When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • or

368 results found

1. invert blending mode

You have Normal, Multiply and Screen but there is no simple invert blending
    transparency mode for layers or objects
    I've seen it in other vector based programs and would love to see it in AI (and PSD)

eg
    When a black ring (set to INVERT) overlaped a solid black circle, the portion of the ring that overlaps would turn white.

eg
    When a Blue Circle overlapped a Yellow Circle the boolean area would turn green.

This was VERY popular years ago in design, both in the 1930s and again in the 1980s in early graphics software, but it seems to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Exclude single object or layer from moving with artboard

It would be great to exclude a layer or single object even with "move locked and hidden artwork with artboard" enabled. This allows for a more flexible approach when dragging artboards with and without artwork.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Contextual Pie-menus, like Radiant menus by Wacom

creating a contextual "shortcut" menu overlapping layer to access quickly Tools. This is a kind of Radiant Menu developed by Wacom on their tablet for example or Alias marking menu. This should really improve workflow ergonomics.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add First Object Above / Last Object Below commands in Select menu

Illustrator provides two ways to access Next Object commands:
    1. From Select menu
    2. From the context menu, Select submenu

And while the context menu provides four commands, the Select menu gives only two. First Object Above / Last Object Below — for no apparent reason — are missing, and we can’t assign hotkeys to these because of it.

Please add them there.

Also consider this request, to be able to select ALL objects above or below the current selection: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/34306246-select-objects-above-below-current-layer-objec

Note that this one is basically about 'select those who intersect', while we are also interested in 'select those…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. .obj asset file multiple group/layer hierarchy

It’s very cool that you can export 3d models as obj - when I try to import the obj file Into blender, the group objects become scattered and lose there positioning that I have created - please make it so that when I import the file all of the objects are together / grouped as I intended and not scattered - great job on the new update 👍🏻

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Option to replace RGB sliders with HSB everywhere - all swatches and all color pickers.

We need ability to universally use HSB instead of RBG. I want the ability to fully replace RGB input and sliders with HSB everywhere in AI. I never want to look at RGB sliders ever again.
    This request is all over the forum in different phrasings/forms but unfortunately that has divided the votes leading to lower ranking.

Here is the same request with 87 votes oddly worded as "Illustrator forgets which color mode is set in the Color palette (and Gradient)"
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests?filter=top&query=Option%20to%20replace%20RGB%20sliders%20with%20HSB%20everywhere%20-%20all%20swatches%20and%20all%20color%20pickers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The ability to save an appearance of a selected object.

The ability to save an appearance of a selected object to apply to other objects. Much like the copy and paste layer style in Photoshop.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Align to object on ANOTHER artboard! yeah yeah!

Aligning to an object on another arboard would be really great + needed, for AI users.

In addition to functions like, align to key object and select/edit similar shapes,
    It would be so so great to be abled to align an object, to another object, on another artboard!

In short:
    Aligning objects to the position of other objects on other artboards.
    Without having to move objects to the same artboard 1st, or copy their x/y values, just for alignment.

Some thoughts/notes:

Implementation,
    With artboard rules activated, of course. This seems to be a similar function to the ones that exist:…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automatic "Generate assets" option like in Photoshop

Photoshop's "Generate assets" workflow is a godsend, and it would be just as amazing to have something similar in Illustrator.

Adding an extension to the name of an artboard or layer (.png, .jpg, etc) and have it automatically export would be incredible, especially when working with a dozen artboards that need to be exported every time there's an amend (for icon libraries, banners, etc).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Illustrator is full of bugs, what is happening?

I've never experience such poor performance, it took me more than 3 days to complete a simple logo because Illustrator is extremely slow, full of bugs, pixelated vector, invisible layers wont go invisible, crashing without saving even when I have saved my preferences to save files when crash occur. Indesign has been giving some issues too but I didn't really had the time to deal with the app to figure it out more. I just wish Illustrator would work smoothly every time I work on it, is extremely painful to waste all that time trying to figure it out what…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Panels invading workspace

At present, by default, this is how small the Layer and Artboard panels' sizes can be minimized to. They take up a lot of valuable screen room on my Mac. I still want to see these but don't want to dock them into the side as that takes up a lot more room. Currently it's too invasive to my workspace, even so when I am using more layers and artboards.

I would suggest making it possible to make these panels even smaller so I can have extra space to be able to see more of my work and space that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Undo feature do not apply to selected objects

Basically what the title says,

An ability to isolate objects or lock certain layers where the undo feature will not apply to.
    There have been a number of times where I start to work on a complex graphic with separate parts to it where I later realize I made a mistake on a piece i did earlier, so instead of saving the project, undo everything, save again and re import the previous saved file or other copy paste methods, we can just select the objects where the undo feature will not apply to, to keep the progress of the work…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Isolation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. your default workspace is completely off point of the tools illustrators need close at hand

hey, folks, I've been using Illustrator continuously (and intensely) since 1987. Every time I make a transition to a new Mac and load a fresh copy of the Creative Suite, I'm frustrated by the task of rebuilding the essential palette of tools that need to be close at hand in Illy for max productivity — color, stroke, character, align + pathfinder, layers . . . your out-of-the-box defaults have it all wrong. Makes me wonder: do any of you people actually use this product for making stuff in the day to day? And good god, please stop with the scrubby…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Copy and Pase Layer with sorted and named sublayer looses all the structure after pasting.

Keep the layer structure that is copied and paste it in the same structure after pasting into new location.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change the opacity of a layer or directly in the tool

Hello, it would be nice if you could change the opacity of a layer without a mask. I like to draw the shadows with the Blob Tool and have to reduce the opacity of each path after each step. It would be easier if each path automatically had a previously set opacity. Alternatively, you could make this setting in the options of the tool itself. Thank you
    Gabi

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Linking dxf/dwg

This might be very wishfull thinking...

I am an architect, and use CAD to make plan drawings, and illustrator to make them look good (adjusting lineweight, stroke, color and so on). But if i make an updated drawing in CAD, i have to do everything all over again in Illustrator. It would be awsome if illustrator was able to give a specific layer a specific lineweight/stroke/color etc... and was able to update this on its own!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. voice activated commands

What if all your basic commands could be said aloud? For example:
    "File, save, export, save for web, jpg, 72 dpi, save, save to X folder..." or "select same fill color and stroke color, change to PMS246, object ungroup, select tool, select Layer 1, add 2 point white outline"

Why would this be cool?

I am the worst at remembering short keys or using short keys and I'm sure not the only one. When software gets updated, sometimes things get moved in menus and that can be frustrating. I can say the commands faster than I can point, click or…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Improve User-Friendliness

I would enjoy Illustrator a lot more if I had the option to make the UI that of Photoshop's. It allows me to easily and quickly manipulate the layers, unlike in Illustrator. In illustrator, if I wish to change the opacity of a layer and solely a layer, I've found it to be impossible, since the opacity slider changes the opacity of my brush tool for future use, even if I manipulate its opacity back to 100%. Why is the desktop version of Illustrator so much less user-friendly than the free iOS and Android application versions? The only reason…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Shape Distribution Tool

A tool you can use with selected objects, that would distribute those objects, in layer order, around the outline of the designated shape, most likely a circle/oval, square/rectangle, triangle, star, or custom shape.
    This would be a great layout assistant for placing, scaling, and rotating different kinds of objects at once. A time-saving and more accurate way to create many types of layouts.

With this tool, you could:
    - distribute different types of objects (shapes, text, symbols, etc) around a shape
    - scale the shape and objects independently
    - auto orient rotation to the center or the line segment in…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base