Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. illustrator v25.2.1 color profile keeps changing to emulate adobe illustrator 6.0

illustrator v25.2.1 color profile keeps changing to emulate adobe illustrator 6.0 once I set it to our teams color profile. Especially if I switch from AI to PS. Even after changing the profile in Bridge and synchronizing them.

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

95 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Opacity mask editing mode is broken, changes made are not visible unless Clip / Invert option is selected

I am experiencing a very new issue with Illustrator: when I draw something upon an opacity mask, the effect is not shown in real time.

Never happened something similar before.

I'm trying different settings with CPU preview, and also the relevant flag in the preferences (Draw and modify in real time, under "Performance" tab, hte last line) but does not seem to affect.

This has been happening since the latest update.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

3. Align to key object automatic selection in align Panel

In the new update (24.2) I have "align to artboard" as a default but when I select multiple objects it automatically selects "align to key object" even after choosing the other multiple times. This is a new issue.

Windows 10
    Ryzen 2700x
    nVidia gtx 1660
    16gb RAM

268 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

128 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

We have fixed this bug in our latest release – v 24.2.1 which is available worldwide now. Thanks for your patience on this.

Please note that after upgrading you might still see that Align To sets itself to Align to Key Object. If you see this, please manually set the Align To to the required setting, and this reported bug will not happen again. You’ll need to this one time only.

The reason Align To might get set to Key Object after update is because Ai remembers your last Align To on subsequent launches as well. So, if your last Align To was Key Object before quitting/upgrading, after first multi-selection, it will set itself to Key Object. After you manually change it one-time, it will work fine.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

4. M1 Apple McBook - Crashing

I just got a new MacBook Pro with the M1 Apple chip. Illustrator keeps freezing and crashing. It also causes my whole computer to crash! I heard many other people are having the same problem. It is unusable by this point!

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This issue (entire M1 McBook system freezes) is fixed for AI 25.0.1 and 25.1

This fix takes effect in a day’s time, if you still face this entire system freeze then please follow the steps to update

1). Backup your preferences and launch Illustrator with fresh preferences
    2). Quit and re-launch Illustrator once again
    3). Use Illustrator in your workflow

If you see AI crash and entire system is not freezing then please create a new issue.

5. View Using GPU Gets Greyed Out Permanently with Outline Mode

Hello, with fresh preferences, 'View using GPU' and scrubby zoom are enabled in Illustrator. if I turn on Outline Mode, Illustrator loses connection with my GPU. The 'View using GPU' option becomes greyed out and never restores. In order to get it back I have to delete my preferences. Here is my system info:

Illustrator 25.1
    GPU: 2 x NVIDIA Titan Black
    RAM: 64 GB Memory
    GPU Driver: Driver 460.89
    Display: ASUS PQ321Q 4K

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Hi,

Thanks for the information provided to the Illustrator team.

As we are hearing from some users that the issue is not completely fixed , we are working on trying to reproduce the issue at our end . Kindly provide a screen recording \ elaborate steps for reproducing the issue/

With Best Regards,
    Aishwarya G Gadodia

6. System compatibility report

Windows 10
    Adobe Illustrator 25.2

While launching Adobe Illustrator, a window appears warning of an unsupported video driver although the exported report (txt-file) does not show any problem. All drivers are up-to-date.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

7. 80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.

8. Update 25.2.2 closes all the tabs instead of one tab at a time

Just after downloading the latest update, instead of closing one tab/page at a time, Illustrator started to automatically close every single opened page. It's happening with both Command + W and via the close button at the top of the page.

Please advise.

Joanna

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

9. (Applescript) do javascript command no longer works in Illustrator 2021(25.1)

Bug report:
    When using AppleScript's do javascript in Illustrator 2021(25.1), nothing happens regardless of whether it is a file or text. The result will return a missing value. In 25.0.1, it works fine.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/applescript-do-javascript-command-no-longer-works-in-25-1/m-p/11737799?page=1&profile.language=en

In the case of jsx files, it can be avoided by writing the following code. If the file extension is jsxbin, it cannot be executed. And arguments cannot be passed.

-- solution 1
    tell application "Adobe Illustrator"
    open ("Macintosh HD:Users:username:Desktop:sample.jsx" as alias)
    end tell

-- solution 2
    tell application "Finder"
    open ("Macintosh HD:Users:username:Desktop:sample.jsx" as alias) using ("Macintosh HD:Applications:Adobe Illustrator 2021:Adobe Illustrator. app:" as alias)
    end tell

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  SDK and Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2 which is available worldwide now.

10. Ver 23.3, When character unit is Q, spin button does not work properly with font size of character panel and control

Version : 24.3

1. Set the unit character to series (Q) in the environment settings

2. Create point text and area text

3. Change the font size of the character panel or control with the spin button.

In this operation, the spin button does not work properly, and the size can be changed only within a specific range based on the character size at the time of selection.
    In the property panel, it works normally.
    Even if you enter it directly, a value with decimal will be entered instead of the entered value.
    Other units are normal.

Original…

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.0 which is available worldwide now.

