3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Spacebar not working as quick hand tool on MAC

Spacebar has stopped working as hand tool as of 2018 update.

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

231 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug in entering number values in transform panel

Version: CC 22 (and has happened in previous versions)

There is a small bug that happens often when using the transform panel. I use it a lot to move and size objects with precision. Many times, I will want to move an object with the X and Y values. I will type a number, press enter and a completely different number value will automatically appear in the box and move it to that value. For example, I want to move an object to 4.25" in the Y axis and after I press enter, a value of 36.0833"…

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  33 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Global Process Colors get added twice when added from a CC library, lose their name and become Spot colors.

Create a Global Process Color Swatch and add it to a CC library.
    In a new document, select this color in the library, right click and choose
    Add to Swatches.
    The color gets added 2 times, becomes a spot color and loses it’s name.
    Or, in a new document double click the color in the Library. It gets added only once, keeps it’s name but becomes a Spot color.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. FreeForm Gradient point should also move on transforming Freeform Art

Today I ran into a problem with Adobe Illustrator artwork featuring some freeform gradient fills. I had a to create flipped, mirrored version of it for printing purposes (graphics would be applied sub-surface to a sign face). The problem is the freeform gradient fills wouldn't flip with the rest of the artwork. I attached a visual example of it. Using the "expand appearance" command allowed for the artwork to be flipped 180° correctly. It would be nice if I could avoid that kind of a fix.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Illustrator 2019 won't quit (thinks a window is open) & all the menus are in disabled state.

Hello,

I updated to Illustrator 2019 today, and I have gone to close it down but the option is greyed out in the file menu.
    If I click anywhere it makes the error noise as if I have got an open window.
    This seems to be a glitch with the latest software release.

Thanks

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adjustment of a gradient in Live Painting Bucket (K)

In Illustrator CC2019 the Adjustment of a gradient in Live Painting Bucket (K) does not work.
    When in Live Painting Bucket (K) i apply the gradient, then i can not adjust it manually.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  10 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Select artboard behind

With the latest update if I draw an artboard over an existing one I can only select the larger board. It didn't use to be like this. We used to be able to click each artboard name to select it.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Neon glow

Every time I try to change the color of the Neon Glow filter, it always goes back to black. I've tried a lot of different things, but nothing works. I looked on the internet if there's a way to fix it, but seems that everyone has the same problem with Neon Glow.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Files not saving correctly, reopens to older versions.

Twice this week I've saved files, closed them, and opened them later and my changes were not saved – illustrator opened way older versions of the files. What's weirder is one is a PDF, and the PDF shows the accurate file, but when I open it in illustrator it shows the old version.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Pasted artwork does not remember sublayers

When pasting artwork from one file to another with matching layer and sub-layer names, Illustrator will not remember sub layers and pasted artwork has to be re-sorted in to sub layers.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can't move paragraph indent markers back to 0 in tab panel

Illustrator CC 2018
    Windows 10

When I try to move the top or bottom indent markers back to zero, it snaps back to its original place.
    If I type 0 in the X: box, it doesn't work.
    If I set it to 1, cliclk in the X: box and press the down arrow on my keyboard, it doens't work.

The only way to set it back is via the Paragraph panel.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Cursor jumps while editing Font Family name

When I try to change font name from HeliosCondBlackC to HeliosBlackC (both are installed), erasing part of the name, CC2018 moves cursor to the end (while CC2017 does not)
    I also have 'Entire Font name' option chosen (and never change it), but cursor still jumps to the end.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Large Amounts of Text overrun text area, disregard justification

I'm using Illustrator CC (2017).
    I am creating a 6'x4' poster, where a single text box holds the entire text of the Bible (~730,000 words) as a single string of text (regular spaces between words, but no paragraph returns) in Helvetica Neue Lt Std, 107 Extra Bold Condensed, 3 pt size with 2.7 pt leading, all caps, full justification, default hyphenation. I am using a text wrap around a compound object with a transparent fill to create a negative space in the midst of this text block (in my case, that compound object is text converted to a shape, so…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Gradient Annotator tool bug

Gradient Annotator tool is not visible for some objects but it is for others. See screen shot: visible on the rectangle, but when I edit the gradient of the compound shape, the annotator is not visible.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Color palette overrides fill colors and color modes in Illustrator 2018

Hi, I am a design professor and most students in my class experienced a specific problem when we were doing an exercise to learn how to apply the correct color palettes to different logo files. Specifically, we created fictional identity designs as a means to learn how to create a production-ready bundle of files (a logo with versions in b&w, spot color (Pantone), 4-color process, and RGB). Almost 100% of my 18 students had their 4-color process file -- which was filled with CMYK colors upon designing, and should have stayed CMYK -- show up as being filled with RGB…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. ブラックの色をドラッグ&ドロップで選ぶとBK100の色がリッチブラックになる

塗り(または線)を画像のように下のブラックを選択するところからドラッグ&ドロップで選ぶとBK100がリッチブラックになってしまった。 
ドラッグ&ドロップではなく、クリックで色を選ぶとBK100になる。スウォッチの中に入っているブラックからドラッグ&ドロップで選ぶとBK100になる。これはCS6の時からある
バグです。 

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Smart Guides no longer work.

Smart Guides no longer work in Illustrator

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Smart guides not working on Text Area boxes

Mac OS 10.11.6 El Capitan (and also Windows 10)
    Illustrator CC 2018

Hi!
    I have a problem with the latest version of Illustrator (I just upgraded from CS6):
    Smart Guides do not appear on Text Area boxes (corners or sides), for example when I want to draw a line with the pen from one corner of a box to a corner of another box).
    They do appear normally on other objects.

Snap to Grid and Snap to Pixel are off. Snap to Point is on, but the problem is the same when off.

Is anyone experiencing the same? Is there…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Performance issues in pixel preview on 5K retina screen

When working in pixel preview mode on the retina screen of my iMac, the scrolling and zooming in Illustrator are very laggy. Please do the needful ASAP or we plan to move to "Affinity" because illustrator is unusable for me and its impact our workflow.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. grid snapping don't works on internal point

it's not really Smart Guides, take a path drawn freely. after activating the grid, if you want to align an internal point of the path to a point grid you can't. the magnetisme apply only on the bounding box of the path not on the point you show.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base