When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove canvas size limit

Can we please have the possibility to set bigger canvas size to incorporate large sized artwork.

(Please note: This item is NOT for more number of artboards per document)

659 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

434 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need More Info  ·  Yogesh Sharma responded

It will help if you can tell us about your workflow while you vote on this bug.

Would it help if there was a “virtual scale”? Say, if you could define a scale of 1:10 so that input fields accept bigger values, and exported files are at scaled size (10x in this case)?

Thanks,
    Yogesh

2. 596 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

689 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    NOTE:
    1. You will have to reset your toolbar once if it is already disturbed. refer to this knowledge base to see how you can reset – https://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1900963
    2. What we have fixed is the tool bar is no longer editable as long as it is not in the toolbar edit mode

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

3. Illustrator - Rotation of the Artboard

Like in Photoshop it would be great if an Artist could rotate the artboard/canvas in Illustrator. If you draw a line from left to right it's never the same stroke as from up to down.

442 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

161 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to export to clipping mask boundaries

When exporting assets to raster formats, it would be a huge time saver if we had an option to use the boundaries of clipping masks as the edge of the exported artwork. I created three triangles and used a circle as a clipping mask in the attached image. You can see that the exported file has a lot of padding around the artwork because the outer edges of the triangles are used as the boundaries of the file.

If there was an additional option to use the clipping mask boundary as the edge of the exported raster file, it would…

395 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

162 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Illustrator multi threaded on CPU

Illustrator performance is awful, its slow and lumbering at all but the most basic operations. It is bound to only a single cpu thread which is ridiculous now in an age of multi core and multi thread CPU's and it has been this way for many years. It cannot handle background tasks and is completely out of parity in function and performance with other Adobe software such as photoshop and inDesign.

369 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  82 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow gradient swatches to be added to CC library

It's great to have colors in the cc library but why can't those colors be gradients too? Please allow us to add gradient swatches to the cc library. Thanks

364 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  95 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Auto Spell Check (red squiggly line like InDesign, Microsoft and other products)

Illustrator REALLY needs to have a feature (that you can turn on or off) for spell check to have the red squiggly line underneath mis-spelled words, like what InDesign, Microsoft, and many other programs have.

355 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Introduce Undo History panel

Please introduce Undo panel to Adobe Illustrator, listing all the steps that have been performed on a document during the current session, so one can quickly switch between any previous state and current state after testing a number of changes by clicking any item in the displayed Undo stack.

See this Adobe Forums thread for details:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/9801291

315 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Automatic dimension/measuring tool please

A tool to automatically dimension signs would be an advantage to those of us working in the sign industry who create visuals for clients. It would also assist in maintaining accuracy of the artwork created and automatic checking device. This with the removal of the artboard size limitation would create a full working drawing platform for the manufacture of large signs for the retail industry.

305 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

89 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

A couple of questions on this:

1. Would it be okay to have a separate spec creation service much like the upcoming Adobe XD service? On this service, anyone with a link, can select any objects, and view its dimensions (W/H), colors, fonts etc. Or should it be inside Illustrator.

2. Are you only going to create horizontal, and vertical dimensions? Or would you also like to have angular dimensions as well?

Please share more details about your workflow.

Thanks,
    Yogesh

10. Grammarly support for Illustrator and InDesign

Incorporating a Grammarly integration as part of the CC membership for Illustrator and InDesign would be INCREDIBLY helpful for many users. Even though these applications aren't word-processors, being able to reveiw documents for style etc. would be a huge bonus in my opinion.

257 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

120 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "Save in the Background " instead of Waiting the Progress bar

This is the one feature that every Illustrator user would love to see in the next Version, Saving in the Background instead of Waiting the progress bar to Finish. a Huge time saving Feature.

