
    Now you can only see the 'Stroke' field in the 'Gradient' panel and the 'Tools' panel. This is a pain…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

15. (Applescript) do javascript command no longer works in Illustrator 2021(25.1)

Bug report:
    When using AppleScript's do javascript in Illustrator 2021(25.1), nothing happens regardless of whether it is a file or text. The result will return a missing value. In 25.0.1, it works fine.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/applescript-do-javascript-command-no-longer-works-in-25-1/m-p/11737799?page=1&profile.language=en

In the case of jsx files, it can be avoided by writing the following code. If the file extension is jsxbin, it cannot be executed. And arguments cannot be passed.

-- solution 1
    tell application "Adobe Illustrator"
    open ("Macintosh HD:Users:username:Desktop:sample.jsx" as alias)
    end tell

-- solution 2
    tell application "Finder"
    open ("Macintosh HD:Users:username:Desktop:sample.jsx" as alias) using ("Macintosh HD:Applications:Adobe Illustrator 2021:Adobe Illustrator. app:" as alias)
    end tell

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2 which is available worldwide now.

16. Can't do changes to the containing folder - gude

A text file named "gude<current date>" is created in the destination folder. Can't do changes to the containing folder.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

17. Bounding box suddenly disappears using Selection Tool

Suddenly disappears, but when a select scale then select the "Selection Tool" again the Bounding box reappears. When it is gone, togglingthe quick key, has no effect though t changes the menu state for turning it on and off. Also, when it can't be seen, a small icon for the bounding box is in the corner, occasionally.

Sound familiar to anyone else?

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Print  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.

Warm Regards,

19. Image Not Visible/Blank When Placing EPS Files into new file

I use a program called Separation Studio to separate raster images into spot colors. I then open up a new Illustrator file, click file -> place -> select the eps file created from Separation Studio, and the image that is placed is blank. This was not an issue with any versions of Illustrator. In previous versions, you were able to see the image that was placed and even change/alter the spot colors that were brought in. In this new version, CC18, the spot colors come in with the image when it's placed, but even if you change the spot color,…

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.

Warm Regards,

20. Canvas Rotation Feature is obstructing regular pinching in or out gesture for zooming, when using the trackpad

When using the pinching in or out gesture on the trackpad, to zoom in or out.
    The artboard gets rotated very easily if there is even a slight rotation in the gesture while.

And then part 2 of problem. Its impossible to set it back to 0degrees. It keeps snapping between some low degrees

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base