When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Links 'Reveal in Finder' function as InDesign

Add an extra Links panel function under or above 'Reveal in Bridge' called maybe 'Reveal in Finder', as already exists in InDesign.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  13 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Wrong png size if artboard coordinates in float

AI 21.1.0 macOS.

In attached AI file there are 1 artboard if you just export it for Screens you will get an image size 105px × 104px, however in AI it's sized as 104x104px.
    Check that X coordinate of artboard is 172.34 px, so it's float. Just change it to 172px and re-publish and image will be 104x104.

So, coordinates of artboard should affect into output png image.

ALso, should be related too:
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/20530969-export-for-screens-adds-extra-pixels-at-to-exports

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

If you will export artboards in any fractional scale or by specifying height and width you will get correct output.

The best way to not get an extra pixel is keep your artboard coordinates in integers. You can achieve that by changing the reference point of artboard to top left and typing in the nearest integer or do Make Pixel Perfect(Object > Make Pixel Perfect). If size of your artboard is increased please manage that accordingly and export.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitish Agarwal
    Illustrator Team

3. Illustrator forgets which color mode is set in the Color palette (and Gradient)

Color panel always starts with RGB values. That's useless or very hard to use 99% of the time. So first thing for me is to set my Color panel to HSB and it stays like that for that session, but after a restart it's RGB again. Always!
    Gradient panel is even worse because it forgets instantly.
    Standard gradient's pop up color select is a Grayscale slider. I've never in my life needed that - not to mention HSB has the same with the value slider. But this bothers me less than what follows:
    If I change Grayscale to HSB and…

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Prevent "Align paragraph" from moving the text from its position

It's by far the thing that annoys me the most about Illustrator;
    when you have your point text already positioned you need it to be aligned to a side and when you press the "align" button in the paragraph options the text moves and aligns to its previous center.
    It's a complete time-waster!

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. To add a new document preset size in A5

I regularly design flyers in A5 size and it would be great to have that as a new document preset in addition to A4 and A3

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add ability to hyperlink text

Make text linkable to a url or email when exported to a PDF, like you can already do in InDesign.

Only being able to do this in a PDF means that if you make an update in Illustrator and export as a PDF again, you have to re-do all your hyperlinks.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Flow chart connectors

Basic flow chart connectors- making either end of a path object stick to the edge, middle or corner of another object surely isn't that hard programmatically for your coders? Leave it to us to sort out where the paths go if you like but this functionality seems pretty basic (and universally demanded) for the Illustrator user.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Export for Screens" Control Dimensions and Resolution with Additional Profiles

Have presets for other files just like "Adobe PDF Presets" so you can make definitions for a variety of file types.

Alternatively build out the "File > Export > Export for Screens > Format Settings" to include things like resolution, image quality, etc. JPG 100 to JPG 20 should be in these settings and not in the "Export for Screens" dialog.

This would address some of the issues with "Export for Screens" defined in the following thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2383113

P.S.
    The IOS and Android presets are a good idea, but I would expand this so people can set up their own…

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Page numbers

Please implement the ability to convert characters into current page numbers, identical to the InDesign feature. This would save extensive time and effort when creating documents in Illustrator, instead of manually doing this.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Increment/Decrement Stroke Weight key commands

My kingdom for Increment/Decrement Stroke Weight key commands! These commands could be bound to the [ and ] keys by default since this is how you control brush weight. It would be wonderful if you could set the increment/decrement amounts in Preferences as well!

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Save Illustrator pattern swatches to palettes in Creative Cloud libraries

It would be great to be able to save pattern fill swatches and pattern brushes, as patterns and brushes. Currently it works fine if you save a graphic that uses pattern fills and brushes. But for me it would be useful to save and organize them in their native Illustrator format.

Thanks!

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make Knife tool work with smart guides

Knife is a very freehand tool, but you can make straight cuts, if you hold Alt. Cool. But you can't position these cuts precisely! Nor with a smart guides (at least!) or Snap to grid.
    Please improve it!

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. MacOS Full Screen Mode

Utilization of the OS level window management to perform and launch full screen mode like the vast majority of all other apps.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 100% size is actually actual size

Allow Illustrator to be monitor-aware. Have a feature where there is an onscreen ruler, and ask the user to hold up a real ruler to the screen. Let them drag a slider until the onscreen ruler perfectly matches the physical ruler. Then let this % value become the new "100% size" for that machine. Currently to see my artwork at 100% size, I need to set my view to 192%. I wish there was a setting to set my "100%" to default to 192%.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In CC 2019 (latest update 23.0.1), at 100% Zoom 1inch artwork would display at 1inch in physical (Print) size, on any display. If this doesn’t work right for screen design workflows, please use the checkbox Preferences > General > Display Print Size at 100% Zoom, to turn off the feature. Currently this feature works only on primary display, and there are plans of extending this to other attached displays.

15. Add isometric drawing tools

Von Glitchka has an isometric drawing tools course on Lynda.com. I love producing drawings, but by adding one or two tools illustrator you could save alot of time and effort.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Assignable keyboard shortcuts for EVERYTHING.

In the 'keyboard shortcuts' dialogue, I would like to have a section that contains the flyout menu items and buttons of every palette.

Ideally this would be automatically populated when a palette is created, so that palettes created by 3rd-party plugins would be able to take advantage of this without a new version.

Currently there is an 'other panels' section in the assignable menu commands that lets you assign keystrokes to ten seemingly-arbitrary palette menu items. I'd love to see a ton more choices there. No need for default shortcuts; this is a way for power users to pick exactly…

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Artboard background color needs to be user-assignable

We need to be able to change artboard background color.

Working on pure white is straining on the eyes and it's rarely appropriate for non-print projects (99% of my work). Having to draw colored rectangles, lock them or put them on separate layers, and then manage them when we resize or duplicate artboards is painful and tedious.

Let's have an icon for it next to the artboard name (in the Artboard palette) where we can choose a swatch (including transparent).

Let's support changing multiple artboard colors at once with multi-selection.

Thank you!

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Rotate in Portrait Mode on Surface Pro

When rotating the Surface Pro from landscape to portrait, Illustrator will not stay in portrait mode. It reverts back to landscape.
    Adobe Photoshop works in portrait mode.
    Illustrator used to work in portrait mode, but no longer does in CC 2017 and CC 2018.

Example of issue here:
    https://youtu.be/fVQQJR9SMzg

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Typesetting formulas, mathematical equations and symbols in LaTeX-style

When typesetting mathematical formulas, LaTeX is the way to go and is the standard in many scientific areas. But a problem arises when mathematical symbols should be used in figures. If these figures are e.g. created in Illustrator, it is always a bit inconvenient to include the symbols in the figure. It is e.g. necessary to render the symbols separately and include them as EPS files in Illustrator or the symbols are added later to the figure by another program.

It would be really cool to have a build-in feature in Illustrator which would allow direct typesetting in the common…

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Offset path

Would like to see option to always have preview on. Also arrow controls for incremental measurement changes (as in transform) . These are available in many other parts of the interface.

This would speed up the process of creating an offset path.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base