Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. M1 Apple McBook - Crashing

I just got a new MacBook Pro with the M1 Apple chip. Illustrator keeps freezing and crashing. It also causes my whole computer to crash! I heard many other people are having the same problem. It is unusable by this point!

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

51 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This issue (entire M1 McBook system freezes) is fixed for AI 25.0.1 and 25.1

This fix takes effect in a day’s time, if you still face this entire system freeze then please follow the steps to update

1). Backup your preferences and launch Illustrator with fresh preferences
    2). Quit and re-launch Illustrator once again
    3). Use Illustrator in your workflow

If you see AI crash and entire system is not freezing then please create a new issue.

2. Transparency Mask Issue

Illustrator 25.1 - Windows 10

Transparency Mask. Once you try to make changes to the mask, it does not show the changes live. You have to either 1) Click and unclick on the clip/invert mask option, 2) Turn Mask Off - then on, 3) View Outline - then back to Preview, or 4) Switch color modes and then go back.

Only then will the changes to the transparency mask show on the screen.

I've tried on two different computers and have had the same issue.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Illustrator 2021 (Version 25.0.0) crashing when running Variable Importer script

Ever since the update, the program crashes when you either "test" the files before importing the variables or even if you skip this step and directly choose importing the variables, it completely crashes the application. I require this script for my job and have a project due this Friday, October 30th 2020. Please address immediately.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Overwriting PDF-Files does not work anymore with build 24.0.2 !

Overwriting PDF-Files does not work anymore with build 24.0.2 ! Till 24.0.1 it works. Pleas fix this. Current Update is a desaster.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

We have fixed this issue in 24.0.3 version of Illustrator (MAC only issue). Please update to 24.0.3 if you are encountering this issue. For all the other issues which you are encountering regarding the update or the new document dialog or any other please create another User Voice thread for that issue so that we can track it there itself.

Thanks & Regards,
    Illustrator Team

5. Illustrator 24.3 Crashing When Selecting Colours with the Layers Palette Open

See video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7hete8hhhe7mzv/Screen%20Recording%202020-09-11%20at%2014.34.23.mov?dl=0

Illustrator 24.3 crashes when changing the colour of a gradient handle if the Layers palette is open and on-screen. Video above is a freshly re-installed Illustrator in a brand new user account (macOS 10.15.6).

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

6. IllustratorCC 2020 24.3.1 version, everything is working very slow and laggy

Yesterday, I got automated update to Illustrator 2020 24.3.1 version, since then
    everything is working very slow and I am getting lags in all the thing I select and click in the software.(selecting, filling, moving objects) Without selection, the cursor drags around the page area and goes outside the artboard area even if I move the mouse without clicking with the mouse.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi ,

Thanks for reporting this issue, Illustrator team really appreciate this.
    Unfortunately we are unable to reproduce this issue in house, Kindly help Illustrator Team to nail this issue down further:

1)Kindly provide video ,Test Steps or File via File→Package with which you are still facing this issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Please remember to update graphic driver. We are also seeing cases where updating graphic card driver fixes the issue. You can update your driver via https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-gpu-performance-driver-update.html .

Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

7. Modified link, Missing Link pop ups

Basically I get a pop up of modified or missing links every 2 to 3 minutes, constantly, it keeps happening with different files, I do have links but they are not being modified nor missing!!! And it drives me crazy, this is new for me, since I updated to Ai 2020. Any help?

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. save as window resize

Save as window keeps getting smaller every time. I'll resize it and it goes back to small.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Illustrator Crashes on Apple Macbook Air M1

I have a Apple MacBook Air M1 and I'm having constant crashes when using Illustrator (and even InDesign). It freezes and I have too restart the computer. I don't have this problem with Photoshop. Is there any issue with this two softwares?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can't select an item and move it with a mouse, but can nudge with arrow keys

I can't move an objects with a mouse, but can nudge them with arrow keys. This happens in existing and new Illustrator files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. AiRobin hogging huge amounts of RAM (between 12GB and 16 GB) and at times slows the machine down.

I have turned off "background save / export" which is apparently the purpose of AiRobin. Nonetheless, it has continued to run for the couple of months since I turned those off. Today I had InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator open momentarily; I try to avoid that, but usually it's fine for 5 or 10 minutes. This time it wasn't, and I could literally do nothing (even move the mouse for the most part) for close to 15 minutes. I was finally able to pull up Activity Monitor and I ended the process for AiRobin. Immediately things improved. But sure enough, AiRobin…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. stuck on isolated mode

After isolating an image and deleting it, im stuck in this mode and can't select anything else, I can creat new things but everything else is frozen.
    I've tried closing and opening file, open and close illustrator, restart my computer and saving a copy of the file and opening again.
    I'm on a 2020 MacBook Pro with illustrator CC up to date.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Illustrator 2020 (25.0) Crashes Macbook Pro 2017

The first time I opened Illustrator 25 it crashed my MBP before it finished opening. Then my laptop wouldn't start again easily. After I unplugged all of my USB-C cables it would start. I tried AI again but it crashed my system right after AI opened. I couldn't restart again for a while until I unplugged all the cables. Third time I restarted I haven't opened AI and no problems yet so I'm fairly confident it's related.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Warning Message "Partially selected objects..." Repeated

The warning message repeats:

"Partially selected objects cannot be set as key objects. In order to set an object as a key object, make sure the entire object is selected and try again."

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. alt + mouse

When holding down alt and moving the mouse, the cursor lags almost like it is being processed at 10 fps. I'm using all high-end components, so it's not an issue with processing power.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Live Paint Dead

Wow, I haven't seen AI get this slow and bad at basic vector work in years! (Just might be way too bloated.) Had to delete latest version 25.1 and go backwards just to get my day job done on time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reporting the issue , Illustrator team really appreciate this.
    Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down :

1. Machine details which can be found by :
    MAC : Choose Apple menu  > About This Mac.
    WIN : Go to settings and Click on System and Click on About . In Windows Specifications , machine details can be found .

2. Kindly provide a short recording and Test file(Via File→Package) with some steps with which you are facing the issue and share with us in a zip file on ShareWithAI@adobe.com .
    Also , kindly let us know with which previous version of illustrator it is running fine on your system .

Thanks and Regards ,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Document display goes white and then blue, artwork disappears.

A new document opens normal but as soon as anything is drawn on the artboard it disappears. Clicking around causes the document display to go completely blue, sometimes returning to white. Holding down the command key returns the display to normal but as soon as it's released it returns to white.

Running the cursor over the window highlights objects but they can't be selected and do not display.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pixelated patterns appearing across top of screen

Since updating to Illustrator 2021 I get patterns of pixels appearing at the top of my screen and moving as the mouse moves. Not sure if anyone else has this, it doesn't happen in InDesign or Photoshop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base