11. 透明部分を含むグレースケールモードのPSDファイルを配置するとGPUプレビューできない。

オペレーティングシステム macOS 10.15.6(imac20,1 32GBmem/1TBSSD/AMD Radeon Pro 5300_4GB)
    Illustrator CC ver.25.2.3

問題が発生したときに実行していた手順
    1. CMYKドキュメントをGPU表示で編集中に透明部分を含むグレースケールモードのPSDファイルを配置する。
    2. GPUプレビューからCPUプレビューに切り替わり、以降、Illustratorを再起動するまでそのドキュメントでは先程の配置画像を除去してもGPUプレビュー表示に戻せない。

想定していた結果
    GPU表示が正しく機能する。

実際の結果
    CPU表示に強制的に切り替わってしまい、GPUプレビュー表示に出来ない。

RGBモードのドキュメントではこの症状は発生しません。透明部分を含む画像形式であっても他の形式ではこの問題は発生しません。また、Windowsでは起きないとの報告を受けています。
    以下のコミュニティスレッドをご参照下さい。
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustratorフォーラム/gpuで表示-が使えなくなる/m-p/12040056#M25098

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

製品フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

Mac 版の Illustrator 2021 製品版にて、以下の現象が確認されました。
    (Windows 版、または Illustrator 2020 では問題が発生しない)

・グレースケール PSD ファイルは、背景をレイヤーに変換しただけでも問題が再現する
    ・RGB カラーモードのドキュメントに配置した場合は問題ない
    ・埋め込み配置の場合は問題ない

今後、さらに検証を行ってまいります。
    情報アップデートがありましたら、こちらでご報告いたします。

Illustrator チーム

12. 字形パネルメニュー「標準字形に戻す」の仕様が間違っている

日本語版Illustratorの字形パネルメニューには、メニュー項目「標準字形に戻す」があります。

期待する「標準字形に戻す」の仕様:
    選択文字からGSUBフィーチャーが取り除かれ、そのフォントのデフォルトグリフが表示される。ただしccmpのようなデフォルトで有効なフィーチャーは除く。InDesignはこの仕様。

現在の日本語版Illustratorの「標準字形に戻す」の仕様:
    選択文字にGSUBフィーチャー「fwid」(等幅全角字形)が付与され、等幅全角字形のグリフが表示されてしまう。

標準字形の意味は、デフォルトグリフ(フォント内のcmapテーブルでマッピングされているグリフ)です。標準字形が「fwid」を意味することは決してありません。InDesignの仕様が正しく、Illustratorの仕様は間違っています。

おそらく字形パネルが実装された当初から間違っており、現在でも間違ったままです。ユーザーはこの間違った仕様にいつも苦しめられています。

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Swatch Options Set to HSB but Shows RGB

When I double-click a swatch colour that was made in HSB mode the Swatch Options window pops up with HSB selected as the mode but displays sliders for RGB. Switching the mode to something else and back to HSB fixes the issue.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. CC Library not loading or window freezes

When I open the libraries panel, I can either see all my assets but can't click on any of them or use them, can't scroll, and can't change the library, OR the panel loads assets at a large preview scale and is un-navigable. I have experienced this in Photoshop as well. Using newest version of each

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have made changes in our feature flags on 4th May, please do launch AI twice, post 4th May and let us know if that works for you or not.

In case it does not work please share the contents of the file placed at -
    MAC :- /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe\ Illustrator\ 25\ Settings/locale/.runConfig
    WIN :- C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings\en_US\x64\.runConfig

You can share the contents on ShareWithAI@adobe.com

15. Drop Shadow Deletion Crashes Illustrator

I can apply a drop shadow to a shape, and then when I copy & paste that shape and try to remove the drop shadow from the copied version, the application crashes.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.

16. Change in Text position for Type on Path

Illustrator 24.3 vers 25.2.2 sur Mac OS 10.14.6, le texte curviligne bouge d'une version à l'autre. Créer dans Illustrator 24.3 le résultat n'est plus le même à l'ouverture en Illustrator 25.2.2

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17. Clipping group in symbol

If you convert a clipping group to a symbol, the bounding box for it will be calculated according to clipped art and not the clipping path, resulting in a larger box.
    The same exact behaviour we had for rasterized clipping groups (now fixed).
    Please fix this one too.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. スタート画面に表示されるプリセットの修正要望

Illustratorのバージョン:25.2.1(macOS ,Bigsur)
    スタート画面のプリセットの修正をお願いします。

・「A4」の単位の表記をmmに修正してほしい
    ・「はがき」のカラー設定をRGBからCMYKにしてほしい

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The new simplify tool can't handle many lines

The new simplify tool makes Illustrator freeze when I try simplify contour lines in Illustrator that I used to do without any problem with the old tool. I've been waiting for 10 minutes now without any response from the app.

I'm using the latest Illustrator version (2021) and the tool is not working. Since the tool doesn't give you a dialogue box to press cancel or anything, it seems that I have to force quit Illustrator. This happens to all my files since they are pretty complex. No problem with old tool.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Locked background objects unlocking/moving when using lasso selection tool

When I select using the LASSO tool, on screen shows the correct points have been selected, but when I then try to move just these selected points, Illustrator also moves the LOCKED background objects underneath. This error does not happen when I select using other tools. This is clearly a bug!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 287 288
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base