Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

74 results found

1. Pressure option for brush is greyed out in AI while using Wacom Tablet

Adobe Illustrator CC 22.0.0

Ever since the new update, every time I'm trying to change my paintbrush to pressure sensitive option from the drop down list box, the 'pressure ' option is greyed out and can't be selected. 'Fixed' and 'random' are the only ones that aren't greyed out.

How can I set the pressure senstivity option on?

Please help.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

76 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Illustrator Known Issue - Adobe Illustrator crash when run running around 30 minutes on multiple document.

Hello Adobe Team,
    There is known issue on Page 13 of the below link

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/illustrator/pdf/AI_ScriptGd_2017.pdf

In our process we work around 2000 to 2500 documents in one go. Could you guys address this issue as soon as possible.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Problem described in this thread arises due to using a single script for processing thousands of files without changing the context.

A single script is executed in a single context inside the Illustrator application and we don’t have any mechanism to pause the script for changing the context thus allowing the OS to recover the resources used in this context.

So instead of using a loop inside the script that is being executed inside the Illustrator application, we are suggesting to use CEP extensions and sending the script to Illustrator for execution in the loop. Now the user can create a string that may contain all the commands that need to be done for a single document and can have loops in the CEP extension to create these strings for each document and send a signal to Illustrator for the execution of these commands. In this fashion user can process…

3. Object Transform Reflect default bug

Small one, but the reflect tool doesn't seem to be saving last input, i.e. usually it will remember whether you last used reflect Horizontal, Vertical or Angle, but now it defaults seemingly at random. With perhaps a bit of a bias to Angle. Which I don't think I've actually ever used.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Error to open/import .DXF format archives in latest update version (error 2067)

I work in textile area, and we need to import .dxf archives from Audaces program. I've never had problems, until the latest update version. I can't import this extension, it appears the unknown error message number "2067".

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Illustrator uses Autocad library licensed from Autodesk for open/import DXF files. The DXF/DWG files that are showing error during open/import are mal-formed, they are not created adhering to file format specification. Autocad application also does not open these files.

Illustrator versions 24 and below use to open/import these files as the library used was a different one and it did not strictly check the dxf/dwg files for conformance. The same library did not had support for the some of the recent OS upgrades, resulting in Illustrator switching to Autocad library from Autodesk for open/import of dxf/dwg files.

Please report such files to the application that create these files, so that the same can be fixed by them in future release.

Any of the dxf/dwg file that could open in Autocad but not in Illustrator then those are bugs that will be fixed. If you have any such case, please report…

5. SNAP TO POINT

Illustrator 2020, Snap to point doesn't respond anymore.
    Even if it's clearly turned on in the "view" menu.
    It's getting pretty upsetting.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Snapping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Artboards renamed when saving to CS4 or below

When saving an Illustrator CC2020 file down to version CS4 (which we have to do for client reasons), when it's reopened it has renamed the Artboards. So, in my example, the file has two artboards called "Artboard 1" and "Artboard 2" (we need to keep them named that way too for html coding reasons). If the document is saved as CC2020 or down to CS5, the artboards retain those names and all is well. If, however, we save down to CS4 or lower, when the file is reopened (I'm using CC2020) the Artboards are called "Artboard 43" and "Artboard 44".…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The core issue is that CS4 file format does not have support to remember the artboard names, we introduced the artboard and naming functionality in CS5. So, nothing can be done to resolve this issue. 

7. Export for Screens: pre-export settings for PNG and JPG are same, but post-export JPG resolutions vary

This is odd. I'm in Illustrator 2020 (24.0.1).

I have a .ai doc open.

I go to File->Export->Export for Screens...

Under the Artboards tab, I set up PNGs and JPG 100s, at various scales using Width as the variable. (See Export for Screens Screenshot)

I hit the Export Artboard button, and am notified of success.

I go to Bridge to examine the results. (See Adobe Bridge Screenshot)

The exported PNGs all have resolutions of 72 ppi (expected, good result).

