Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • or

204 results found

1. Different number of copies for each artboard

Hi,

I've a document in Illustrator with a lot of pages (artboards).

I must print a specific number of copies for each page.

Example: for the page number one I must print 20 copies, for the page two I must print 60 copies, ecc

Is there a way to forward this request with one command or I must select one by one page?

I've found this trick but is very complicated if I've a lot of pages to print: in the label of range of artboards I write : 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,5,5,5,5,5,ecc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Print  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Option to assign chosen profile selection to all open documents in Missing Profile box

When opening a project, I frequently have to choose either not to colour manage or I have to assign a particular profile to the document due to working with a number of different print houses. As I can sometimes open 10-20 documents at a time to edit them, would it be possible to assign the designated choice to all open documents at the same time, i.e., have a selection box you can tick to 'Apply selected profile option to all open projects'?

Currently it is really laborious choosing the profile for each individual file as it opens.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. File Save Options - Recovery data location

I'm running the latest version of Illustrator (26.2.1 as I'm writing this) but my data recovery preferences are somehow stuck at the location for Illustrator 20 and the application warns me every time that it can't save recovery data for the current document. I can change this, I know, but that still just keeps it then stuck at the location for version 26, and will presumably break again when version 27 is released.
    What I need is some way to restore the default behaviour which would (presumably) automatically update to the correct relative location for the current application version.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. STOP changing the behavior of the tools!

I have used AI for over 20 years -- I've even been featured in books!! Why the F is the team changing the behavior of tools. IT AINT BROKEN and you're making it worse.

Just in the last 5 minutes I've found that I can no longer rotate a text box and have the text rotate, as well. Now the text stays put and the box rotates. WHY?

Also, when I save a new document (with it set to AI editable pdf) it's saving some other copy and the document that's currently open is still unsaved and untitled. How is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to see the size of elements in terms of KB/MB to easily find cause of file bloat

When trying to strip down a file, it would be really useful to be able to see which effects in particular are bloating the file. For example - I had a file with a load of boxes with a glow effect applied to them. I thought I had undone all of this but the size of the file was still over 40mb. I had to dig through all the boxes again in the appearence panel to see that there were two instances of a rasterize effect that i'd missed. when i deleted those the file size went down by over…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Complaint

Illustrator 2019 23.0.1. sucks. I have been using adobe tools for over 20 years and this is the worst update you have ever released. Not only does it take forever to open any app including InDesign, PS, ILL and acrobat, but then it constantly freezes. I can't get any work done. You keep raising the price of the subscription, but your updates cost me more in time troubleshooting than anything else. The very basic grouping and selecting a group doesn't work in the new illustrator, I am using the most up to date OS on a 2 year old iMac.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Preference setting for a common "root" folder for add-on files

It would be great if the Illustrator Preferences had a way to specify a central root folder for the location of (and default save location) for add-ons, such as Brushes, Graphic styles, Swatches Templates, and others. (Similar to the existing "Additional Plug-ins Folder" setting).

Illustrator currently seems to have very scatterbrained way of handling files, which I am sure there is some history or reason for, depending on the team that happened to develop that section of code.

Examples:

If you save Brush, Symbol, Graphic Styles, ..., libraries, when it defaults to want to save under a long winding path,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. File transfer time via CC too long !!

The process to synchronize files on the Creative Cloud is not practical for small bandwidths.

It is painful to sometimes wait several hours for file synchronization on the CC

I would like to choose among several files the one that I would like to synchronize in priority.

Transfert de fichiers via CC trop long !!

Le processus pour syncroniser les fichiers sur le Créative cloud n'est pas pratique pour les petites bandes passantes.

C'est pénible d'attendre parfois plusieurs heures les synchronisations des fichier sur le CC

J'aimerai choisir parmi plusieurs fichiers celui que je voudrais synchroniser en priorité.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud, Libraries  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 自動選択のウィンドウの許容値を最終使用した数値で固定してほしい。

自動選択のウィンドウの許容値を最後に使用した許容値で固定してほしい。現状は別ファイルを開くと20に戻ってしまう。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 3D Gizmo needs redesign: rotation feedback and axis color coding

Gizmo needs to have a re-think. Just open any actual 3D app built in the last 20 years for tips. It gives no feedback. I rotate something, and it looks the same. it should orient itself to the object I'm rotating. Color coding each axis would help too.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a CLOSE ALL menu command

Adding a CLOSE ALL menu command, to mirror the one in Photoshop, would be very useful - complete with the "apply to all" check box which Photoshop offers. That way, I can easily close and save 5/10/15/20 open documents with two clicks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sell a 2 pick your own software Adobe bundle.

