Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

366 results found

1. KERNING ON EXTENDED SELECTIONS...

My kerning worked just fine about an hour ago, but now every time I try to add a custom kerning value it gives me the warning: Kerning on extended selections can only be set to Auto or 0.

I can't seem to get this to go away.
    I uninstalled & reinstalled Illustrator and it is still happening.
    I tried many fonts of different types, and it still won't work.

-Chris

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

2. 35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

3. Upgrade 25.4.6 Not export dxf

Upgrade 25.4.6 Not export dxf
    MacoS 10.14.6

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Files not saving correctly, reopens to older versions.

Twice this week I've saved files, closed them, and opened them later and my changes were not saved – illustrator opened way older versions of the files. What's weirder is one is a PDF, and the PDF shows the accurate file, but when I open it in illustrator it shows the old version.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Brush Pressure exceeds set size/variation

When drawing with the brush in CC 2018, the brush size of the stroke can exceed the set size and variation. For instance, If I have a brush size of 3 and variation 3, when drawing pressing very hard, the stroke size will go above 3 pts. in CC 2017 the brush stroke was limited to brush size.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Locked background objects unlocking/moving when using lasso selection tool

When I select using the LASSO tool, on screen shows the correct points have been selected, but when I then try to move just these selected points, Illustrator also moves the LOCKED background objects underneath. This error does not happen when I select using other tools. This is clearly a bug!

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

7. Dialog box text selection missing blinking cursor

When placing a cursor in a dialog box (ie font size, object transform) the blinking cursor disappears.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

8. Action using the transform panel will not keep settings after restart of Illustrator

I created action that use the TRANSFORM panel, when closing and restarting iIllustrator the action gives the error THE OBJECT "ALIGNEMENT" IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE. Action does work under Illy CC 2018 (version 22.1).

Currently using version 23.0.1
    OSX High Sierra.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2

Warm Regards,

9. Font drop down menu disappears

Whenever I select the font drop down menu, and I'm going through the fonts I have, it just randomly disappears as I'm looking through the fonts to find the one I want to use, although I can still use my arrow keys to go through the list even though the drop down menu isn't on my screen.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.

Warm Regards,

10. After updating Illustrator 2023 to v27.9.2, the name gets changed to Illustrator 2024

After updating, the name should remain the original, Illustrator 2023.

using: macOS 12.7.4
    language: Japanese

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Black Boxes appear and Unable to zoom past 1600% when GPU performance is turned off in Illustrator 25.3.1

Well, I updated illustrator today and have major viewing issues.

Black Boxes appear when selecting outlined text with the direct selection tool, when moving a shape, and in the upper left corner when viewing artboard. Everything disappears when zooming in more than 2400% in Preview mode and has a pixelated outline.

MacOS Catalina version 10.15.6

Adobe Illustrator v25.3.1

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.2.1 which is available worldwide now.

12. 31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

13. Gaussian Blur does not scale. Frustrating

Gaussian Blur does not scale when I scale an object with the effect applied.
    'Scale Strokes & Effects' is turned On.
    Really frustrated because it's such a simple thing to recalculate it. Fix asap!

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

14. Transform Again bug 変形の繰り返しバグ

変形の繰り返しで多数のオブジェクトをサイズ変更すると、サイズが狂う。
    速くすると特に症状がでます。

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.

15. Custom scripts added to the Scripts menu are not shown in alphabetical order

Custom scripts added to the Scripts menu are not shown in alphabetical order.

-Illustrator CC 2017.1.0 (21.1.0) version
    -See screen capture

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

16. Reverting Text to default State after Live Preview of character properties

I'm on an iMac running High Sierra 10.13.2 and Illustrator CC 22.0.1

Text will randomly hide bounding boxes, apply tracking to text not selected, and refuse to apply adjustment to selected text. Closing the document and re-opening normalize things temporarily, but above behaviors come back.

All CC apps seem laggy and unstable after 2018 updates.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

17. Illustrator is not exporting with the current file name

1. Create a document
    2. Draw a rectangle (just for it to have something inside)
    3. Save it anywhere as '1.ai'
    4. Export a, say, TIF, with default settings (these don't really matter) — Ai will offer '1.tif' name for the file exported
    5. Save this document as '2.ai'
    6. Export another TIF — Ail will use '1.tif' name, although the file is now '2.ai' This is wrong. Ai should adapt the name from the file actual name and not the original one.
    28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

18. Illustrator desktop version 27.8 Error message [UKCO] after update on 8-3-2023

I get the following error message upon starting up Illustrator desktop.
    "The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [UKCO]"
    The app opens and I can create a new doc but the message keeps popping up.
    For now I'm reverting back to a previous version.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Drag to select Text in fields broken with update

In the properties panel we are no longer able to drag to select the text in text fields. Very frustrating. This doesn't seem to be an issue in other text fields throughout the UI, mainly the properties panel.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

20. 27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.2.0 which is available worldwide now.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base