When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drag-and-Drop Swatches to Artboard

This functionality wouldn't change the swatches palette it, but would allow users to drag a swatch to the artboard and drop it. You could tile several to create a tonal family or brand color set.

Being able to scale them larger, arrange them, reformat the grid, turn the white gap off in between colors would improve color adjustment and comparing hues side by side. They'd function like the existing swatches panel in that you could have a shape or stroke selected and apply the color by clicking the swatch on the artboard.

This would help in color exploration and creating…

349 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

90 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Feedback on New Snap to Glyph(s) Functionality (in Beta now)

New Glyph snapping feature is available in Beta now.

Snap to glyph(s) allows quick and precise alignment around contours of live text without the need of creating outlines or reference guides. You will see smart snapping guides for words and a line by default. You can also enable a single glyph mode by right-clicking on the targeted glyph.

We have tried to provide as many important smart guides as possible without cluttering the workspace. We would love to hear your candid feedback. Please provide your feedback on this thread. This will be actively monitored by the Illustrator team. If you…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support SVG Tiny P/S

Support SVG Tiny P/S :: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-svg-tiny-ps-abrotman/

This is part of the work on BIMI (bimigroup.org), but we hope that this format will have a wider use case. It's a smaller profile than Tiny. The format may change in the future, but perhaps initial support could be created.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 616 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

700 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    NOTE:
    1. You will have to reset your toolbar once if it is already disturbed. refer to this knowledge base to see how you can reset – https://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1900963
    2. What we have fixed is the tool bar is no longer editable as long as it is not in the toolbar edit mode

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

5. AI 2020 slow

I am working on a 2017 iMac pro with an 18 core Intel Xeon W processor, 128 GB of 2666 MHz DDR4 memory and a Radeon Pro Vega 64 GPU (16 GB memory). I just (November 5, 2019) updated to AI 2020 and everything is significantly slower than the last version of AI 2019 (yes, GPU enhancement settings are on). I purchased AI CS because it had the GPU enhancement and it was 64-bit allowing me to work with the rather large vector images produced during my data analysis from spacecraft. However, this slow down is like going back to…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please revise the new tool to simplify paths once again

Hello, the new tool to simplify the paths will be great for many people. But I draw my lines deliberately blurred. With the old tool I always set the value to 98% or 99%. But even if I set everything to maximum in the new tool, the paths will be really smooth. But I don't want it to be that smooth. Please rework the settings again. The paths should look blurred, but have as few anchor points as possible. With the old tool it always worked great. Many thanks

Gabi

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Users,

We have taken the feedback provided and have released with improvements as a new update (24.0.2) to Illustrator. Please update to the new version and let us know your feedback on the current version that has been released.

We aim to do continuous improvements and your feedback helps us to get better. Keep sending them.

Thanks,
    Sanjit

7. Automatically make gradients by just selecting two or more colours.

Create a default gradient of two or more colours just by selecting them on the artwork or on the swatches panel without having to copy and paste the color codes separately.

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Repeats in Illustrator

Please share your thoughts on this feature here. What can be improved?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 「トリミング表示」を改善していただきたい。

「トリミング表示」を改善していただきたい。
    アートボードが重なって複数存在する場合、一番大きなアートボードでトリミングされるようです。任意のアートボードを指定できると嬉しいです。ご検討お願いします。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Apply any Cap Style to a Stroke End Point

Allow user to be able to select an end anchor point on a stroke and apply any cap they choose. So one path could have a butt cap on one end and round cap on the other end. This would make building certain styles with strokes far easier and avoid problems that the current workflow creates when expanded at times.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Feedback on new Recolor artwork (in Beta now)

New redesigned Recolor artwork is available in Beta now.

We heard from many of you that the current Recolor is confusing and difficult to use. This new Recolor has a completely redesigned experience with an added ability to recolor your art based on your referenced images & artwork. We have broken the Recolor into two sections. When you invoke Recolor, you would see an on canvas dialogue that allows you to quickly Recolor your artwork with all the basic controls. For advanced settings, you can click on more options (...).

