Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7465 results found

1. Effects are still recalculated in Outline view

When I'm working on a super complicated and heavy artwork with lots of blends and effects, things tend to slow down A LOT. It would be a HUGE time saver if I could just switch to outline view and be able to edit the lines quickly without having effects turned on. I only see outlines so it doesn't make much sense to have effects and blends load each time I adjust something. They should be turned off in outline view and load when you switch back to preview.

There is absolutely no reason for having effects turned on in outline…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Guides preventing "Delete Empty Artboard"

1. Mac OS 10.12.6
    2. Delete art from artboards try to delete empty artboard
    3. Expect empty artboards to be deleted
    4. Nothing

If I delete guides that cross those empty artboards, artbaords can be deleted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Artboard Tool button crashes Illustrator

I'm trying to put this in the "Illustrator Bugs" category, but the button I have to click says "Post idea". Apologies if this is in the wrong area.

Every time I click the artboard button Illustrator crashes.

I'm using a 2017 iMac
    Illustrator version 22.0.1

I've been having the same problem since the last time I updated Illustrator (several months). Doing research in the trouble shooting forum leads me to believe this has been a problem since October 2017.

No one had posted a solution in the forum.

I spent a while on Adobe's website searching for the appropriate phone…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Free transform tool is still broken.

Free transform tool is still broken in CC 2018.

Look at the comparison.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

5. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gradients  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Transform grayed out

Very frequently (might be even 50 percent of the time) when I select an object the "Transform" and "Arrange" options in the "Object" menu (as well as the associated keystrokes) are grayed out as unavailable. When I deselect the menu and then select the menu again the "Transform" and "Arrange" options have magically become available. Selecting the menu a second time always "fixes" this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Media size setting of print dialog returns to default settings on changing color via swatches (or apply arrowhead via strokes)

Any operating system (happens on both Windows and Mac)
    Illustrator Version 22.x or 21.x

Change "media size" in print setting from "Defined by Driver" to any paper.
    Finish the print dialog ("Done" click).
    Select from the color book with Swatches panel, or set the arrow with the Stroke panel.
    When returning to the print setting again, the media size returns to "Defined by Driver".

Does not occur before Version 20 (CC 2015.5).

Possibility to occur when using settings that refer to another Illustrator file.

Problems reported in the Japan Forum.
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2424994

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

8. blend line "profile" interpolation not working

I was trying out the new quick tip that was posted on youtube for "linocut" blend lines https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCyE91-D-KI

I was trying to blend between a variety of line types and follow along with the demo and noticed that my up-to-date copy of illustrator is not doing any tip interpolation.

I downloaded the demo file from the video page and the tip blending works, but in the photo I provide shows my attempt to blend on the right and the tips are square.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Following is the result of investigation:
    This issue happens with blends created when stroke with flat edge is applied to one path then later variable width profile is changed.

Workaround: Select the blend object, Release the blend, change path’s Variable width profile to Uniform, and then apply desired Variable width profile again, Now try apply Blend.

9. Cursor jumps while editing Font Family name

When I try to change font name from HeliosCondBlackC to HeliosBlackC (both are installed), erasing part of the name, CC2018 moves cursor to the end (while CC2017 does not)
    I also have 'Entire Font name' option chosen (and never change it), but cursor still jumps to the end.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our release – 23.1 which is available worldwide now.

10. Live shape missing radius

When creating a shape, then deleting an anchor point, the remaining anchor point does not have radius transforming options available.

See screenshots.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Drop shadows unnecessarily re-render when placing new images, slowing workflow

As of 5/22/18 using Illustrator 22.1, all existing drop shadow effects within document re-render each time a new image is placed. Rendering can take up to 30 seconds to process (a Progress dialogue box appears), which slows down workflow considerably.

This is never an issue with InDesign or Photoshop, so I'd love to see this fixed in Illustrator. Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Font point size change

In the new CC 2018 release, when changing font point sizes, the program registers every keystroke entered in the font size field of the character box. For example, if piece of text is set to size 10, and you want to change it to size 15, entering "15" into the character panel changes the font briefly to size 1, until the 5 is entered and then it changes to 15. When undoing this change using command-z, the it requires two keystrokes to return from 15 to 10, because the first undo returns it to size 1, and the second then…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

13. Cloud Library is not working.

Library is keep loading and not getting synced.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,

14. Outline mode does not work

I have Illustrator CC, I have tried the work around of Ctrl+E then Ctrl+Y.
    Outline mode displays the lines but freeze and won’t allow the color to leave the image or the lines to be manipulated. I’m so fed up how could I possibly use this program professionally, i have looked up the work around and tried Ctrl+E followed by Ctrl+Y and have tried to access through view mode, still no joy. I have shut down and reopened files 8 times and started again three times on new art board. This problem has gone on for two days. I had…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Eyedropping in Isolation Mode is Broken

In isolation mode, I'd like to eyedrop a non-isolated ("grayed-out") object to select its actual color rather than the dimmed color that's displayed.

Don't you think it's far less likely that I'd want to eyedrop the grayed-out color?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Isolation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Acrobat DC PDF file has a difference spot color name than the same PDF imported into Illustrator

1. A production file was created in Illustrator CC 2017 (21.1.0) Windows 7 and saved as a PDF for print.
    2. The file needed editing and when opened again in CC 2018 (22.1.0) on Windows 10, one of the spot color names in illustrator is different from the PDF file.
    3. File-open repeats the issue, but File- Place imports the correct spot color name.
    4. Not only did the spot color name change but the text underneath a color call out, we do use Tortoise SVN software which could be part of the issue. Why would illustrator read that file differently than Acrobat DC?
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Not Responding

My Illustrator is slow and with-in a few minutes after opening says not responding. What do I need to do to fix this problem? I need it for school work

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,

18. tools and effects windows never open

Hi,

I am having a problem with illustrator since a few days now and I just don't find solution for it.
    Every time I open Illustrator it forgets that the control area, the tools area and the other effects and tools area such as, transparency, layers, colors etc was opened. It is really annoying to open them every time.
    Could someone give a solution. And, I am using the latest version of Illustrator for 2 months now I think, and it started to do this only a few days ago.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. no resize handles

My Selection tool does not show the resize handles anymore- this is making it nearly impossible to design easily- I have to measure and assign all aspects if it isnt sized right the first go. I have tried everything to fix it and I need it for school

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. BUG - Illustrator won't open files

Illustrator won't open files this is no good. On Illustrator vision 22.1 Mac book pro 2015

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base