Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. テキストの半角スペースに点が現れる

Ver 25.3.1 windows

25.3.1にバージョンアップすると突然テキストの半角スペースにピリオドが現れました。

1. テキストに半角スペースを打つ
    2. テキストに線幅を入れて縁取りにする
    3. その線の線端を丸型線端にする

するとスペース部分に点が現れます。テキストをアウトライン化すると消えますが、そのままPDF書き出しすると残ります。

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

製品フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

ご報告いただいた「ver.25.3.1 でテキストに丸型線端の線幅が追加されると、半角スペースに点が表示される」問題を修正した、Illustrator 2021(ver.25.4.1)を一般リリースいたしました。

Creative Cloud デスクトップアプリケーションから、製品版のアップデートが可能となっておりますので、動作をお確かめください。

もし、修正されていないような場合は、コメントをお願いいたします。

今後ともよろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

2. 透明部分を含むグレースケールモードのPSDファイルを配置するとGPUプレビューできない。

オペレーティングシステム macOS 10.15.6(imac20,1 32GBmem/1TBSSD/AMD Radeon Pro 5300_4GB)
    Illustrator CC ver.25.2.3

問題が発生したときに実行していた手順
    1. CMYKドキュメントをGPU表示で編集中に透明部分を含むグレースケールモードのPSDファイルを配置する。
    2. GPUプレビューからCPUプレビューに切り替わり、以降、Illustratorを再起動するまでそのドキュメントでは先程の配置画像を除去してもGPUプレビュー表示に戻せない。

想定していた結果
    GPU表示が正しく機能する。

実際の結果
    CPU表示に強制的に切り替わってしまい、GPUプレビュー表示に出来ない。

RGBモードのドキュメントではこの症状は発生しません。透明部分を含む画像形式であっても他の形式ではこの問題は発生しません。また、Windowsでは起きないとの報告を受けています。
    以下のコミュニティスレッドをご参照下さい。
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustratorフォーラム/gpuで表示-が使えなくなる/m-p/12040056#M25098

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

製品フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

Mac 版の Illustrator 2021 製品版にて、以下の現象が確認されました。
    (Windows 版、または Illustrator 2020 では問題が発生しない)

・グレースケール PSD ファイルは、背景をレイヤーに変換しただけでも問題が再現する
    ・RGB カラーモードのドキュメントに配置した場合は問題ない
    ・埋め込み配置の場合は問題ない

今後、さらに検証を行ってまいります。
    情報アップデートがありましたら、こちらでご報告いたします。

Illustrator チーム

3. When using optical type feature, since the update it displays the type as if it has no spaces?

Running version 25.3 on illustrator.

16.21 indesign.

Since updating me and a few people i know who also use the software across indesign and illustrator have seen when using the optical type feature, it displays the type as if it has no spaces? Type treatment is thrown off to what is traditionally correct. Please fix this! This will have a massive knock on affect with branding agencies if rules are changing regarding such simple things.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

4. System compatibility report

Windows 10
    Adobe Illustrator 25.2

While launching Adobe Illustrator, a window appears warning of an unsupported video driver although the exported report (txt-file) does not show any problem. All drivers are up-to-date.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

5. iImport a Dxf-file is a unknown format and can not open in illustrator?!

Illustrator Version 25.3

Ich kann seit dem letzten Update keine Dxf-Dateien laden...Warum??

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Black Boxes appear and Unable to zoom past 1600% when GPU performance is turned off in Illustrator 25.3.1

Well, I updated illustrator today and have major viewing issues.

Black Boxes appear when selecting outlined text with the direct selection tool, when moving a shape, and in the upper left corner when viewing artboard. Everything disappears when zooming in more than 2400% in Preview mode and has a pixelated outline.

MacOS Catalina version 10.15.6

Adobe Illustrator v25.3.1

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue, Illustrator team really appreciate this.
    Unfortunately we are unable to reproduce this issue in house.
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further so that we can nail this down?
    1)Kindly provide small video describing the issue , Test file(Via File → Package) & Steps with which you are able to reproduce this issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

7. The artboard names and numbers dissapeared in 25.4.1

I can still see the grey box in the top left corner of the artboards, but the names and numbers are gone. It started when I updated Illustrator to 25.3.1. I thought the issue would be solved in this new update but it is still there

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The colors in the closed file are persistently and almost forcibly trying to enter the palette.

Let's say a spot color was used in a previous work and somehow copied. Later, when the file job is finished and I start another new job even though I have closed it, the copied color in the closed file persistently and almost forcibly tries to enter the palette. I tried to describe it simply in the video.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Dialog box pop up warning when opening the application for IllustratorGc.jsx

Illustrator version:25.3 (updated today to run natively for M1)

Hardware Specifications:
    MacBook Pro M1

I updated my Illustrator today to run natively on M1 and have been facing this issue for a while.