We would love to hear your candid feedback. Please provide…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Don't display clipped outside paths in Outline View option

Sometimes we have a large pieces of artwork clipped.
    Sometimes we don’t care what’s inside until we isolate these to edit the clipped art directly.
    Still, when we switch to Outline View, we see all the art that is clipped, clumped, overlapping, messy.
    For these cases it would be nice to have an option to not draw parts that are outside and beyond of clipping paths.
    Corel’s products does it a bit wrong — they don’t draw clipped parts in Outline at all, including parts that are inside. Ai should do it better.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve ShapeBuilder by adapting the Corel’s SmartFill functionality

Whoever came up with the idea of the ShapeBuilder, they did utilize not that popular LivePaint in a great way. Make it even better!
    Steal and add to Ai the Smart Fill from Corel Draw (see the GIF attached). You don’t have to create a live paint, you just click over the intersection, just like ShapeBuilder does, and you have your new shape over the original paths. Steal it and make it better — CorelDraw doesn’t understand click and drag here, and it’s less comfortable to set a color (while Ai won’t have any problem here). Like now ShapeBuilder does…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Shared library colors -- that UPDATE your document if they are changed

As far as I can tell, your shared library feature lets you share a palette of colors—BUT, once you start using those colors, they are locked within your file and no longer linked to the shared library. This means that if your brand team changes a shade of yellow slightly and publishes that to the library, you have to manually know what changed and manually update your file. Figma users are very accustomed to using shared swatches, and Illustrator users can get comfortable with this workflow too IF it works for them and their company.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. More Text Frame & Type options like: Inset Spacing, Auto Fit, Columns and Bullet & Num Lists

I highly appraise adding the much needed Vertical Text Alignment feature from indesign to Illustrator. While they are at it I would like to request more Text Frame & Type features to be migrated over from Indesign. Like Inset Spacing, Auto Fit, Columns and Bullet & Numbered Lists .

Why? Due to Illustrator having more flexible and abundant creativity oriented vector design features I often pick Illustrator over Indesign to create single page designs like flyers or posters. Having more control over type would speed up the design workflow significantly. Lack of Type control is the only thing that causes…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. All adobe packages should keep automatic timetracking per new file

Every designer or design company needs to keep his timetracking in order. Instead of second guessing or manually entering timetracking data in an external file all adobe products should keep active time per file/document.

Active time meaning the file is open and you are working inside it and not just counting standby time as well. Because with each change you keep a history, you could watch the history, if the history is changing adobe updates the timetracking for that file. You measure the time between two active periods. If the history is not changing during the last 10 minutes or…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Modification of pattern through keyboard shortcut

There was a very useful option available in very old versions of Illustrator (before CC). When I need to modify a pattern applied to an object but not the object itself (scaling, rotating, shearing, mirroring, etc...) , it was possible to do it manually, not throught he box, by pressing a key — to be chosen in the keyboard shortcut menu — while moving the mouse or using the increment keys. It was much faster and flexible than to have to go through the box, deselect the "apply to object" option and repeat several time. It would be great to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. PLEASE bring back the 'apply to all' check box when re-linking files

Please bring back this feature!! Or i'll have to down grade Ai again. Its a nightmare to have to re-link images individually and although I've been told you can select all and replace in order, this is a real pain too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2d to 3d Packaging render option

It would be really useful for the packaging industry if our 2D packaging artwork can be visualized as a 3D render without having to use a third party software very much like ESKO's Studio (https://www.esko.com/en/products/studio), please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Select multiple layers at once, no more clicking one at a time.

Select multiple layers at once, no more clicking one at a time. I know that others have already suggested this, as I have, but you've still done absolutely nothing to address this issue. It seems like such a no-brainer, which has me doubting the abilities and intelligence of everyone involved in designing Illustrator. Seriously, this literally wastes hours of my time every year. It is one of the big reasons why I refuse to recommend Illustrator to anyone, even though I'm currently forced to use it. Fix it already.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 180 181
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base