What can we fix in Illustrator? Vote for or report a bug.

Stroke size goes nuts under 1pt sizes

When drawing a regular line with pen tool and changing the size of the stroke to less than 1pt, it automatically switches to sizes higher than 1pt.
For example, if I want my stroke to be 0.5 pt, and if I select it in a dropdown menu, it will automatically turn into 5pt stroke and that will also be applied on the line. Same thing when entering the value manually with the keyboard - entering 0.5 will automatically convert into 5 and change the stroke to be thicker instead of making it thinner. This only started happening in the newest update of Illustrator - Fall 2017

13 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Edin Pašović shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
Adobe. Make It an Experience.

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi I am using Illustrator CC 22.1. Now, whenever I have a stroke around an object and try to reduce the stroke size to 1 point or below, the opacity of the color lightens, but it still shows 100% opacity on all the settings. For example, I have a 2-point black line around a text box. When I change the point size to .5, .75 or even 1 point the thickness of the line does not change, instead the color goes to grey. What's up with that?

• Andrei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get the same thing. If I select 0.25pt the result looks like 25pt
    0.5 looks like 5
    0.75 looks like 75

If I manually type in 0.5 the result looks like 5.
    If I manually type in 0,5 the result displays correctly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Andrei

• Dejan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

bug it is still there in AI 22.0.1

PROPERTIES PANEL > STROKE SELECTED > , or . (in my case - dots are not recognised as decimal separator in width)

"DROPDOWN LIST OF STROKE WIDTH VALUES IS NOT CORRECT / NOT USING LOCAL DECIMAL SEPARATOR "

It is correct in STROKE panel and in TOP bar "properties"

• Ziaullah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for reporting the issue.
    I am able to reproduce the issue at our side.Internal Bug ID to track the issue is AI-4209932.

Thanks,
    Mohd Ziaullah
    Illustrator Engineering Team

• Hitesh Sharma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you please share the Locale info,
    your OS Language and region info and installed Illustrator Localized info (Language).

• Andrei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. Problem is that in the program code for the sizes is registered as 0.25; 0.5; 0.75 when the actual value should be 0,25; 0,5; 0,75. So comma, not dot. Until the next update we have to do it manually it seems.

• Jesco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. When i change a stroke to size below 1mm from the drop down (like 0.25 mm) it creates a path of 25 mm. Video from the commentor above shows it correctly!

• Fijke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me the OS language is English with the netherlands as region. Adobe language is English (north america).

• thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. Found out that when you use "," instead of "." it works. The predefined sizes in the pulldown menu still use "."

Could you please share the Locale info,
    your OS Language and region info and installed Illustrator Localized info (Language).

Hi Edin,
    Thanks for reporting your concern,
    we are not able to reproduce the issue,
    Could you please share the recorded animation so that issue can be reproduced.

Regards,
    Hitesh Sharma

Feedback and Knowledge Base