What can we fix in Illustrator? Vote for or report a bug.

69 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kris Janssen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are aware of GPU issues on few Intel graphics card. We are working with Apple and trying to get this resolved. The fix will be in graphics driver that macOS bundles.
    Few users emailed us that they see this issue on their MacBooks that does not have Intel cards. The MacBooks that you are referring to actually do have an Intel card. These have dual graphics card and the bug surfaces when it switches to the low powered card. Disabling “Automatic graphics switching” in “Energy Saver” in System Preferences is a workaround on those machines.
    If you have any other observations please drop in a comment or please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html .

48 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joseph Bayfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have found that using CMYK colours pretty much clears up the issue for the time being. Of course this is only a temporary solution

• Joseph Bayfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very new to Illustrator, and trying to learn the ins and outs of it. It does'nt help when a bug like this seriously hinders my learning. Have GPU on, jagged lines appear across paths which change depending on zooming in and out. Turn GPU off, jagged lines are gone, but performance is painfully slow. I spent a lot of money on a new mac and an illustrator subscription, and it's annoying to use products that don’t work as they should. It looks like there are a few of us having this problem. Mine is with the Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

• Gio Skar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On my mb pro 2017 touch bar, i7, 16gb
        For the time being, on illustrator, switch the preview mode (View > ..) from GPU Preview to either CPU Preview or Overprint Preview. It does the job for now..the performance is a bit low though but it's workable till the next update (hope it comes ASAP)..

• Ray Richards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exact same issue for me:
        MacBook Pro 13 inch 2016 with Touch Bar
        3.3 GHz i7
        16GB
        Intel Iris 550 1536MB

• Vitor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very, very frustrating. I noticed that when the document color mode is set on CMYK, the bug disappears. But then we have less colors to work with.

MacBook Pro 13 2017 w/o touch bar
        i5, 8Gb RAM

• Noodles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It'd be great if the Adobe Engineers working with Apple could also address the issue in High Sierra affecting all GPU accelerated graphics/tasks in Adobe apps running on 2016/2017 MacBook Pros with Radeon Pro GPUs, where after the MBP has been asleep long enough to enter standby mode (about 30 minutes usually), GPU performance is severely impacted (more than a 60% drop in performance in my testing) until the next restart.

This performance impact affects all GPU accelerated tasks in Photoshop, Illustrator, etc - anything that uses Metal, OpenGL, OpenCL - and started in High Sierra. It affects all models of the Radeon Pro GPUs in 2016/2017 MacBook Pros, and is still present in the latest beta (macOS 10.13.2 beta 2).

While I've submitted this to Apple as radar 34677832, it would be helpful if the Adobe team could investigate this issue with Apple as it's making all Adobe apps perform incredibly badly after sleep, requiring regular restarts just to get back to normal performance.

• sara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

on the other hand I can't turn off GPU ( as solution for this problem )on my Mac
        because it has just one graphic card ! (Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB)
        so this solution for the new mac don't work.
        perfect !

• sara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought my mac pro 2 weeks ago :

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
        3,3 GHz Intel Core i5
        16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
        Macintosh HD
        Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

and I have the same problem with illustrator , in fact I can't use it because I don't see the color and the path correctly !!! every time i should zoom in - out for understanding better the shape and situation of objects!

i'm so disappointed for this issue , I paid more to have a mac with the best. but for doing the simple work in illustrator I should use another PC ! how it can possible!!!!!! , paying 2500 euro useless.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue. So annoying. Started happening bigtime after the High Sierra update!

Since the first update after the big 2018 update of illustrator. Lots of GPU artifacts appear when resizing documents. When switching back to CPU rendering everything works as expected.

Hardware:
        Macbook Pro 13' 2017 /w Touch Bar

• Jamie P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Apple released an update this week but the fix was not included.

Brutal.

• Moncef commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey! well I have a MacBook 2016 core m3, I installed illustrator cc 2017 it works well, smooth, fast, but I had one bug and it's in text whenever I want to create a text, it doesn't show as it should (by changing zoom sometimes I got the right text), the same problem in illustrator cc 2018, unfortunately..
        gpu preview
        macos high sierra 10.13 (17A405)
        1.1 GHz Intel Core m3
        8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3
        Intel HD Graphics 515 1536 MB

Hi,
        Thanks for information. But could you have this issue fix ASAP? It affects my working now. I cannot do a proper illustration. It's really annoying to see these broken-into-pieces illustrations. Thanks!!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base