Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG - Kann Umlaute ü und ö nicht per Tastatur eingeben

Seit dem Update auf Illustrator 25.4 kann ich die Umlaute "ü" und "ä" nicht auf der Tastatur eingeben. Es wird einfach nichts eingetippt.

Habe die vorherige Version 25.3.1 installiert und es ging wieder.

Bitte dringend patchen!!!

Windows 10 Pro 21H1, 19043.1110

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

42 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

2. [25.3.1 macOS]Photoshopで作成したpsd画像に日本語のクリッピングパスが使用されていると、Illustratorに配置してもクリッピングパスが反映されない

再現手順

Photoshop v21.2.9(2020)やv22.2(2021)など日本語のクリッピングパスでの不具合がないバージョンで、日本語のクリッピングパスを適用したpsd画像を作成。
    Illustrator v25.3.1(2021)で、1で作成した画像を配置するとクリッピングパスが適用されずに配置される。Photoshopでクリッピングパスを欧文にすれば、Illustrator v25.3.1でクリッピングパスが適用された状態で配置される。なおIllustrator v24.3および v25.2.3ではこの不具合は再現されませんでした。

※photoshopで作成した画像フォーマットが、eps,tiff.pdfの場合はこの不具合は再現されませんでした。

動作環境

macOS Big Sur バージョン11.4

MacBook Pro 15-inch 2016

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

みなさま、大変お待たせいたしました。

Illustrator 2021(ver.25.3.1)で発生していた、Photoshop(v21.2.9 や v22.2 など)の日本語名のクリッピングパスでの不具合がないバージョンの PSD ファイルでも、日本語名のクリッピングパスが認識されない問題の修正が完了し、Illustrator 2021(ver.25.4.1)をリリースいたしました。

Creative Cloud デスクトップアプリケーションから、製品版のアップデートが可能となっておりますので、お確かめください。

もし、Illustrator 2021(ver.25.2.3)と同じ結果が得られないような場合は、コメントをお願いいたします。

今後ともよろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

【追記 – 2021年8月27日】
    Photoshop 2021 が ver.22.5 にアップデートされ、日本語パス名の文字化け問題が修正されました。
    Illustrator でもクリッピングパスが正しく認識されます。
    https://helpx.adobe.com/jp/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

3. illustrator v25.2.1 color profile keeps changing to emulate adobe illustrator 6.0

illustrator v25.2.1 color profile keeps changing to emulate adobe illustrator 6.0 once I set it to our teams color profile. Especially if I switch from AI to PS. Even after changing the profile in Bridge and synchronizing them.

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

99 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

5. Canvas Rotation Feature is obstructing regular pinching in or out gesture for zooming, when using the trackpad

When using the pinching in or out gesture on the trackpad, to zoom in or out.
    The artboard gets rotated very easily if there is even a slight rotation in the gesture while.

And then part 2 of problem. Its impossible to set it back to 0degrees. It keeps snapping between some low degrees

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Rotate Canvas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6. 30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7. View Using GPU Gets Greyed Out Permanently with Outline Mode

Hello, with fresh preferences, 'View using GPU' and scrubby zoom are enabled in Illustrator. if I turn on Outline Mode, Illustrator loses connection with my GPU. The 'View using GPU' option becomes greyed out and never restores. In order to get it back I have to delete my preferences. Here is my system info:

Illustrator 25.1
    GPU: 2 x NVIDIA Titan Black
    RAM: 64 GB Memory
    GPU Driver: Driver 460.89
    Display: ASUS PQ321Q 4K

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

After having investigated the issue with some users , we have been able to find a reproducible scenario for this issue which is due to using a specific color profile which is Generic-CMYK.

Our team is working on fixing this issue on priority.Until the issue is fixed please follow the below steps as a workaround :

1. Go to Edit → Color Settings
    2. Under Settings set the default color profile → North America General Purpose 2
    3.Press OK

Then try creating new document.

Incase with the above workaround still the issue is observed at your end, please let us know in the comments .

With Best Regards,
    Aishwarya G Gadodia

8. Opacity mask editing mode is broken, changes made are not visible unless Clip / Invert option is selected

I am experiencing a very new issue with Illustrator: when I draw something upon an opacity mask, the effect is not shown in real time.

