Some Dashed Lines make Ai crash
When typing these values in the Dashed Line fields:
0 2 0 2
Ai crashes immediately, without a warning.
We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
Please refer to our knowledge base FAQ – https://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html
Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
Adobe. Make It an Experience.
Illustrator still crashes when using dashes
1. New file, I usually use Art/illustration preset with no snapping enabled
2. Draw a wavy line with pencil or pen tool
3. Change line thickness (say 8), set stroke caps and corners to rounded.
4. Enable dashes, doesn’t matter if it’s aligned dashes or not cause both crash
5. Default dashes value is 12. When I change this to 0.01 (I want to have dots as dashes)
I realize it is a performance issue cause illustrator sets the gap to 0.01 as well and it never stops processing, and all I need to do to avoid this is to set a reasonable gap value first.
This is not intuitive in a workflow however so I always keep forgetting to set the gap value and Illustrator always ends up crashing whenever I want dots as dashes.
Jan Vork commented
The issue seems to be solved in the beta build!