• My feedback
  1. 607 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

695 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    NOTE:
    1. You will have to reset your toolbar once if it is already disturbed. refer to this knowledge base to see how you can reset – https://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1900963
    2. What we have fixed is the tool bar is no longer editable as long as it is not in the toolbar edit mode

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

2. Please revise the new tool to simplify paths once again

Hello, the new tool to simplify the paths will be great for many people. But I draw my lines deliberately blurred. With the old tool I always set the value to 98% or 99%. But even if I set everything to maximum in the new tool, the paths will be really smooth. But I don't want it to be that smooth. Please rework the settings again. The paths should look blurred, but have as few anchor points as possible. With the old tool it always worked great. Many thanks

Gabi

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Users,

We have taken the feedback provided and have released with improvements as a new update (24.0.2) to Illustrator. Please update to the new version and let us know your feedback on the current version that has been released.

We aim to do continuous improvements and your feedback helps us to get better. Keep sending them.

Thanks,
    Sanjit

3. Rulers On by DEFAULT

You recently closed this request as ""Completed" it is most certainly NOT complete. It's close, so close we can taste it, but it isn't finished yet.

Right now, we have the new, and almost glorious, option to "show/hide rulers across all documents". It works nearly wonderfully well as every new document I open (after enabling the new preference and hitting Ctrl + R) has rulers.

I open a new file, hey, rulers!
    I open an old file, yesssss, rulers!
    I close AI and open it the next day and <sad trombone> NO RULERS?!?!?
    Ctrl + R and there they are…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automatically make gradients by just selecting two or more colours.

Create a default gradient of two or more colours just by selecting them on the artwork or on the swatches panel without having to copy and paste the color codes separately.

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Apply any Cap Style to a Stroke End Point

Allow user to be able to select an end anchor point on a stroke and apply any cap they choose. So one path could have a butt cap on one end and round cap on the other end. This would make building certain styles with strokes far easier and avoid problems that the current workflow creates when expanded at times.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. AI 2020 slow

I am working on a 2017 iMac pro with an 18 core Intel Xeon W processor, 128 GB of 2666 MHz DDR4 memory and a Radeon Pro Vega 64 GPU (16 GB memory). I just (November 5, 2019) updated to AI 2020 and everything is significantly slower than the last version of AI 2019 (yes, GPU enhancement settings are on). I purchased AI CS because it had the GPU enhancement and it was 64-bit allowing me to work with the rather large vector images produced during my data analysis from spacecraft. However, this slow down is like going back to…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. GPU performance is not working properly

GPU performance should improve efficiency when drawing complex objects, but the behavior has been delayed since CC 2018 (version 22).

The file created in CC 2015.3 (version 20) is test sample.
    If you select a created object and move it with the mouse, the result will be completely different.

2015.3 / 2017: Drawing delay does not occur when GPU performance is ON
    2018 / 2019 / 2020: GPU performance ON causes drawing delay, OFF is faster

The confirmed environment is Windows 10 1909 + Intel Core i7-6700HQ + GeForce GTX 950M.
    In addition, although it is another data, the delay…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Multipage PDF export in the Asset Export Panel

The Asset Export panel is really great and you can export Artboards as PDF but each artboard is a PDF file.

It will be so great to add a checkbox to export the selected Artboards as a unique Multipage PDF.
    Currently you can export in PDF using Save as… PDF, you have to enter manually the pages ranges and it's not memorized for the next export like in Export for Screens (Asset Export panel).

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Vector Halftones Effect (within AI and without third-party plugins)

I would like AI to integrate a feature that can convert raster images and/or vector elements (gradients, sketches, shapes, anything..) into a perfectly shaped round dots Halftones Effect.

As a matter of fact, it is already possibile to get something similar by applying the raster halftones Effect to the element and then Live Tracing it. But the result is something uneven made of irregular circles or shape. So it is not a precise function to take into consideration.