The exported JPGs have varying resolutions, from 12 to 72 ppi (unexpected, bad result).

Why would that happen? Why don't all…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "Command W" quits application.

"Command W" Keyboard short cut now quits the application rather than just closing the current window.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. No Properties panel available

I have the 22.0.1 version of Illustrator and I haven't been able to find the Properties panel anywhere. My OS is Win 7.
    I got Illustrator just last week and there are no updates available for my installed version.

I've looked for the panel in every workspace and checked the dropdown menu under "Window". There is no panel listed.
    I've reviewed all of the Preferences settings and cannot see anything connected to the workspace options.

Please help, I really would like this panel.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. AI 22.1 Open single page of multipage PDF now a 2-step process?

WHY, of WHY did you ***** this up? Formerly you could open a single page of a multipage PDF by simply clicking the arrows under the thumbnail. Once you found the page you want, you click open and there it is. Now, no matter what you do, the Pages Range is stuck on 1-1 (of xx). You now have to type in the number. PITA! Please fix this back to the old way.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Ashutosh Chaturvedi responded

With the introduction of multipage PDF open it is not possible for us to tie the range field to the thumbnail previews. It is not possible for us to predict the user intent just based on previews he/she has seen. Here is one example user preview pages 1 to 3 and then decided to open pages 1-2.

11. Cut master 3 not working after update

Illustrator just updated to CC2018 and now my cutmaster 3 plug-in is not working or in the file tab.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please contact plugin developer and get a plugin compatible with the CC 2018. You also have a choice to install previous release of Illustrator to ensure uninterrupted work till you procure CM plugin that is compatible with latest release.

12. "To preserve appearance some text has been outlined"

I recently sent a PDF file generated from InDesign (CC2018) to a book manufacturer from which they were to make a brass die to stamp a binding, just as I have done for about twenty years. A proof was sent back to me in which the 1/2pt rules had thickened to about 3pts and some of the type had thickened, too. I complained and they sent me another proof, in which the rules were ok, but most of the type had thickened.

I wondered how this could have happened, so I did some experiments. I opened the PDF in Illustrator…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Adobe Illustrator CC impossibly slow on iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

We are running Mac OSX 10.12.6 on new iMac.

Is it too much to ask for enhanced performance for a robust iMac retina with 40gb of ram? What with the $600+ annual subscription fee and all... c'mon... Adobe Illustrator CC is lethargic. Just don't get it... where are the updates to enhance performance and improve compatibility with newer macs. This is a vector-based program.

If anybody can offer assistance, thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Request you to please add specific bugs. We could not find anything actionable on the report hence closing it.
    You may also contact Adobe support with your problem so that we can track your issue better.

14. outline view does not work

I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING.

it doesn't work, even if i try to make only outlines , i can see the preview

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Jagged Edges on Vector objects

I've tried just about everything I can think of, but no matter what I do my vector objects are showing jagged edges, almost like I've used a brush preset, but I haven't. It's extremely distracting, please help!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Illustrator 25.3 breaks extensions

The Illustrator 25.3.0 and Illustrator 25.3.1 updates prevent several extensions to launch and to run properly, such as our extension Fontself Maker.

The CEP team suggested a workaround to bypass the initial blocker issue, but there are additional critical bugs that prevent users to run their tools as expected.

Here is the more detailed bug tracking: https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/CEP-Resources/issues/367

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The changes are intended as part of the new CEF update. These are not issues on the CEP side but more security restrictions that came with the new CEF update. The workarounds (https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/CEP-Resources/issues/367) should be good for the plugin developers in the short term, but for the long term, plugin developers should make changes to ensure that they are following the latest web standards for cross-site workflows.

20. Bring back progress bar for saving AI files

Can we please go back to having a progress bar when saving an AI file? The saving in the background is nice, but the saving percentage text just doesn't do it for me, plus, the pop-up dialog box that comes up while saving is very annoying.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base