SAVE AS PDF NOT WORKING
Installed Adobe Illustrator 2020 recently and all was working OK for about a week. Now, suddenly, am no longer able to save files as pdfs. When I try, it gives me an error; the file shows no thumbnail and says it's "missing all pdf content".
This was sent to me by Adobe and it worked.
Here is the solution Adobe sent me:
• Close Illustrator.
• Click on the Finder icon on the dock, choose Go on the top> Go To Folder.
• In the Go To Folder dialog box, type "~/Library". Click Go.
• Open the Preferences Folder > rename the Illustrator 24 Settings folder to Illustrator 24 Settings folder.old
Under Preferences, Open Adobe folder and rename Adobe Illustrator folder to Adobe Illustrator.old
• Go back to library->open caches->rename com.adobe.illustrator to com.adobe.illustrator.old
• Go back to library->open application support-> open adobe->rename the Illustrator 24 folder to Illustrator 24 folder.old
It saves the PDF for me, but not the Illustrator file. After saving as a PDF (WITH the “Create PDF Compatible File” option turned on) I realized I no longer had my ai file. Instead I had a page full of this repeating error message:
This is an Adobe® Illustrator® File that was
saved without PDF Content.
To Place or open this le in other
applications, it should be re-saved from
Adobe Illustrator with the "Create PDF
Compatible File" option turned on. This
option is in the Illustrator Native Format
Options dialog box, which appears when
saving an Adobe Illustrator le using the
Save As command.
Diana Rich commented
Ugh...me too. Need to export a bunch of artboards to pdf for print and getting this message: "Unable to export the following files:"
Zoe Lomoro commented
I just had the same issue happen this morning... so frustrating