Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs
When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:
- Details of your operating system
- The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
- The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
- Your expected result and the actual result
- Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)
8342 results found
-
Keyboard doesn't register a shortcut
In Adobe InDesign and Photoshop you can assign any key on an international keyboards to any function.
Illustrator do not recognize international keyboards. You may register but it won’t work.
What a shame since it's the oldest app in the family.2 votes -
Exporting SVG 1.2 Tiny gives a metadata / namespaces error
I use Illustrator CC 2017 21.1.0.
When exporting an Illustrator document to SVG 1.2 tiny and open in Dreamweaver CC2017 or another editor I receive an error on the Illustrator metadata / namespaces like:
<!-- Generator: Adobe Illustrator 21.1.0, SVG Export Plug-In . SVG Version: 6.00 Build 0) -->
<!DOCTYPE svg [
<!ENTITY ns_extend "http://ns.adobe.com/Extensibility/1.0/">
<!ENTITY ns_ai "http://ns.adobe.com/AdobeIllustrator/10.0/">
<!ENTITY ns_graphs "http://ns.adobe.com/Graphs/1.0/">
<!ENTITY ns_vars "http://ns.adobe.com/Variables/1.0/">
<!ENTITY ns_imrep "http://ns.adobe.com/ImageReplacement/1.0/">
<!ENTITY ns_sfw "http://ns.adobe.com/SaveForWeb/1.0/">
<!ENTITY ns_custom "http://ns.adobe.com/GenericCustomNamespace/1.0/">
<!ENTITY ns_adobe_xpath "http://ns.adobe.com/XPath/1.0/">
]>
I have exported with the following settings in Illustrator, see attachment2.
Look forward to hear from you.
Regards,
Ed Boon
Visioned.net2 votesI am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.Thanks
Anish Kumar
Illustrator Team -
GPU Performance stops working when enabled
Illustrator 21.1.0 (64-bit)
GPU Performance shuts off whenever I open a file. I have to close the file, turn off GPU Performance (yes, turn it OFF in preferences), then turn it ON again, then reopen my file to get it working again. I've been complaining about this for months, and Adobe has ignored my complaints. All updates including drivers have been installed and I've completely removed and reinstalled Illustrator.
2 votesPlease get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.
-
User guide correction
Customer support asked that I make this post via their twitter account. I found that the content in the user guide identifying the various symbols and marks of the swatch panel is not accurately labeled. E and F are wrong. They should say LAB and RGB but they instead are calling the icons CMYK AND RGB. Could be highly confusing those just learning the software. Thanks!!
2 votes -
Illustrator doesn't find color profile, which are shown in Indesign
Hi everybody,
I installed an eci color profile (pso-coated_v3) on my windows 10 computer (right-mouse-click, then install). In Photoshop CC and Indesign CC everything is fine, so it is installed correctly. But the new profile isn't shown in Illustrator CC.
I reopened Illustrator and also de- and reinstalled it...
Does anybody has got an idea, why the new profile doesn't show in in the color-settings of Illustrator?
Thanks a lot!
Best wishes
Rene2 votesAn installed color profile can be accessed and used like this:
Edit > Color Settings: Working Spaces, CMYK: choose the profile you need.
Then go to Edit > Assign Profile and set it.
-
Can't create new artwork
new button and menu item just start dialog box so can't create any new artwork from scatch
2 votes -
Application crash when copy/pasting SVG paths
I have several logos that were created in Inkscape and saved in SVG format that I now need to edit in Illustrator. However even after re-saving them as AI files, any attempt to copy/paste any part of the SVG paths from the logo results in an immediate application crash.
Adobe Illustrator CC (latest) Windows 10 64bit
Steps:
1. Open the attached AI file (which was converted from SVG by opening then saving in Illustrator).
2. Select any part of the logo.
3. Copy using Edit -> Copy or CTRL+C
4. Paste using Edit -> Paste or CTRL+V
5. The application…2 votesPlease get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels.
Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here. -
Appearance pallet, 2 top stacks always expand, after use Type Tool
Illustrator 22.0.0 72@102345, Illustrator 21.1.0 and all previous CC versions
Steps:
1. Open Illustrator, new document
2. Open Appearance Palette (Shift+F6)
3. Collapse all stacks in Appearance Palette (if they expanded)
4. Choose Type Tool
5. Use Type Tool in any place of document
6. ESC and Click any place of documentExpected result:
Appearance Palette Stacks remain minimized (folded)Actual result:
2 top Appearance Palette Stacks are expand (unfolded)2 votes -
Move feature does not start at "0"
Pressing Enter used to allow you to move an object by putting in the values. Now.....many times, it will jump to the position but act like that is the "starting" point rather than the original position. It's quite bothersome and wastes a lot of time trying to move objects by the move feature.
