What can we fix in Illustrator? Vote for or report a bug.

Align to Artboard

All version of Illustrator before CC 2018 the Align to.. command would stick to Align to Artboard unless you clicked on another object to define a Key Object.

This upgrade keeps jumping back to align selections.

132 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mark Barron shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
Adobe. Make It an Experience.

87 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've also noticed that when I "CMD+~" through my tabs and i'm checking the size of the artboards with the artboard tool in numerous documents I have to click to another tool and then back to the artboard tool in order to see the size of the artboard. You used to be able to cycle through all of your tabs and immediately see the dimensions of the artboards. It seems like the new features you guys added for the artboard tool, have messed up other smaller features that were handy to many users- like the "Align to Artboard" being the default but now changing to "Align to Selection" once you use the Artboard Tool. Please fix these Artboard Tool-caused issues Adobe, it's hurting many of your customer's workflow.

• Mark Barron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does anyone know a better way to SHAME Adobe into getting this fixed?
    Clearly this forum does not get read by anyone at Adobe who can do anything.

A bug that has been know for OVER a month.
    A graphic art program who would like to promote themselves as the PREMIER program for drawing.
    And a basic function as Align Objects is FLAWED.

Shame on Adobe!

I look for updates a couple times a day hoping that a month has been long enough for a Quality minded responsible company would resolve such a basic FLAW in a MAJOR update.

• Jeremiah Shalo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously Adobe! Get your **** together. I Googled this issue thinking I was the only one. Lone behold, there's a plethora of us complaining about this inconvenient workflow change.

Please make the default alignment Align to Artboard.

Dear God.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a fix asap - plese set the default to align to artboard as in previous versions.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make the Align to Artboard the default setting. This is a significant oversight and is creating a lot more work for me.

• Chen Hayek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Adobe set the default to align to artboard. It is really annoying now.

Is there any way to make a shortcut key for "Align to artboard"? This would be fantastic

• Kaspars commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Figured out when exactly it switches back to "Align to Selection". It's when I enter "Edit Artboards" in "Document Setup" menu or directly by pressing Shift+O.

• James Allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My graphic design team has reverted to a previous version as a result of this bug. Any news on a fix?

• Kaspars commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is quite an annoyance for me. I use the "Align" tool in my everyday work and it can lead to mistakes when I don't notice that "Align to" has been reset to "selection". How hard could it be to fix this bug?

• nozzle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Align to point. NOT WORKING.

Snap to Grid. NOT WORKING.

Adobe. NOT WORKING.

• Daniel Falquez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a step back from previous versions. Also, Align should appear at all times when selecting an object.

• Andra Speer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2017 version is set to Align to Artboard. 2018 version is default on Align to Selection. Very annoying to have to change it back to Align to Artboard. Rolled back to 2017 version until it's fixed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base