When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drag-and-Drop Swatches to Artboard

This functionality wouldn't change the swatches palette it, but would allow users to drag a swatch to the artboard and drop it. You could tile several to create a tonal family or brand color set.

Being able to scale them larger, arrange them, reformat the grid, turn the white gap off in between colors would improve color adjustment and comparing hues side by side. They'd function like the existing swatches panel in that you could have a shape or stroke selected and apply the color by clicking the swatch on the artboard.

This would help in color exploration and creating…

335 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

86 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 610 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

698 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    NOTE:
    1. You will have to reset your toolbar once if it is already disturbed. refer to this knowledge base to see how you can reset – https://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1900963
    2. What we have fixed is the tool bar is no longer editable as long as it is not in the toolbar edit mode

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

3. Please revise the new tool to simplify paths once again

Hello, the new tool to simplify the paths will be great for many people. But I draw my lines deliberately blurred. With the old tool I always set the value to 98% or 99%. But even if I set everything to maximum in the new tool, the paths will be really smooth. But I don't want it to be that smooth. Please rework the settings again. The paths should look blurred, but have as few anchor points as possible. With the old tool it always worked great. Many thanks

Gabi

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Users,

We have taken the feedback provided and have released with improvements as a new update (24.0.2) to Illustrator. Please update to the new version and let us know your feedback on the current version that has been released.

We aim to do continuous improvements and your feedback helps us to get better. Keep sending them.

Thanks,
    Sanjit

4. Automatically make gradients by just selecting two or more colours.

Create a default gradient of two or more colours just by selecting them on the artwork or on the swatches panel without having to copy and paste the color codes separately.

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. AI 2020 slow

I am working on a 2017 iMac pro with an 18 core Intel Xeon W processor, 128 GB of 2666 MHz DDR4 memory and a Radeon Pro Vega 64 GPU (16 GB memory). I just (November 5, 2019) updated to AI 2020 and everything is significantly slower than the last version of AI 2019 (yes, GPU enhancement settings are on). I purchased AI CS because it had the GPU enhancement and it was 64-bit allowing me to work with the rather large vector images produced during my data analysis from spacecraft. However, this slow down is like going back to…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Apply any Cap Style to a Stroke End Point

Allow user to be able to select an end anchor point on a stroke and apply any cap they choose. So one path could have a butt cap on one end and round cap on the other end. This would make building certain styles with strokes far easier and avoid problems that the current workflow creates when expanded at times.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Feedback on new Recolor artwork (in Beta now)

New redesigned Recolor artwork is available in Beta now.

We heard from many of you that the current Recolor is confusing and difficult to use. This new Recolor has a completely redesigned experience with an added ability to recolor your art based on your referenced images & artwork. We have broken the Recolor into two sections. When you invoke Recolor, you would see an on canvas dialogue that allows you to quickly Recolor your artwork with all the basic controls. For advanced settings, you can click on more options (...).

We would love to hear your candid feedback. Please provide…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 「トリミング表示」を改善していただきたい。

「トリミング表示」を改善していただきたい。
    アートボードが重なって複数存在する場合、一番大きなアートボードでトリミングされるようです。任意のアートボードを指定できると嬉しいです。ご検討お願いします。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Modification of pattern through keyboard shortcut

There was a very useful option available in very old versions of Illustrator (before CC). When I need to modify a pattern applied to an object but not the object itself (scaling, rotating, shearing, mirroring, etc...) , it was possible to do it manually, not throught he box, by pressing a key — to be chosen in the keyboard shortcut menu — while moving the mouse or using the increment keys. It was much faster and flexible than to have to go through the box, deselect the "apply to object" option and repeat several time. It would be great to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. All Adobe software should change the zoom and panning tools to work like in Photoshop.

Hi, I want to control the zoom in Illustrator and in InDesign with the mouse in the same way I can do it in Photoshop. Zoom in and out with the mouse wheel and panning by pressing the mouse wheel.

