Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs
When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:
- Details of your operating system
- The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
- The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
- Your expected result and the actual result
- Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)
8350 results found
-
Hot Door CADtools 12 plug-in not working for Illustrator 25.1
Hot Door CADtools 12 plug-in stopped working for the 25.1 update. The .aip file is in the illustrator plug-in folder, but all the toolbars have disappeared from illustrator and I can't figure out where they went or how to fix the issue...
2 votes -
Cannot open any .ai file
Windows 10 64-bit (latest update) and Illustrator v 25.1
Opening a file from Explorer and with [File] > [Open...], yet the Illustrator application does not react. I also cannot open files that are stored in the cloud. There is no error, the app is just not responding, yet not crashing.Update: The issue is not with the files that I'm trying to open. They aren't corrupt or anything. I cannot even create a new project file. Templates wont load either. The hands-on tutorial do not start, too.
2 votes -
Artboard copying with hotkey [ bug ]
macOS Catalina 10.15.7
Illustrator 25.0.1- Select current artboard, option drag to copy
- Artboard moves instead of creating a copy
- When trying to undo, artboard returns to previous location while artwork remains in new location
- Required to press undo 5-10 times as artwork slowly inches its way back to the original artboard
2 votes -
Illustrator won't preview changes in the transparency mask until I move the art.
I just set up a new computer this morning and this is a new problem I have not dealt with before. Any edit I make to the transparency mask in an artwork does not preview until I move the artwork. Moving the view, zooming in and out etc doesn't udpate the preview, only moving the artwork. I tried turning off my GPU performance to see if that was causing some issue but it didn't change anything.
2 votes -
Make Free Transform Tool (E) duplicate objects with Alt held
Windows 10 64bit... every version.
AI version... 22, 23, 24, 25...Actual behavior: having the Free Transform Tool (E) on the screen disables the function of the 'Alt' key (duplicate) when holding and dragging artwork.
Expected behavior: the Alt key function should duplicate artwork art as usual.
It's one of those silent but infuriating bugs that has been around through all the versions for years now.
2 votes -
Illustrator CC crashes every time i open a file and try to update links. Doesnt crash if i select IGNORE and then update the links from the
Illustrator CC crashes every time i open a file and try to update links. Doesnt crash if i select IGNORE and then update the links from the links panel
2 votes -
Illustrator crushes
I am using Macbook Air M1, illustrator crashes and freezes very frequent. I have to force shut down my Macbook Air, but this doesn't fixed the problem that I am facing, freezes can up to at least 10minutes.
2 votes -
Spinning circle of death keeps popping up
Whenever I even move the mouse, the spinning circle of death pops up and I either have to wait for it to stop or I am forced to completely restart my computer and loose work.
2 votes -
Page size error and wrong PPI
I have a big problem.
I want to the print an A4 template (pixel size must be 2480 pixels x 3508 pixels print resolution), but if I open the template I see always this size 595 pixels x 842 pixels (screen resolution).
I chance the PPI to 300 in Rasterize menu, but the page size remains the same.
I hope you can help me.2 votes -
Cannot select objects near text object
This is a bug and not an idea.
I cannot seem to select object that are behind a text object, such as the black rectangle in this example. The blue line indicates the edge of the type area.
2 votes -
I can't save my AI document on my desktop - Illustrator V.25 (italian language)
Hi, I need your Help. I cannot save my document on my desktop. Everytime I try to save a document, a pop up window appears. I attach a scrrenshot of that message. I tried to use command Save, Save as, Save as previuos version, Export in svg, eps ... I tried everything I can, but the message is always the same I attached. I can only save a Cloud Document, but this is no good for me. Can you help me?
2 votes -
New Windows 10 version v25.0.1 is crashing constantly--very unstable
This new version for Windows 10 (v25.01) is crashing constantly. I have lost a lot of work and can't keep doing this.......... please fix.
2 votes -
2021 Workspace isn't working
Workspace is not showing up and automatically defaults to the "tracing" workspace when I try to change the workspace at all. Illustrator 2021 on windows is up to date.
2 votes -
拡大・縮小ツール
拡大・縮小ツールのダイヤログで初期のチェックボックスが「縦横比を変更」になっている。縦横比を固定になっていてほしいです。
2 votes -
Art board non stop sliding to the right
I use the latest version of the Illustrator on Windows and this bug appeared recently. (After I started to use Illustrator on my iPad and sync my documents with the cloud )
When I open a new or existing document, the art board starts moving to the right and I’m unable to stop it. I reinstalled the app and restarted my laptop and still the same happening. Please help!2 votes -
App Window size enlarges to fill all available Monitor space
Have the window fill 60% of monitor space instead of 100%, so user can select the window size according to needs.
2 votes -
Import Multi Page PDF Font Outlined
Single page import retain font formatting but automatically outlined when multi page PDF imported. Can this be fix? thanks.
2 votes -
App tile has a grey background in Windows 10 start menu
The tile for Illustrator has a grey background in the Windows 10 start menu, which other apps like Photoshop don't have.
2 votes -
Illustrator font panels shows wrong data
When I have a text selected on Illustrator, the fonts panel shows a wrong font, it shows a font what I previously selected for a different text and not the font that the selected text actually is.
in other words, I cannot see what font is used unless I copy the text, and find the font that looks the same.Same thing with font size etc. if I have a text active and the font size is for example 47 px, and I just changed a different text size to 15 px, the fonts panel shows that all of my…
2 votes -
Apple M1 Illustrator tool problem
I am using the new iMac mini with M1 chip and I am trying to use illustrator for the first time. Photoshop works great, InDesign works fine...but illustrator has issues. All of the tools in the tool bar, when I try to select a line, type, point, etc. are shaky and flashing other tool symbols in a strobe-like effect. I need to use this app! Please help!
2 votes
- Don't see your idea?