I changed none of my preferences but randomly seem to be getting this warning pop-up that does not go away when clicking on 'Continue' or 'Cancel' - I tried reinstalling the app which didn't work at first, so I removed my preferences and tried again but that did not fix it. It seems the warning pop-ups just when I open the application…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Performance is extremely slow when using show grids in outline preview

macOS Big Sur 11.4, Illustrator 25.3.1

When switching to outline mode when using show grids, it is almost impossible to keep on working as everything is in slow motion, as if the graphic card is unable to cope. This occurs with a 500 kb file that was trouble free before the last updates.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Update 25.2.2 closes all the tabs instead of one tab at a time

Just after downloading the latest update, instead of closing one tab/page at a time, Illustrator started to automatically close every single opened page. It's happening with both Command + W and via the close button at the top of the page.

Please advise.

Joanna

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

12. (Applescript) do javascript command no longer works in Illustrator 2021(25.1)

Bug report:
    When using AppleScript's do javascript in Illustrator 2021(25.1), nothing happens regardless of whether it is a file or text. The result will return a missing value. In 25.0.1, it works fine.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/applescript-do-javascript-command-no-longer-works-in-25-1/m-p/11737799?page=1&profile.language=en

In the case of jsx files, it can be avoided by writing the following code. If the file extension is jsxbin, it cannot be executed. And arguments cannot be passed.

-- solution 1
    tell application "Adobe Illustrator"
    open ("Macintosh HD:Users:username:Desktop:sample.jsx" as alias)
    end tell

-- solution 2
    tell application "Finder"
    open ("Macintosh HD:Users:username:Desktop:sample.jsx" as alias) using ("Macintosh HD:Applications:Adobe Illustrator 2021:Adobe Illustrator. app:" as alias)
    end tell

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  SDK and Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2 which is available worldwide now.

13. Recent work thumbnails are missing on the welcome page

When I launch my latest version of the Desktop illustrator app there are no more visible the thumbnails of the recent work. Please bring it back.

Currently using Illustrator 25.4.1. (64bit) on latest update of Windows 10

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ver 23.3, When character unit is Q, spin button does not work properly with font size of character panel and control

Version : 24.3

1. Set the unit character to series (Q) in the environment settings
    2. Create point text and area text
    3. Change the font size of the character panel or control with the spin button.

In this operation, the spin button does not work properly, and the size can be changed only within a specific range based on the character size at the time of selection.
    In the property panel, it works normally.
    Even if you enter it directly, a value with decimal will be entered instead of the entered value.
    Other units are normal.

Original…

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.0 which is available worldwide now.

15. 英数字に対する和欧文間のアキの基準が欧文の前後で異なる(バージョン不問)

例えば、「第1章」という文字列に対して、数字だけを大きくしたとします。
    この際に和欧文間隔は当然適用されるのですが、その(アキの)基準が数字の前後で異なってしまいます。
    添付画像をご覧になれば一目瞭然ですが…数字の前は数字の文字サイズを基準にしており、数字の後は後続の文字が基準になっています。
    普通のアルファベットの場合は、前後とも直前と直後の文字が基準になっているのは画像の右でお判りいただけるでしょう。
    これはずーーーーっと改善されておりませんので、是非ともアルファベット同様な挙動になるように改善をお願いいたします。

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Illustrator 製品フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

ご報告いただきました現象につきまして、再現を確認いたしました。
    今後、調査などを行ってまいります。
    情報アップデートがありましたら、こちらでご報告いたします。

よろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

16. AI 25.4.1 GPU performance still very slow, cannot easily editing previous version files

Since AI 25.2 I've had problems editing files. With GPU features enabled, all UI functions, selecting, deselecting, all mouse dragging functions, menu selections are all extremely slow to respond, I'm talking several seconds between responses to clicks and movement. Turning off "Real Time Editing" helps somewhat, delays are shortened, but still very difficult to work with. Disabling Animated-zoom has no effect. Disabling GPU entirely, improves selection and dragging, but there is still a delay of several seconds after releasing the mouse button. This behavior seems restricted to editing files prior to v25.2, but not all. Preforming a "SaveAs" over the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Pasting text on selected text changes properties

Model Name: Mac mini
    Model Identifier: Macmini9,1
    Chip: Apple M1
    Total Number of Cores: 8 (4 performance and 4 efficiency)
    Memory: 16 GB
    System Firmware Version: 6723.81.1

Illustrator version: 25.3 265@236190

Pasting text over selected text, it changes properties to properties of neighbouring text of the same text block

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

18. Sharp Corner Edge Displaying Wrong

I've noticed on this newer version of Illustrator that some corners are showing an odd line overlap. Noticeable when zoomed in. I've attached pictures.

It is also applying this to shapes made in older versions.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base