Never happened something similar before.

I'm trying different settings with CPU preview, and also the relevant flag in the preferences (Draw and modify in real time, under "Performance" tab, hte last line) but does not seem to affect.

This has been happening since the latest update.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2 which is available worldwide now.

9. Blue learn box won't go away

I cannot see part of my workspace because the blue learn box covers up the panels and I cannot get it to go away. How am I supposed to use your program when your supposedly helpful box covers up what I need to see in order to create projects? This is unbelievably frustrating, and I am probably going to have to use some other program to create my logo since I cannot use the work space because of this idiotic blue learn bubble that won't go away and can't be moved, apparently.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10. 字形パネルメニュー「標準字形に戻す」の仕様が間違っている

日本語版Illustratorの字形パネルメニューには、メニュー項目「標準字形に戻す」があります。

期待する「標準字形に戻す」の仕様:
    選択文字からGSUBフィーチャーが取り除かれ、そのフォントのデフォルトグリフが表示される。ただしccmpのようなデフォルトで有効なフィーチャーは除く。InDesignはこの仕様。

現在の日本語版Illustratorの「標準字形に戻す」の仕様:
    選択文字にGSUBフィーチャー「fwid」(等幅全角字形)が付与され、等幅全角字形のグリフが表示されてしまう。

標準字形の意味は、デフォルトグリフ(フォント内のcmapテーブルでマッピングされているグリフ)です。標準字形が「fwid」を意味することは決してありません。InDesignの仕様が正しく、Illustratorの仕様は間違っています。

おそらく字形パネルが実装された当初から間違っており、現在でも間違ったままです。ユーザーはこの間違った仕様にいつも苦しめられています。

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Illustrator 製品フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

ご報告いただきました問題につきまして、再現を確認いたしました。
    修正の状況などのアップデートがありましたら、こちらでご報告いたします。

今後ともよろしくお願いいたします。
    Illustrator チーム

11. 色違いで作ったパターンがコピペされない

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 Illustrator 2021(25.3.1)

同じ模様のパターンの色違い3つ作成(ABCとする)→
    ABCに塗ったオブジェクトをコピー→
    別ファイルにペースト→
    オブジェクトすべてがAの塗りになり、BCのパターンはペーストされない

コピペされないBCを別のオブジェクトに塗り
    再度コピペしても、勝手にAの塗りに変換されます。
    同ファイル内でコピペしても同じ現象がおきます。

フォーラムでも質問しました。
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator%E3%83%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A9%E3%83%A0/%E8%89%B2%E9%81%95%E3%81%84%E3%81%A7%E4%BD%9C%E3%81%A3%E3%81%9F%E3%83%91%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%B3%E3%81%8C%E3%82%B3%E3%83%94%E3%83%9A%E3%81%95%E3%82%8C%E3%81%AA%E3%81%84/m-p/12137562#M25502

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

製品フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

ご報告いただいた「ver.25.3.1 でパターンスウォッチのコピー&ペーストで予期しない結果になる」問題を修正した、Illustrator 2021(ver.25.4.1)を一般リリースいたしました。

Creative Cloud デスクトップアプリケーションから、製品版のアップデートが可能となっておりますので、動作をお確かめください。

もし、修正されていないような場合は、コメントをお願いいたします。

今後ともよろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

12. reading XMP data in scripts broken by 25.4 update.

Illustrator 25.4 update broke scripts that try to read XMP data that worked in previous versions of Illustrator. This is the Mac version (have not tried in Windows).

It appears to be getting the error on this line:

ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript = new ExternalObject('lib:AdobeXMPScript');

Comparing the frameworks in the package contents for 25.3.1 vs 25.4, the AdobeXMPScript framework appears to be missing in 25.4.

Below is an example script to read font data that worked in 25.3, but errors loading the library in 25.4

// load XMP Library

function loadXMPLibrary() {

if (!ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript) {  

try {  

ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript = new ExternalObject('lib:AdobeXMPScript');  

} catch
    19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  SDK and Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue.
    Unfortunately we are unable to reproduce this issue inhouse.
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:

1) If yes, kindly provide some video , Test file(Via File→Package), OS version of your machine & steps with which you are facing issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.

Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal

14. M1 Apple McBook - Crashing

I just got a new MacBook Pro with the M1 Apple chip. Illustrator keeps freezing and crashing. It also causes my whole computer to crash! I heard many other people are having the same problem. It is unusable by this point!

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This issue (entire M1 McBook system freezes) is fixed for AI 25.0.1 and 25.1

This fix takes effect in a day’s time, if you still face this entire system freeze then please follow the steps to update

1). Backup your preferences and launch Illustrator with fresh preferences
    2). Quit and re-launch Illustrator once again
    3). Use Illustrator in your workflow

If you see AI crash and entire system is not freezing then please create a new issue.

15. Align to key object automatic selection in align Panel

In the new update (24.2) I have "align to artboard" as a default but when I select multiple objects it automatically selects "align to key object" even after choosing the other multiple times. This is a new issue.

Windows 10
    Ryzen 2700x
    nVidia gtx 1660
    16gb RAM

267 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

128 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

We have fixed this bug in our latest release – v 24.2.1 which is available worldwide now. Thanks for your patience on this.

Please note that after upgrading you might still see that Align To sets itself to Align to Key Object. If you see this, please manually set the Align To to the required setting, and this reported bug will not happen again. You’ll need to this one time only.

The reason Align To might get set to Key Object after update is because Ai remembers your last Align To on subsequent launches as well. So, if your last Align To was Key Object before quitting/upgrading, after first multi-selection, it will set itself to Key Object. After you manually change it one-time, it will work fine.

16. Dashed line not working

I have the latest build of Illustrator 2021 for macOS Big Sur. When I try to apply the dashed line feature to lines or shapes, the effect does not show up. It’s as if I never clicked it. What’s going on here? I’ve never experienced this in past versions of Illustrator. I even tried deleting my preferences. Still nothing. This is so frustrating!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Strokes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Copy/paste vector: Illustrator → Figma (pastes as raster)

In 25.2 — graphics copied from Illustrator get inserted in Figma as a vector image. In 25.3 the behavior is broken and graphics get pasted as a raster image.
    All the settings are the same.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18. 90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.

19. 透明部分を含むグレースケールモードのPSDファイルを配置するとGPUプレビューできない。

オペレーティングシステム macOS 10.15.6(imac20,1 32GBmem/1TBSSD/AMD Radeon Pro 5300_4GB)
    Illustrator CC ver.25.2.3

問題が発生したときに実行していた手順
    1. CMYKドキュメントをGPU表示で編集中に透明部分を含むグレースケールモードのPSDファイルを配置する。
    2. GPUプレビューからCPUプレビューに切り替わり、以降、Illustratorを再起動するまでそのドキュメントでは先程の配置画像を除去してもGPUプレビュー表示に戻せない。

想定していた結果
    GPU表示が正しく機能する。

実際の結果
    CPU表示に強制的に切り替わってしまい、GPUプレビュー表示に出来ない。

RGBモードのドキュメントではこの症状は発生しません。透明部分を含む画像形式であっても他の形式ではこの問題は発生しません。また、Windowsでは起きないとの報告を受けています。
    以下のコミュニティスレッドをご参照下さい。
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustratorフォーラム/gpuで表示-が使えなくなる/m-p/12040056#M25098

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

製品フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

Mac 版の Illustrator 2021 製品版にて、以下の現象が確認されました。
    (Windows 版、または Illustrator 2020 では問題が発生しない)

・グレースケール PSD ファイルは、背景をレイヤーに変換しただけでも問題が再現する
    ・RGB カラーモードのドキュメントに配置した場合は問題ない
    ・埋め込み配置の場合は問題ない

今後、さらに検証を行ってまいります。
    情報アップデートがありましたら、こちらでご報告いたします。

Illustrator チーム

20. When using optical type feature, since the update it displays the type as if it has no spaces?

Running version 25.3 on illustrator.

16.21 indesign.

Since updating me and a few people i know who also use the software across indesign and illustrator have seen when using the optical type feature, it displays the type as if it has no spaces? Type treatment is thrown off to what is traditionally correct. Please fix this! This will have a massive knock on affect with branding agencies if rules are changing regarding such simple things.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

← Previous 1 3 4 5 292 293
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base