I find the adobe suite to be too expensive, specially since I only use Pshop and Illustrator. But getting them individually is also too expensive. Would be awesome if Adobe provided us with a bundle for like 25 bucks where we could pick any two adobe programs if its the 20 dollar ones or 15 if its the 9.99 ones.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Graph to vector

I'm requesting a feature I'm calling Graph to Vector. The idea would be to use the data in a graph and use the AI capabilities to generate a vector based on that data.

For instance, if you had a graph representing how you spent your budget this past year with 5 different categories divided by percentages, you could take the colors used to represent the percentages and make a vector with those same colors in those same percentages. If 20% of the budget was represented by blue, then 20% of the vector could be blue.

It would be a totally…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Masking simple and fast objects - Quo Vadis My Pallete?

Masking simple and fast objects - Quo Vadis My Pallete?
    Illustrator has several practical methods for masking objects. Bravo and thank you!

But in practice...
    object masking is superimposed and confusing. I know what I write. I use Illustrator 20 years at work and iine applications.

On the forum you can also find many problems or ideas to improve this section. Dear Adobe team, you can certainly improve it.

Best Regards!

Aug 3, 2010:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/692722

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Student Subscription for Individual Apps

There should be a student subscription for individual apps.

I only need illustrator, but $20 a month for one app is still overwhelming for a student, especially since I don’t get paid for the work I do on the app. It wouldn’t make sense to spend so much on the Creative Cloud just to use one app. 60% off, like Creative Cloud, would be much appreciated, but even 40-50% would do.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Replace file with same name!

Exporting png or other format, save with exact name, select "replace file", does not replace file but makes NEW file with "artboard" or other additional text. PLEASE when we select "replace", REPLACE the same file with the same name. Have to manually rename over 20 files. We have files that are linked in Indesign and this causes lots of extra time and effort every time there is an edit. Clients have to pay more for extra time, something that should be simple causes a large ripple effect when every other application renames replacement files correctly. PLEASE FIX THIS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Adding Pages/Sheets like in Excel for better organization of large jobs

Adding Pages/Sheets like in Excel for better organization of large jobs. I work at a sign company and frequently come across large jobs that I would like to keep organized.

For example let's use a job I am on right now. It is a job for hospital signage. Over 500 signs in total and let's say 15 departments. Some departments have upto 20 signs. While artboards work well in this instance it would be nice if I could have the option to organize the departments with "sheets" instead of individual files. My reasoning behind this is when I have to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Better Opacity Shortcuts

As far as I can tell, the only opacity shortcuts are:
    10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, 50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, 90%, 100%

That means the following opacities are missing:
    0%, 1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5%, 6%, 7%, 8%, 9%, 11%, 12%, 13%, 14%, 15%, 16%, 17%, 18%, 19%, 21%, 22%, 23%, 24%, 25%, 26%, 27%, 28%, 29%, 31%, 32%, 33%, 34%, 35%, 36%, 37%, 38%, 39%, 41%, 42%, 43%, 44%, 45%, 46%, 47%, 48%, 49%, 51%, 52%, 53%, 54%, 55%, 56%, 57%, 58%, 59%, 61%, 62%, 63%, 64%, 65%, 66%, 67%, 68%, 69%, 71%, 72%, 73%, 74%, 75%, 76%, 77%, 78%,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Scale Calligraphic Brush - create new brush option

If you scale a path item with 10 pt stroke at 200%, you will get a path item with a 20 pt stroke. Note, the "Scale Strokes & Effects" option is enabled.

However, if a calligraphic 3 pt brush is scaled 200% (with a default stroke weight of 1pt and "Scale Strokes & Effects" enabled) the result will produce a calligraphic 3 pt brush with a 2pt stroke. Visually the brush stroke will appear bigger but the path item is still connected to the 3 pt brush.

Can we add a feature that will create a new brush based on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Brushes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Anchor Tool: Make it easier to add multiple anchors

When doing a complex drawing, I often start with a simple shape and then use the "Add Anchor Point" tool to add points to a line, near where I plan to place them (by clicking and dragging). For instance I'm drawing a partially constructed "Death Star" for a T-shirt I'm designing. I started with a circle, and on one side of the circle, I'm creating the (cartoonish) effect of a "ragged edge". This requires a sh*t load of anchor points, which have to be created by clicking on the perimeter of the founding circle, then moving slightly along the line,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base