1 vote -
Wacom ExpressKey Remote Touch Ring zoom fails when GPU Performance is enabled
Illustrator: 30.8.2
Windows: Windows 10 Home 22H2
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Wacom: Cintiq 27QHD + ExpressKey Remote EKR-100
Wacom driver: WacomTablet_6.4.5-5 and newerDescription:
In Illustrator 30.8.2, the Wacom ExpressKey Remote Touch Ring does not zoom correctly when GPU Performance is enabled.
When rotating the Touch Ring, the canvas briefly flickers/shakes and may zoom by only one step, then stops responding.
The problem disappears immediately when I disable:
Preferences → Performance → GPU Performance
With GPU Performance disabled, the Touch Ring zoom works normally and continuously.
I have confirmed that:
Wacom Diagnostics correctly detects Touch Ring rotation.
The same…1 vote -
CUANDO DOY CREAR NUEVA CARPETA SE BLOQUE ILLUSTRATOR
Tengo un problema, cuando doy guardar como y quiero crear una carpeta nueva se congela y bloquea illustrator.
no importa si es en red o en el escritorio1 vote -
Hands-on tutorial crash
Hands-on tutorials crash when clicking on the floating window's "?" to locate the tool or menu area in the user interface. I'm using the hands-on tutorials as part of my class and this is causing students and their teacher a lot of frustration.
1 vote -
アプリケーションフレームのバグ
アプリケーションフレームをチェックを入れて作業し、ファインダのウィンドウクリックしたのち、イラレを触るとファインダの後ろにイラレのウィンドウが隠れてしまう。
結構長い間修正されずにそのままなのですが、これがデフォルトなのでしょうか?1 vote -
Color Swatches assigned to type changed after closing the file
Upon opening a file, many of the colors I had assigned to type elements were randomly changed to other colors from my swatches palette. It was not consistent which colors changed to what; some were spot Pantone color swatches, others were global CMYK swatches. This has happened a couple times to me and my team, starting within the last six months; the first couple times it was only one or two elements of my artwork that would change, and they would change to Black. The most recent event it was over 20 instances of type that changed, and changed to…
1 vote -
Blend Orientation Bug
The blend path orientation no longer works. Despite selecting a blend orientation based on the page, it always reverts to the path orientation.
1 voteCan you help us with some screenshots or video depicting the issue?
-
Edit in Firefly Boards button gives network error every time
Not sure if this is categorized correctly as an action so feel free to correct.
Illustrator 30.8, MacOS Tahoe 26.5.1.
I have tested every possible graphic/image/whatever. Right click when selected and hit "Edit in Firefly Boards" and it gives me a network error every time. WiFi is working, other generative features in Illustrator work fine.
The "Edit in Firefly Boards" button on the Properties panel also gives the same results.
1 vote -
Illustrator 29.6.1 (Windows) crashes ~30 s after launch since Aug 17 — unhandled C++ exception (std::bad_function_call) in dunamis-ingest.dl
Environment
- Illustrator 29.6.1 (x64), Windows Server (EC2), 11 machines in a print-automation pipeline
- Illustrator is driven via COM/ExtendScript (headless typesetting), hundreds of short sessions per day
- No local changes on any machine: last Windows update Dec 2025, no reboots since Jun 25, no font/plugin/preference changes, Illustrator binary unchanged since Jul 2025Symptoms
- Starting the evening of Aug 17, 2026 (KST), Illustrator began crashing on all machines simultaneously. Daily crash counts across the fleet: ~0–5 (baseline) → 34 (Aug 17) → 90 (Aug 18) → 366 in half a day (Aug 19).
- Crashes occur…1 vote -
Illustrator cannot recognize my Creative Cloud account without internet, hours of work lost!!!!
Illustrator has no internet connection and then closes all my files without giving me the option to save. I have a company Adobe Creative Cloud account, but when the internet connection goes down, Illustrator seems unable to recognize or verify that I have an active Creative Cloud account. Instead, it closes Illustrator and all my open files without giving me any option to save my work.
This is extremely frustrating and unacceptable. I had been working for several hours, and I lost all of that work because Illustrator could not verify my account while offline.
Even if an internet connection…
1 vote -
Libraries show a generic font in thumbnails instead of actual ones
My libraries now all update to having this generic font when I upload designs with text. And online, all my previously saved designs now all have the same font rather than the fonts they were previously. When I drag them back onto an artboard, they convert back into the previous font, so it's something to do with the libraries preview, I believe.
1 vote -
Reflecting a JPG freezes the program
When I try to reflect a JPG it freezes and program gets frozen. It never happened before, but now it doesn’t work.
1 vote
- Don't see your idea?