What can we fix in Illustrator? Vote for or report a bug.

Unable to export Artboards as SVG

The AI does export to SVG. I have used this constantly in the previous version, but the new version will not save the image in SVG format using the Export for Screens option.

83 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

WildWilly shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
Adobe. Make It an Experience.

107 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ahmad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its April 24 - 2019 and em still facing this problem even after updating today. Don't know how you fixed this anyway.

• Eyu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still a problem as of today. AI Won't export SVG assets at all

• supriya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how to convert mutliple ai files to svg . only script option avaliable?
    any other steps are there?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SVG export was working, but then it just stopped again. Reset prefs. Uninstalled and reinstalled... still not working. NO good!..

• valentina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The svg export in illustrator does not work yet. You can not work like that !!!

• Luis Rodrigues commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on!!! How can you still have this bug??? Artboards in Illustrator are a really bad experience, why don't you use the same artboard System that you have for Adobe XD or something similar... even the organization of the panels decreased the user experience... And after all I'm wasting my time trying to export to simple svg icons

• Graham Spiers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This works for me now. I had to change the SVG settings to two decimal places for my small artboards (note that that did not work a few months ago - after this bug was "completed").

I don't think Adobe pays any attention to "completed" bugs.

• Beth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the latest update installed but I still can't export SVGs.

Still doesn't work. The Save As function creates a much bigger file than Export for Screen and nothing really works.

• Adrian D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still not working I'm afraid. Sometimes it works, then other times it won't work at all.

• Graham Spiers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually Save As doesn't work either (I get an SVG but it is not the file I saved). Even AI doesn't load it correctly and it wrote it. All it is a simple shape. Going back to AI 2017 (again).

I downloaded the update today and unfortunately it still does not work to export .svg files. It is still indicated to me that it has come to problems with exporting. Also .png can not be exported.
    For me, the export function is the most important, should that not be fixed soon, unfortunately I have to change the program. Sorry Adobe but I expect faster updates and fixes for such drastic errors.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base