232 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Done (In Beta)  ·  14 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Rasterize effect of bitmap is too simple

Please add some other algorithm in rasterize effect of bitmap.
    in Photoshop we have pattern dither, Diffusion dither, halftone screen, custom pattern Or in Corel Photo Paint we have line art, Ordered , Jarvis, Stuki , floyd-steinberg, halfton, cardinality distribution But in illustrater we have only one algorithm.
    also please able us to choose color of rastered pixels. it is very important because some times graphists add this effect to gradient or mesh gradient but they like another color instead of black color and transparent instead of white

231 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. text align vertically

Allow text to be vertically centered in text box.

In InDesign, there is an option in the text frame properties, "Vertical Justification", with a "Center" option.

Or, the "baseline shift" option could be split into either specifying a number, as it is now, or specifying "center in text box".

This option is very important sometimes, such as having a tag symbol (e.g. circle) with a label inside that is either 1 or 2 lines high. Right now I have to have 2 paragraph styles (1 for 1-line text and 1 for 2-line text) so the 1 line text is in…

219 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. "Hyphenate" not be the default paragraph option

By default, paragraph text is set to hyphenate words that don't fit into the text box. I suggest that the default is to have text not be hyphenated so you can click the box if you want it to be.

No one I know has ever wanted hyphenated words in text, but you have to uncheck the "Hyphenate" box from the Paragraph Palette, it's annoying to have to do that every time I make a new paragraph or paragraph style. (same problem in indesign)

213 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Copy multiple artboards between files.

Copy, merge and save artboards between files. For example select multiple artboards, copy to other file, or save as .artboard file... Option to paste or merge this file/clipboard to other open document. Makes it easier to maintain libraries, icons, style elements etc in one file to work with or to share.

188 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Added To Backlog  ·  44 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Improve Graph / Chart tool

Current graph tool in Illustrator has many limitations that need fixing. Following are some of the problems in Graph tool:

# No value labels
    # Data window that requires you to remove characters such as commas
    # Resetting of chart upon making changes
    # Resizing issues (e.g. with bounding box)
    # Missing basic chart types like *****
    # No support for templates
    # Also the tool doesn't support making new chart types, such as attaching data to any attribute of the artwork.

180 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

98 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please share your thoughts on the following:

1. Would it make sense to have a separate desktop app, just to create charts, and bring them inside Illustrator or InDesign? It may not be on cloud.

2. Or would you rather have us work on building it within Illustrator?

Thanks
    Yogesh

17. Calligraphic Brush, Blob Brush appearance anomalies at small brush sizes (1 pt and above)

Illustrator 22.1, though this is extant in all versions I'm familiar with (since at least CS5).

When drawing with a calligraphic brush (and thus also with the blob brush) at small sizes, certain tight curves result in anomalous shapes extending out from the expected area covered by the brush. The screenshot attached is around 15mm across. AI file also attached. Expected result is that the brushed area corresponds to the shape of the calligraphic brush along the whole length of the path.

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

82 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

18. Import all pages at once from PDF file (that doesn't have illustrator embeded)

I'm working at prepress for 20 years.. and verrrry often i need to open PDF files to correct some mistakes on many pages.. (like add bleed, or move all elements away from edges...

it would be cool if illustrator would allow to open all pages at once for multipage PDF files..

Ok, i know that i can edit page by page... or i can open one page, than save as with different name AI file, than open all other pages and copy content to that first saved AI document... but thats not cool for 8 page brochure..

thank you

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

19. Resize artboard&art inside it simultaneously

I just want to resize both artboard and art inside it.
    Currently, I've used beta 22.0.0, I can multiple select artboards, but I can't just scale art with artboard, I need to scale each one separately. Or scale art, then select Object->Artboards-> Fit To Selected Art...

But I want just like Ctrl+Mouse to scale them both.

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Added To Backlog  ·  29 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bleed View - a view mode that shows just the artwork

Add a view mode that shows only artwork on the artboards, like in InDesign. Where I don't see the bleed and the artwork on it.

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.

Warm Regards,

← Previous 1 3 4 5 135 136
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base