Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests
When entering a new feature request, please provide:
- Description
- Why is this valuable to you?
- or
950 results found
-
Image Crop Feature
This is a bug with regards to Image crop feature in Illustrator.
While I try to unembed a cropped image (in Illustrator) and link to a PSD source file, the source PSD file gets flattened or layers get merged to a single layer. The source PSD file gets altered and damaging it.
3 votes -
(Prepress Features 2) Channel mixer
I use a lot the Channel mixer option in photoshop, cause i need to convert CMYK photos into lets say CM plus 2 or 3 spot colors, then I need to do the same in illustrator for vector illustrations and I dont want to convert this vector into pixels, I wana keep it vector to mantain the quality.
I know I can import the file as a smart object into photoshop but better if I can do it directly in Illustrator.
5 votes -
Allow importing of PDF's not from Adobe Acrobat and preserve text
I import PDF files into Illustrator every day from programs like AutoCAD & Revit, and every single time, it tells me that Illustrator can't read the text in the font Arial, and that it must substitute it. This turns it into squares that are all giberish. The only workaround is to outline text in Acrobat before importing. Please learn that people are using programs outside the Adobe environment (for which there is no substitute by Adobe) and we need these BASIC capabilities.
1 vote -
How can ilustrator 2019 not automatically save data?
Illustrator shutting down
as you can see
I came across the inscription in the photo
show but when I try to correct the preferences
I saw there was no autosave location
Although I have chosen how to recover my file
I'd appreciate it if you'd help me.
Save to it Every 1 Minute Option
did not save my application assignment ..
then if this feature is not working even though it is selected soo
what did it do!!!!
I'm so angry4 votes -
Please enable the same live workflow that exists between Character Editor and Photoshop to Illustrator.
The live workflow between Character Editor and Photoshop is magical. I can make a small tweak without having to relaunch each program. However, if the original drawing originated in Illustrator, you have to manually convert it to a Photoshop file, then replace the file anytime you make a revision, and close and re-open the Photoshop file, and be very careful to say "Don't Save". While it's nice that I don't have to do those steps in Character Editor, I would much prefer to have all three work together. Especially because Photoshop isn't doing anything in this workflow. I am editing…
1 vote -
Save and export
File > Save and Export
So many times the last time I saved a file was to export and then I had to reboot. This is an option that would save the headache of rebuilding just because someone asked you for a proof and your brain closed a file that was "saved".3 votes -
Save Color Profiles by Default
By default, the color profiles I assign to the file should be saved.
There have been several times I have assigned a color profile to my Illustrator file, saved it as a PDF, and the printed PDF were the wrong colors because Illustrator didn't include the assigned profile. I then had to reopen my file, manually tell Illustrator to include all color profiles when saving, and then reprint.
It is ridiculous that the file doesn't save assigned profiles by default.
4 votes -
Keep guides and elements in new document profile
I know we can create new document profiles with custom size and custom swatches and use the profiles to quickly create new new custom documents with repeating specs.
However either I am doing something wrong or I've missed something, but the guides don't get saved along the artboard size and swatches. Surely keeping the guides should be possible within the same technology? Would love to see this improvement.
I have searched everywhere for a solution to always having to open an illustrator template file as a workaround.
Thanks :)
4 votes -
Allow Users to Change the Default Save Location Behavior
In other production software, there is a preferences setting that allows users to change whether the program will open the file explorer relative to the current file's save location or to remember where it was last opened to.
This feature is sorely missing from Illustrator and causes me loads of headaches when exporting assets for multiple clients in rapid succession.
To make things worse, if you use the Asset Export window (Export for Screens), the "Export to:" filepath will prepopulate to the last location that that particular file saved to. If you click the folder icon to the right of…3 votes -
Optimization of Vector Assets in CC Libraries
When you're dragging an Illustrator asset in a CC Library, the asset is placed in a default New Document Profile which come with Default document Libraries such as Swatches, Symbols, Graphic Styles and Brushes.
In my screenshot example the file size of simple shapes is 355 ko in place of 74 ko without these unused assets.
It will be great to base the CC Libraries Vector Assets creation on an "empty of default assets" Document Profiles (RVG, CMYK…).
