Please fix export SVG, Adobe illustrator, AI ruins vector graphics
I used AI to create vector graphics for a game for around 3 months, until now, I moved to Affinity designer until AI fix their SVG export
In AI a problem was always present:
The SVG export.
Adobe Illustrator ruins SVG graphic files:
- Gaps between shapes
- Gradient color unwanted alterations
- Layers might overlay incorrectly
- Wrong transparency percentage
(All the above only after exporting in SVG format)
(I only work using vector graphics, so the issues are all for vector graphics)
Please, fix vector graphic exporting in SVG format
- Windows 10 home / Adobe Illustrator CC
- Exporting SVG vector files only
- I expected to keep the same appearance/quality than in the .AI format
- I got the issues posted above, meaning in a low quality and broken SVG graphic file
Dave Lawrence commented
I hate export.
One problem, we in font design call the problems "kinks". Handles from nodes are flying all over the place, pinching the outline sharply, where it should be smooth.
THE DECIMAL SETTINGS ARE BROKEN. CHECK IT OUT.
Save as works ok, with the same decimal settings.
I always have to do a "save a"s instead, but if you have multiple artboard, the svg is cluttered with all these empty layers.
How can this not be fixed by now?
MJL in Australia commented
I'd also like to find out why I cannot select above 5 for the 'Decimal' setting. Choosing 6 or 7 returns an error and the setting reverts to 5.
IT SO ******* PAINFUL!!!!
Here is other topic of the same issue, I previously made: