Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7469 results found

1. Acrobat DC PDF file has a difference spot color name than the same PDF imported into Illustrator

1. A production file was created in Illustrator CC 2017 (21.1.0) Windows 7 and saved as a PDF for print.
    2. The file needed editing and when opened again in CC 2018 (22.1.0) on Windows 10, one of the spot color names in illustrator is different from the PDF file.
    3. File-open repeats the issue, but File- Place imports the correct spot color name.
    4. Not only did the spot color name change but the text underneath a color call out, we do use Tortoise SVN software which could be part of the issue. Why would illustrator read that file differently than Acrobat DC?
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Not Responding

My Illustrator is slow and with-in a few minutes after opening says not responding. What do I need to do to fix this problem? I need it for school work

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

3. tools and effects windows never open

Hi,

I am having a problem with illustrator since a few days now and I just don't find solution for it.
    Every time I open Illustrator it forgets that the control area, the tools area and the other effects and tools area such as, transparency, layers, colors etc was opened. It is really annoying to open them every time.
    Could someone give a solution. And, I am using the latest version of Illustrator for 2 months now I think, and it started to do this only a few days ago.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. no resize handles

My Selection tool does not show the resize handles anymore- this is making it nearly impossible to design easily- I have to measure and assign all aspects if it isnt sized right the first go. I have tried everything to fix it and I need it for school

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. BUG - Illustrator won't open files

Illustrator won't open files this is no good. On Illustrator vision 22.1 Mac book pro 2015

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Startup performance

Illustrator has always been sluggish on startup, but 27 seconds on a recent SSD MBP is totally unacceptable IMO.

Thoughts anyone?

By comparison PS is ready to go in 7sec.

Standard install CC 2018 / Il 22 on MacOS 10.13.1

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our typical launch numbers on a SSD MBP is around 6-7 seconds hence we would like to understand more about the issue and problem.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,

7. CC 2018 Multiply Blend Mode Incorrect

CC 2018 & Mac Sierra

If you apply multiply blend mode to a path, group that and apply multiply again at the group level, you now get 2x multiply. This is wrong whether you look at this from a process ink or spot color printing.

Omg the uploaded example, I am expecting both left and right sides to be identical to each other, as in versions prior to CC2018.

We often get files from designers who will try to make a color look good on screen, and printing off a color laser printer. You could for example draw 2 overlapping…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Print  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We could reproduce this issue at our end, following are the findings

1. This issue is reproducible in CPU, GPU Rendering and Print Preview(thumbnail).
    2. Reproducible in older versions as well including Illustrator CS6 (not a new break in CC 2018)
    3. Works fine in Overprint Preview
    4. Works fine in Print & PDF

Please confirm above observation match with the problem reported in this issue

8. Unselctable and undo glitch

When I go to select a shape or text item sometimes the bounding box disappears. Even when I go to show bounding box (command + Shift + B) the issue isn't resolved. I don't do anything different and it seems to happen randomly. I have to restart illustrator to fix it but sometimes that doesn't.

Once the bounding box disappears I cannot track the type and if I move an item it goes back to its org place.

Additionally, when I hit undo rather than going back one action it will go back 4 or 5 actions. This only happens…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Overprint black does not record in action in CC2018

In CS6 it was possible to record the properties of the Edit > Edit Colors > Overprint Black command into an action.

In CC2018 (22.1) this is no longer possible and would appear to be a bug.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Unite on Pathfinder leaves mess of little vectors

This is something that happens to me frequently when creating underbases for screen printing. I'll make a copy of my top colors and unite them to create my base, and there's a mess of little vectors left behind that have to be cleaned up before I can trap the base. There's no gaps in the art so these vectors should not be there and this is a big lag on my production time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As per the comment, you can adjust the Pathfinder precision in Pathfinder Options dialog, accessible from the Pathfinder’s panel flyout menu. The higher the value, the less accurate the result is going to be. Lesser values gives more precision, but it can lead to many 'residuals'. The default value is 0.028 pt, but you might try something like 0.01 pt and see if it works better.

11. Ultra-slow cycling through font names with arrows and focus in Font Family field

When I try to cycle through font family list with focus set in Font Family field, it takes about 1-2 second for AI CC2018 to change both name and actual font for selected object (but it does it as ultra-fast when you drop down this field!) AI CC2017 does it a bit faster (0.5-1 second).

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Black boxes appear on top of anything I draw with the pen tool

If I try to draw something with the pen tool a black box will cover it, while I can still draw what I want, I can't see what i'm doing which makes it very difficult.
    I've updated illustrator, my laptop, and tried new documents but nothing will change it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. pen tool bug, "option" key does not activate usable "convert anchor point tool".

ai 22.1 on sierra mac. 10.12.4

I can see the convert anchor point tool when using the pen tool by pressing option , however when I try to click an anchor point it keeps defaulting back to the pen tool, this is annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Illustrator crashes for no reason multiples times a day

While using the latest (up to date) version of illustrator CC 2018 on my macbook pro (High Sierra 10.13.1) I get constant crashes on illustrator, forcing me to restart the computer as it freezes and does not recover. These are a few of the instances when this has occured:
    - Changing between an Indesign open window and a Illustrator open window/document.
    - Zooming in/out.
    - Pasting copied objects from another open illustrator project.
    - Moving an object inside a canvas.
    - Creating new canvas in an open document.
    -- and the list goes on

I use my mac always connected…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,

15. New Document dialog window always coming up blank now

It was working at first, but now when I try to create a new document I just get a completely blank dialog box. When I mouse over areas of the box, the pointer turns from arrow to text input cursor or clicky-finger depending where in the window I am, which implied that everything is there, but not visible. To confirm this, I clicked on where I knew my favourite preset to be and hit return, and it created the right kind of new document.

So the dialog comes up, but doesn't display anything even though it's all there to interact…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Selection tool, bounding box

Square did not fill with the fill color I selected. The objects are all pixelated and not clear. Bounding boxes keep disappearing. Objects moving back to previous positions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. font favorite

Adobe Illustrator CC 22.1

I updated my Illustrator App, and of course, I had to migrate all my templates over to the new CC2018 folder. Why do you make us do this EVERY update?

Additionally, ALL of my Favorited fonts were lost. Ive spent so much time sifting through my fonts to favorite fonts in each class. Now, after the cc2018 update, all of my favorite font filters are gone. Why would you reset our font filters on this update? It seems you guys come out with more bugs than features in all of the Adobe CC software I use,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. GPU preview = poor quality in 22.1

Image quality is poor with GPU performance activated in 22.1: lines appear too thick, anchor points are left on screen when they should have cleared, random artifacts appear on screen for no apparent reason. Solution is either deactivated GPU performance (not acceptable) or toggling to CPU preview on every document every single time the document is opened (also not acceptable). Please work on a fix for this before releasing 22.1 to the public.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Text spacing

There is some kind of problem with the text spacing feature. It has been causing issues such as duplication of previous text, deleting text from another part of the page, causing all text to be spaced incorrectly and more.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Character Panel doesn´t change fonts name

AI version: last one, 22.0.1
    I typed the same words in 10 different fonts (all Google fonts), and they all look different of course, but when selecting them a second time, the font shown in the Character panel was always the same. I closed Illustrator and then it worked for few minutes, then the same issue appeared again.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base