Hidden layers are visible when exporting as png
windows 10 pro ver 1909
Adobe Illustrator 2020 24.1.2
If you hide a layer that overlaps the following conditions and export it as png, the layer will be displayed in the output png file even though it is hidden on the screen.
・Appearance is set on the layer itself.
・The layer is inside another layer. (It is a sublayer.)
There are the following workarounds.
• Appearance on a group of paths rather than on layers.
・Take from another layer and change from sublayer to top layer.
・Export as jpg.
There is a workaround for the time being, but the work efficiency is very low, so please fix the bug.
Also, if you use a Wacom tablet, please fix the bug that you can not set the base point of scaling and rotation with alt+click unless it is a CPU preview.
Could not reproduce this issue. Please reach out with below info. if this issue is still happening for you.
1. Are you still facing this issue on latest version 25.2? If yes, please provide below details-
2. Machine details which can be found by :
MAC : Choose Apple menu > About This Mac.
WIN : Go to settings and Click on System and Click on About . In Windows Specifications , machine details can be found .
3. Kindly provide a short recording and Test file(Via File→Package) with some steps with which you are facing the issue and share with us in a zip file on ShareWithAI@adobe.com .
4. Kindly let us know with which previous version of illustrator it is running fine on your system.
So far I can’t reproduce it.
What I try to do:
1. Create several layers with some art in them
2. Create a sub-layer in one of these layers and also put some art in it
3. Target the sublayer in Layers panel and change its opacity to something like 50% in Transparency panel
4. Then — and this is where I hesitate if I get this right — I hide the parent layer that has that now semi-transparent sublayer within, with an eye icon in Layers
5. I try Export As and Export for Screens then... and no, the parent layer is invisible in both cases, including the sublayer with the partial transparency.
Does it behave differently for you? Or is it me who got it wrong?
Can you record a video? Maybe share the file via email@example.com (provide this report’s address in the email, https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447/suggestions/40584535)
It can be machine or file-specific.
Thanks for keeping pushing it.(Edited by admin)
Hi, I have run into this issue a number of times now, even on the most recent version of Illustrator. I want to expand on the message posted below - when you apply an opacity to the layer itself (rather than the objects within the layer), and that layer with opacity is a sublayer, then during PNG export the layer with opacity will be visible REGARDLESS of the visibility settings of the parent layer. Removing the opacity on the layer immediately solves the problem.
I am running version 26.0.2. This is a Windows 10 Pro machine, version 21H1, on a Dell Precision 5560 laptop.
Attached are two files showing this condition. The green arrow/line should not be visible - however when its grouped layer has opacity applied to it, it is visible upon PNG export.
Please let me know if there's anything else I can provide to help solve this issue. This is by far not the first time I have encountered it, and it seems to persist amongst subsequent versions/updates. It is a pain to work around. Thanks.
(Note in the attached images, the layer is shown as visible in the snipped bit of the UI I included - however this is only because the only way to show the opacity properties is to select the layer, which can only be done if it is visible. The parent layer "Diagrams" was hidden before each export.)
I have just run into this issue. Windows 10, Illustrator version 25.4.1. It appears after applying opacity to the layer, the layer now turns on with the PNG export.
I believe this was resolved with one of the 2021 updates.
いいえ。しかし、25.2は「フリーズして保存できなくなる」「Wacomタブレットを使用している場合は、CPUプレビュー"でも"、Alt + Clickでスケーリングと回転の基点を設定できない」「一度終了したあと起動しようとすると、バックグラウンドに前回のプロセスが残っており起動できない」というエラーが起きており、使用が難しい状態です。
Here are some more threads about this same issue for you to vote for!