The effect should be achieved without any third-party plugins or anything which is not already included in the full AI software release…

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Rasterize effect of bitmap is too simple

Please add some other algorithm in rasterize effect of bitmap.
    in Photoshop we have pattern dither, Diffusion dither, halftone screen, custom pattern Or in Corel Photo Paint we have line art, Ordered , Jarvis, Stuki , floyd-steinberg, halfton, cardinality distribution But in illustrater we have only one algorithm.
    also please able us to choose color of rastered pixels. it is very important because some times graphists add this effect to gradient or mesh gradient but they like another color instead of black color and transparent instead of white

238 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Scripts palette!

I can't believe nobody (including myself) voted for separate palette/panel. AI needs it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SDK and Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please make the Preview option sticky

Just about everything you do in Illustrator to the drawing cannot be seen until you turn on Preview. Unfortunately the Preview option cannot be set to ON or Sticky from last use. I am aware that way back in the 80s this was done because the computing power was not strong enough to deal with drop shadows but this is now not the case. I am also aware that very very complex drawings can also be affected by having the Preview on but I very seldom do complex drawings. PERHAPS there could be some kind of self-sensing regulator that when…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

All the effect checkboxes have now been set to ON by default, and are sticky (meaning that if you disable preview, on next launch of Illustrator preview will remain disabled). This functionality now is available in our latest release build – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

We are working on making all remaining preview check-boxes sticky. Will update this thread when done!

What’s new in 24.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback.

13. Outlining dotted lines with " aligns dashes", unnecessary anchor points are generated.

When dotted lines with “Aligns dashes to corners and path ends, adjusting lengths to fit” are outlined , unnecessary anchor points are generated in the circles at both ends.

When performing detailed processing to create artwork, I sometimes outline dashed lines. So, unnecessary anchor points are an obstacle in such processing.
    Although there are workarounds, I hope that users will get clean outline results without any ingenuity.

Workaround:
    (A)
    1.Double-click anywhere in the stroke with Width tool to add a new width point.
    2.Execute “Expand Appearance” , “Outline Strokes” or “Flatten Transparency”.

(B)
    1.Drawing strokes in accurately calculated length with…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Right click on a transform to copy/paste position/angle/widht&height of objects separately

I would love it if I could copy the position etc. from one object to another without having to copy paste each property individually.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Student Discount for one month Free usage of Illustrator CC during Coronavirus Crisis

I think it is reasonable that Adobe would consider helping students by providing free access to Adobe Illustrator whose universities have moved to online instruction due to the Coronavirus. It would be a generously kind gesture for Adobe to consider discounting or eliminating the $31. monthly fee during this crisis.

The software is provided in the classroom, and labs are open to students outside the class period for their use. Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education PASSHE stated that our Adobe CC license at Edinboro University does not permit student personal use for Adobe CC products. Some students are taking…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hotkeys for next/previous appearance item

Appearance is great but can be better.
    To select a fill below current one you have to open palette and click the item you want to change. If there would be a hotkeys for selecting next appearance item above/below (like Photoshop has for navigating Layers) this would boost keyboard freaks like me.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Change "Export For Screens" Save Path Default To File Folder

f I go to File > Export > Export For Screens the default save path points to the last folder I used. What we as users are expecting is the default path to be equal to the same folder as the Illustrator file is currently located in.

If you feel this should not be the default at least give us a way to change this in the AI Preferences. Thanks!

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make Y direction POSITIVE numbers above the Y "zero" point like in the rest of world.

Align Illustrator with the rest of the world by making the default Y direction positive numbers above the Y "zero" point - in my case zero is set to the very center of the Artboard.

And also make this a preference item across CC apps. I still don't see how it's an advantage in InDesign and Photoshop.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. SVG Export - Option to keep words intact

SVG export seems to break up any text by character in tspan elements, I'm guessing this is so the end product is kerned as nicely as possible.

In some cases I prefer readability/editability over the best possible output.

I would like an option to prevent characters from being put into individual <tspan> tags.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS WORTH LIVING FOR >PLEASE< add folders to the Layers panel BECAUE it will KEEP ME FROM DESTROYING THE EARTH

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS WORTH LIVING FOR >>PLEASE<< add folders to the Layers panel BECAUSE it will KEEP ME FROM DESTROYING THE EARTH

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 158 159
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base