Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

  1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

8341 results found

  1. variable

    Hello,

    I use an illustrator file with variables with 100 datasets.

    Problem: when switching through datasets via the small triangle buttons recently gives strange popup "the actual values are not captured and will be deleted when switching , continue?" - was not the case before!! i never had this message since 1 year and i nothing changed, apart from the content of the variables.

    When clicking button "ok" the next dataset is shown without problem. The problem is that i cannot make a batch processing any more, because this useless message needs to be clicked every time.

    I dont understand…

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Looks like the current values in the document that are linked to variable are updated and not captured in new data set. Try capturing new data set and then switch.
    If this doesn’t solve your problem,
    Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

  2. crashing, will not open at all

    Cannot get illustrator to open. Latest version.

    Crash report attached

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

    I do have one suggestion – please reset preferences and try again. Found the following in your crash report.

    terminating with uncaught exception of type dvacore::filesupport::eof_error: Error reading past end of file: ‘/Users/bradharris/Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 22 Settings/en_US/WSMgrCfg/WSMgrCfg’
    abort() called

  3. Gray artifact appears when I move the tool

    Gray artifact appears when I move the tool

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 and Roland Cutstudio Plug-In Issue

    Hi all,

    I'm having great difficulties with Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 and using the Roland Cutstudio Plug-In on both Windows 7 64-bit and Mac OS Sierra 10.13.2.

    I have tried to install it both with the Adobe Creative Cloud HTML and also with Anistasy's Extension Manager. While the extension does appear, when I click on Print to Output I receive this message:

    Cutstudio is not found. If cutstudio is not installed, please install it. If cutstudio has never run, please run it. Then restart Adobe Illustrator.

    This error message only appears on the Windows 7 PC, I can confirm drivers…

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Print  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    Please contact Cutstudio support and check for compatibility with Illustrator version. Additionally, CC 2017 was not supported on 10.13 and we have fixed lot of compatibility issues with CC 2018

  5. I cannot open my illustrator almost nine months,and I tried every suggestions,I need refund.

    I cannot open my illustrator almost nine months,and I tried every suggestions,I need refund.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Slow on iMac

    I have just bought a new iMac Retina 5K 27-inch (2017) with i5 3,4 processor, 16 gb of Ram, Raedon Pro 570 with 4 GB.

    Illustrator is very very slow... the files I have are simple vector only with no effects and simple paths. The files are local.

    I have a low spec 5 year old pc laptop, the files run better on that...
    Please help!

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Illustrator Distortion of Template and final art

    Yesterday morning or 3 prepress PC opened a billboard template, and it appeared distorted (Sketch Look). We checked all preferences and setting in both Illustrator and Windows and found no problems. Had artist build the billboard anyway. When the art was checked the numbers on the top and sides of the board extended beyond the live and bleed area. When doubled clicked on they came back within normal parameters. We check all Billboard templates with the other 3 prepress PCs and had no issues with the templates. Last night uninstalled and re-installed illustrator. The problem still exists. If I get…

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Illustrator 2018 crashes constantly..

    Hey there, fellow Illustrator-People,

    since yesterday I'm running into an issue that stops me from making any progress on the project I'm currently working on, without any signs of a logical cause here.

    I was trying to open up a few recent files I worked on but Illustrator just straight up closes, without any crash pop-up or illustrator re-opening any of the files when getting started again. It's possible to open up illustrator via the app icon, but not via the files I want to edit. I then checked if other files can be opened, and to my surprise, some…

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Variable font remains static

    I've been working on various variable fonts, which, while there are sometimes are some GPU rendering issues in Illustrator, work as expected.

    However, my last creation remains static while changing the variable (see example). The font variation works perfectly in online environments, it's only in Adobe apps that this seems to be an issue.

    Using version 22.1

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Changing size in export doesn't change size

    When exporting files via Save As, if I change the size, it doesn't update the actual export size until I do something else, like toggle the clip to artboard on and off or change from optimize for Art to for type. This has been a persistent error across versions of Illustrator and MacOS for some time.

