Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

  1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

8343 results found

  1. Can't open files from Microsoft Outlook or any other outside source!

    Can't open a file by double clicking on it from an attachment in an email or from explorer or from my desktop etc! Only way round it is to do File > Open when Illustrator which is a reeeeeally slow way of working when you're dealing with multiple files! Pleeeeeeeeeeease fix this :)

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. SVG files can not be opened in Adobe CC / Illustrator 22.1.0 (Mac OS, High Sierra)

    I have been successfully exported / imported SVG files in the past. Just recently I had to re-install MacOS and Adobe CC suite with Illustrator, Photoshop etc. I just noticed I can not open SVG files in Illustrator anymore. They can be opened in Photoshop but not in Illustrator. If i try to open them in illustrator, I'm seeing prompt where I can choose if I want to import the file in text, PNG (!) or some other formats.

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Spell Check doesn't understand what "Uncapitalized Start of Sentence" means.

    While running spell check, Illustrator doesn't seem to understand that a comma is not the end of a sentence, or that the word following the comma is the start of a new sentence. See attached screen shots.

    (running the version of Illustrator on Mac running OS 10.13.6)

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

  4. Tools not snapping or showing blue line path or anchor points

    The Pen and Direct Tool are not snapping or showing the blue line path when drawing with the tools (Pen tool, Curvature tool, Direct Selection Tool) I have googled forums to see what the issue and it seems to be something that happens when the software is updated every so often or something like that, and shortly before I encountered this issue about 10 minutes ago my software got an update... please fix this :(

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Illustrator crashes when trying to open any type of file

    Windows 10, HP Laptop
    500 GB Solid State Drive
    8GB of RAM

    Adobe Illustrator 2018 and 2019 (just updated)

    I need this fixed. Adobe Illustrator crashes when I try to open any type of file. No matter what I try to open, it generates a crash report, which I have sent 3x times now. I have rebooted, did an clean Illustrator install, reset preferences, and have insured a default printer is assigned. I need this for work, otherwise I lose money.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Typing in Hebrew it RTL

    Whenever I try typing in Hebrew the letters go in the wrong direction, and I have no option in the paragraph pannel to change it as I know there is supposed to be. What should I do?

    5 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Cannot open .ai files after update. Windows 10

    After new October update for Illustrator CC 2019, I can no longer open .ai files? I get the 'how to you want to open this file?' window appear.

    If I right click .ai file > properties > opens with, change. and select the correct Illustrator it still does not change!

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Color Reduction Options reset after restart (keep Preserve White and Black checked)

    1. MacOS 10.13.5 / AI 22.1
    2. changing "Colors" to all, untick "Preserve" White and Black
    3. I expected these options to be saved and the same after a restart of AI
    4. after starting AI "Colors" are always reset to "Auto", "Preserve White" and "Black" is always ticked

    Some of the color reduction options are always reset after restarting AI, e.g. "Colors" will always revert back to auto and "Preserve" white and black will always be ticked.
    Colorize method on the other hand will stick.
    This is like this since at least a couple of versions, also on Windows 10 with AI 22.1

    5 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 0 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. intro page won't disappear

    Opening Illustrator 2019, I see the intro page with my recent work. I click to open it, and it seems to "think" the document is open - I can see my un-embedded layers panel full - but the intro page won't disappear. I can't close it, the arrow next to the AI icon won't collapse it, and I can't work without quitting the app and trying to reopen again. Does the same thing whether I open from the Finder or from the Intro page. MacPro 2012 (5,1) upgraded CPU and GPU (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 - flashed). I realize it's…

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Illustrator crashing wheen trying to open any document

    illustrator crashes as soon as i open it, I resently uppdated windows to 1809 and i have the latest illustrator updates. I tried diffrent ways to uninstall and remove both CC and illustrator with CC-cleaner and by following instructions on how to delete illustrator completly and reinstalling it again with no diffrence in result (still crashing). I cant say that my computer is the latest or the strongest but it worked for the first week then suddenly it started crashing.

    I have a lenovo laptop with an 6:th gen i5, 8gb ram, ssd-storage and integrated graphics.

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. AI crashes on opening PDFs

    Attempting to open a PDF proof generated from InDesign, AI quits without warning. Either using right-click/Open With… or File -> Open from within AI produces this result.

    OSX 10.13.6
    Illustrator 23.0
    Mid-2015 MBP.

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    Hi,

    If the issue is still reproducible with AI 23.0.2 then please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh

  13. Startup performance

    Illustrator has always been sluggish on startup, but 27 seconds on a recent SSD MBP is totally unacceptable IMO.

    Thoughts anyone?

    By comparison PS is ready to go in 7sec.

    Standard install CC 2018 / Il 22 on MacOS 10.13.1

    19 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    27 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    Our typical launch numbers on a SSD MBP is around 6-7 seconds hence we would like to understand more about the issue and problem.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

    Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

  14. Can No Longer Open PDF's directly to ILLUSTRATOR

    I just updated to Illustrator 2019 and I can no longer open a PDF into it from Bridge. Even if they were created in Illustrator. Some will open, but I have to close any other projects within Illustrator for them to open at all.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    2 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Reverting Text to default State after Live Preview of character properties

    I'm on an iMac running High Sierra 10.13.2 and Illustrator CC 22.0.1

    Text will randomly hide bounding boxes, apply tracking to text not selected, and refuse to apply adjustment to selected text. Closing the document and re-opening normalize things temporarily, but above behaviors come back.

    All CC apps seem laggy and unstable after 2018 updates.

    29 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

    Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

    You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

    Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

  16. Illustrator refuses to become default program when opening .svg files

    Illustrator refuses to become default program when opening .svg files. I've tried "Open with another program" in the "Open with" context menu option. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've tried installing 2017. I've tried regedit. It just won't take.

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Maintain Width and Height proportions lock button in Properties panel behaves as if locked, while the button is not pressed

    The Ai I'm running has this strange bug where upon making a new document the Transform section under the Properties Panel will have the 'Maintain W & H' lock activated; however the icon does not indicate as such. It will show the function as in active.

    So every time I were to scale an item with no intention of keeping it's initial proportions, the function will scale it proportionately.

    Ai CC 2018

    27 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Save a Copy in same folder of AI file (like before)

    Save a Copy in same folder of AI file (like before)

    Since the update to 22.0, the behaviour of “Save a copy” has changed so as to present the last-browsed folder destination in Windows Explorer. Previously this defaulted to the location of the working file.

    This is interrupting workflow considerably. I’m sure I am not alone in saving PDF copies of artwork in profess, for discussion with colleagues and clients. This used to be a couple of keystrokes but now I have to remember to browse back to the working file location each time.

    In summary:

    Expected Result: Explorer window…

    27 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQ – https://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

    Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

  19. Illustrator keeps crashing when opening files or when creating a new file.

    Like the title says, Illustrator crashes no matter what I do when opening files or when creating a new file. Nothing seems to fix it, a fresh install did nothing as well. Any ideas? got important projects I need to work on =_=.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Adjustments in gradient slider not applying to grouped objects

    When adjusting the gradient slider for a group of objects, only some of the objects are affected by the slider. The rest of the objects don't change. Applies to both linear and radial gradients, but problem more frequent for radial.
    (In screenshot, the lower-right corner shows how some of the objects follow the gradient slider adjustment, but the rest of the objects in the group don't change. Using macOS High Sierra and Illustrator CC v23.0.1.)

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Gradients  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?