3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Files preview sticks after opening multiple documents

After having a couple of documents open for roughly an hour, I go to open a new document as well. However, after clicking to open this document I am presented with the preview of the document that was already open in the background.

Now when I click on any one of the three documents in illustrator they all show the same preview. You can see in the screen shots, three different documents showing the same preview.

I have to close Illustrator down and reopen it. This happens Multiple times a day and is disrupting my workflow immensely.

I am running…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mutiple profiles & Artboards

Illustrator Version: CC 2019 (23.0.3)
    Mac: Mojave (10.14.2) 5k 27" 32gb Ram

Firstly there are 3 Film & Video profile dropdowns (1. Film & Video, 2. Film and Video, 3. Video and Film). Not sure why.

No matter what general preset I use or artboard size preset I choose I get 2 artboards.

1 artboard is the correct size and the other is basically the complete canvas area.

I am constantly having to delete the 2nd artboard.

Can I stop this from happening?

Thanks in advance.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Art Board Issue - 21 ,23(should be 22) , 23

Aim working on macOS Mojave

while creating artboards the number 22 is incorrect and shows as 23

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cannot open previous files or create new files in Illustrator V.23.0.1

The issue:

Adobe Illustrator won't open or create new files in version 23.0.1

System information:
    Software:
    System Software Overview:
    System Version: macOS 10.14.2 (18C54)
    Kernel Version: Darwin 18.2.0
    Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
    Boot Mode: Normal
    Computer Name: DUBM60286516A
    Username: Julian, John (i313124)
    Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
    System Integrity Protection: Enabled
    Time since boot: 1S40
    Hardware:
    Hardware Overview:
    Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,3
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 16 GB
    Boot ROM Version: 149.0.0.0.0
    SMC…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "Move Locked and Hidden Artwork with Artboard" not working

Despite the correct option being selected in Preferences > Selection & Anchor Display.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Choose where to place new artboard

Choose where to place new artboard, like how Illustrator used to act:

Please bring back the ability of a user to control where new artboards appear, rather than Illustrator always putting it next to whatever artboard might be selected or last one made. In earlier versions of Illustrator, users could make a new artboard in any particular location by simply clicking the artboard tool in the paste board.

It is SO frustrating to make a new artboard in some odd location and then have to move it to where you wanted it to be in the first place.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Text missing in SVG files

This is the first time trying to use Illustrator since it updated to the newest version (23.0.1) and updating my Mac to High Sierra (10.14). I have previously used Illustrator to edit SVG files, specifically the text in those files. When I open similar SVG files in the new Illustrator, all of my text is missing. My computer is due for a small update which will go through later tonight but this seems like a bug within Illustrator. When I open the SVG in Photoshop 2019 and re-export it as a SVG, I am able to see the text in…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. artboard re-naming glitch

The newest version of Illustrator (and previous version) both have a glitch that occurs when trying to re-name artboards in a previously saved document that has multiple artboards. After changing the names of each artboard and then going to "export for screens", the name of the first artboard will revert to it's previous name before exporting. All other artboards will retain their new name. In order to correct this, I must save the file, and then re-name the first artboard a second time and save again. After doing this, all artboards will export correctly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Artboard 2 unnecessary

Every new document created has 2 artboards (At least when creating from the 1920x1080 HD video template) Every time I go to export a jpg or png via save for web, it slows to a crawl because of a huge unnecessary artboard. I only want to export the size artboard I created, the HD size. But I have to wait for it to catch up and then cancel, delete the useless artboard, then go back to exporting. The whole process takes several minutes and is infuriating.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Paste on All Artboards Not Working

I have a design on a single artboard. I want to paste it to other artboards to prepare my color separations for screen printing. When I cut the design and select Paste on All Artboards, it pastes the design the correct amount of times...but NOT on the artboards. It pastes them out in the gray area. I have tried different artboard arrangements, and having different artboards active at the time of paste, but the designs still end up not on the artboards.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It is not clear to me if artboards are of same size or different sizes. When we paste an art we take into account artwork’s relative position from the artwork where it was coped from. I have attached a gif to demonstrate my point. if you look at the second circle it is placed outside of other artboards due to relative position in its original artboard.
    Please contact support if it is not the case – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

12. Units revert back to inches.

When changing units from INCHES to i.e. PICAS, units are reverted back to INCHES at next startup - guys... work on this please!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The Operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [x!fd]

This issue happens with older templates. When I open older files, it gives this message: The Operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [x!fd]. I have a gotten this message in 2017 and Adobe step up to fix the issue, but the previous update and this one still has the issue. I can open these in previous versions of Illustrator. It's really a pain to fix the file as I have to save in Illustrator 8 and then reimport the text as this conversion converts the type to curves. Now to make matters worse if I save the file…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Shortcut for 'New File From Template' does not work

1. Illustrator 22.1

2. shift-command-N is the shortcut to open a new file from template

3. Instead of the template folder appearing, to let me pick one of the dozens of templates we use…

4. nothing happen, most of the time. But the "Type" category in the top of screen UI bar gets a highlight, indicating that this template shortcut is calling to some level in the "Type" category instead of the "File" category.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Artwork moves with Artboard even with layers locked.

Not sure if this has already been addressed. I just became aware of this site. I am using CC 2018, on my Mac running 10.13.3. Usually if I lock the layers I can move the artboard independently, not anymore.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Illustrator crashes when adding an art board

Illustrator crashes when adding an art board

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 15

Artboard 15 had been named 16 for quite sometime now, hadn't had a problem much except if you export 15 and 16 at the same time it would override "15" because it is 16

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Scaling an illustration with grouped guides, the guides do not scale

Scaling an illustration with grouped guides, the guides do not scale, even when guides are unlocked. This feature used to work as recently as earlier versions of Illustrator CC 2017. This is a feature that my team and I relied upon to ensure that the correct white space was honored when releasing artwork to other agencies. I agree that locked guides in general should not scale. But if I create a box, convert it to a guide while unlocked, and group it to a logo or illustration, it should scale with the logo even if guides are locked. Illustrator used…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. No align on Artboart option for Forms

No align on Artboart option for Forms.
    In the new properties Panel if you select some custom form you get the alignment stuff, including the option to switch between "align on artboard and align on selection".
    If you select an Standard Form e.g. a circle you get no option alignment tools in the properties panel and you also have no option in the alignment window to select if you want to align on artboard or selection.

The properties Panel should have the possibility to align all elements, forms and so on.
    Also as a backup you should include the possibility…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base