In Photoshop I just need one hand to use zoom and pan, which is the best alternative. All Adobe software should change the zoom and panning tools to work like in Photoshop. Why force us to use both hands to zoom and pan when it can be done with just one hand like in Photoshop? I is easier, more user…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. GPU performance is not working properly

GPU performance should improve efficiency when drawing complex objects, but the behavior has been delayed since CC 2018 (version 22).

The file created in CC 2015.3 (version 20) is test sample.
    If you select a created object and move it with the mouse, the result will be completely different.

2015.3 / 2017: Drawing delay does not occur when GPU performance is ON
    2018 / 2019 / 2020: GPU performance ON causes drawing delay, OFF is faster

The confirmed environment is Windows 10 1909 + Intel Core i7-6700HQ + GeForce GTX 950M.
    In addition, although it is another data, the delay…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Perspective Tool and Strokes.

I've recently gotten into the Perspective Tool in a big way. My only problem is that STROKES' don't conform to Perspective. I've worked around this by converting the stroke into a fill using OBJECT > PATH > OUTLINE STROKE. It gets the job done, but I lose all that "strokey" goodness. Can a button be added somewhere to "Allow Strokes To Be Effected By Perspective?"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Switching tabs doesn’t show the correct image in High Sierra

It’is absolutely impossible to work on Illustrator 2020. I have version 24.2, and there constantly switching tabs doesn’t work correctly. No matter what tab I've selected, I can only see 1 file. This happens randomly, and I have to restart the program to get the tabs to work properly again.

By the way, this is also observed in Photoshop 2020.

This bug is at least one year old. I don’t know how to fix it.

P.S. These screenshots are not mine (I don’t know how to cause this bug). But I have exactly the same situation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. rotate canvas in Illustrator

It would be great in the next version on Illustrator if they included a rotate canvas function like in Photoshop. I use that function so much when I need the right angle to do my work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Export EPS with latex

The open source Inkscape has the feature where you could edit any text as latex in the EPS-file after exporting it. This makes all scientists and other users of latex mega-happy. This is the easiest way to format the text to fit the latex document, and to add nice math writings to the figure in the blink of an eye, instead of the tedious work of writing the correct font and special math symbols in Illustrator.

Could Ai please add the feature of generating something similar to what is documented here: http://tug.ctan.org/info/svg-inkscape/InkscapePDFLaTeX.pdf ?

I believe this is easy and quickly…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Multipage PDF export in the Asset Export Panel

The Asset Export panel is really great and you can export Artboards as PDF but each artboard is a PDF file.

It will be so great to add a checkbox to export the selected Artboards as a unique Multipage PDF.
    Currently you can export in PDF using Save as… PDF, you have to enter manually the pages ranges and it's not memorized for the next export like in Export for Screens (Asset Export panel).

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Don´t highlight selected object automatic!

It's new since yesterday and it's patronizing, I hate it. Self-determination is important in design.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Give us the option to pin a file or template to the home screen of Illustrator and photoshop.

I work with a file where I have saved many shadow effects and icons. I have to open a lot of files during the day and at the end of the day the Ai file gets bumped to the bottom or out of the home screen. The next day I have to look it up again and I feel it would be easier if I just could pin it to the home screen so it doesn't get bumped down or disappears completely of the home screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Align To Text Tight Bounds

Please share your thoughts on this feature here. What can be improved?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Feedback on New Snap to Glyph(s) Functionality (in Beta now)

New Glyph snapping feature is available in Beta now.

Snap to glyph(s) allows quick and precise alignment around contours of live text without the need of creating outlines or reference guides. You will see smart snapping guides for words and a line by default. You can also enable a single glyph mode by right-clicking on the targeted glyph.

We have tried to provide as many important smart guides as possible without cluttering the workspace. We would love to hear your candid feedback. Please provide your feedback on this thread. This will be actively monitored by the Illustrator team. If you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 169 170
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base