    Once you hit tab to leave that portion of the export dialogue, it should update without any additional steps.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Drag, alt, and resizing are all working incorrectly & create new non-existent objects

    Items I select and resize seem to adjust from arbitrary points that appear, unrelated to the shape of the geometry. Attached, is a screenshot where I changed the scale of the blue diamond. The other green selected box doesn't actually exist, but is now included in the geometry of the original. If you group an object which has one of these phantoms, it will stay in the group indefinitely. Additionally, the alt-drag feature creates many duplicates. If you're scaling using the alt-command, it will work for a second and then start duplicating.

    I am on Illustrator 22.1,
    Mac OSX High…

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Finecut Rasterlink

    Cut path and Reg marks work fine
    Output to Rasterlink produces a Blank screen and freezes illustrator

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When using pathfinder crop my system locks up and has to be closed down.

    I am using pathfinder to crop and it has only worked a handful of times. The other times it locks up and program has to be restarted and it is VERY time consuming. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Illustrator documents open up as skewed black and gray triangles

    When I open a file in illustrator, all that shows up are black and gray skewed lines and triangles. I have uninstalled and re-installed illustrator but has not fixed the problem. The image cannot be seen whatsoever. Attached file shows what SHOULD be the silhouette of the state of Illinois. This is what I get instead:

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. kAIXMLNameChangedNotifier behaviour change

    The following code worked perfectly in 2015, 2015.1, 2017 but in 2018 it broke.

    My notifier is created like so :
    error = sAINotifier->AddNotifier(fPluginRef, kCinewarePluginName, kAIXMLNameChangedNotifier, &fUIDChangeNotifier);

    It is correctly triggered on the renaming of an art element. This then calls the following code :

    ASErr ArtSelectionRenamedNotifier(AINotifierMessage message)
    {
    ASErr error = kNoErr;
    fprintf(stderr,"ArtSelectionRenamedNotifier\n");
    //First get the AiArtHandle
    AIPluginGroupMessage
    myMessage = (AIPluginGroupMessage*)message;
    fprintf(stderr,"ArtSelectionRenamedNotifier msg type[%s]\n",message->type);
    //The relabelled art
    AIArtHandle relabelledArt = myMessage->preEditArt;
    fprintf(stderr,"ArtSelectionRenamedNotifier msg preEditArt[%p] is valid Art?[%s]\n",relabelledArt,sAIArt->ValidArt(relabelledArt, true)?"YES":"NO");
    //Verify it has a UID
    ai::UnicodeString relabelledArtUUID;
    //The artUIDName will be empty if not yet made
    if (relabelledArt)
    {
    error =…

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Font increase/decrease arrows in character panel immediately closes character panel

    Select text in an art board, when the character panel appears in the properties panel, and you then try and click/hold the text size arrows, they don't work and instantly close the character panel. Feels like a bug because I was able to use this workflow before to adjust the size of properly selected text.

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Intuos Pen & Touch - Pinch zoom doesnt work anymore

    Everything was working just fine for me, but since the new update i can't finger pinch zoom anymore. On all the other Adobe products everything's working just fine. It's just Illustrator that's having this Problem.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Crashing immediately when opened

    I have not been able to use Illustrator 2018 for over a week now. I am using High Sierra and I have checked all the updates. I can't open from a file or directly from the toolbar. I have sent a few crash reports but to no avail.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    If your problem is not solved, please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.

    With Best Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh
    Illustrator Team

  20. Ai artboards all look like someone took an eraser over them.

    Ai CC2018. Opening any file sent by my teacher for class, I am the only student in class whose artboard looks like someone took an eraser over it. We've checked for hidden layers, etc. to no avail. I cannot even find the uninstall option to uninstall and reinstall it. Can someone help? I'm running Mac 10.13.2.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?