What can we fix in Illustrator? Vote for or report a bug.

Unable to export Artboards as SVG

The AI does export to SVG. I have used this constantly in the previous version, but the new version will not save the image in SVG format using the Export for Screens option.

83 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

WildWilly shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
Adobe. Make It an Experience.

107 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chadwick Price commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also experiencing this frustrating issue. No matter which way you try to export to svg it just won't do it. I don't even get any errors.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My issue was sorted with a system restart and resetting preferences. Also theres a new checkbox inside the export screen for creating an auto sub folder; its ticked by default. Uncheck that badboy and we're back to the good old days!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whether using file export, or export as or any other exporting technique, when you try to save as SVG it simply creates a folder in the selected location called 'SVG' but doesn't actually save the file there. Nightmare...

• liam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fixed this, apparently now I need to have the document saved before it will allow me to export as an svg? Not sure if this is still a bug or a new 'feature', or my computer just being weird.

• liam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has been working fine for the last 6 months, updated yesterday and today I have been unable to export any SVG. I am not getting any error message, just no files showing up in the path.

1 2 3 4 6 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base