Thanks for the great work the Team is doing!
4 votes -
SVG exporting of path points
Illustrator SVG asset exporter doesn't export single-point paths.
My work system reads SVG files' layer and object names as IDs. In these files, I create a single point with the pen tool to use the x,y values as coordinate data. (This object is graphically a Path with a single anchor point.) I'll also create paths with 2 or more points in these files. When I export these objects using the asset exporter, the paths with a single point doesn't get exported, while paths with 2 or more points export successfully. When using SaveAs>SVG it does export the…1 vote -
Convert Psd to Illustrator Layer Fix
The issue. Photoshop not converting files for illustrator correctly.
excuses from locals: It works on in vectors... the arguing point to this... its art... and photoshop is being called a basic thing
If subject A is photoshop and Subject B is our layers. We have effects and other such various components such as shadows and shading. We are trying to bridge this over to Illustrator.
The way to accomplish this is each layer to be converted to png in a stack order atleast for a quick fix. So that way no programing and changes. The format would then work as…1 vote -
100 cpu usage
Adobe Illustrator 2021 uses 100 percent of CPU even without opening any file!
3 votes -
Document unit preferences saved within AI file (type, dimensions, outline).
When working simulteaneously on artworks for web & print - you have to switch now units each time switching documents.
Often when preparing artwork for different outputs/purposes.
Usually/often (always?) unit preferences are DOCUMENT SPECIFIC.2 votes -
Menu bar item “Duplicate with New Document”
The History panel menu has a highly useful feature called “New Document.” As it is versatile, it should be added as a menu item on the menu bar.
Example:
Menu bar “File > Duplicate with New Document”
Japanese
メニューバー項目「新規ドキュメントで複製」
ヒストリーパネルのメニューには、「新規ドキュメント」という非常に便利な機能があります。この機能は汎用性が高いため、メニューバーのメニュー項目として追加するべきです。
例
メニューバー「ファイル > 新規ドキュメントで複製」4 votes -
Placing "Show Import Options" - Import Photoshop Artboards Individually into Illustrator
Give placing options (similar to the PDF import options) when placing a Photoshop file (.PSD and .PSB) into Illustrator; if the "Show Import Options" box is checked, give the user the options to import Photoshop Artboards Individually (Similar to .Ai and PDF Artboards) or as the whole image file.
The "Show Import Options" box must be checked to get these options, however if not checked, the whole image file will be imported into Illustrator regardless of artboards present.
3 votes -
saveascopy command in Illusrator script
Please, pretty pleas with sugar on top add SaveAsCopy function to illustrator script. All i need to be happy is to bind a script that allows me to save a copy of specific AI art board(s) as PDF with presets. it is impossible to save copy of document without closing current AI file.
I work in print and that is the thing illustrator lack for me, one script command... saveCopyAs.
Why does it matters? because i have tons of print layouts with ton of PDF's to link on aforementioned plates, and i need to sometime go for 3 different export…3 votes -
Change of pixel dimension
When you want to change from resolution 800×480 to 1024×600, there is a slight difference in pixel dimension to retain circle shaped objects. So idea is that you are able to change pixel dimension and convert some files, instead of drawing new ones. For example-you have a circled object in some .ai file, where you have square pixels. If AI would allow to change pixel shape to rectangular, like 0,14 mm height and 0,15 mm width, or 0,148 mm,..., then it would fasten up things of making same graphic for different screen resolution with tool of pixel dimensions, instead…
1 vote -
Export or save as SVG
Please improve dramatically the save as or export option to SVG file!
As many people have already requested, please simplify the code.
But my request deals with SVG export with indic languages: IT JUST SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK AT ALL, even if all corresponding options (Parameters / Text / Indic and Asian line by line composer) have been selected in Illustrator!!!
I attach two screen shots: the first one is Illustrator screen, the second the SVG result. You will see that the devanagari text is completely different.
For your information, I have already mentionned that problem on or two years…4 votes -
Unable to select artboards when exporting BMP and TGA
Artboard selection disappears when using Export window to export a BMP / TGA file.
3 votes
- Don't see your idea?