Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs
When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:
- Details of your operating system
- The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
- The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
- Your expected result and the actual result
- Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)
8343 results found
-
The typing I-beam pointer is missing sometimes.
The cursor is missing on my student's PC even though they have installed the latest version of Illustrator CC. What is happening?
1 vote -
Gradient Annotator tool is not visible for some objects but it is for others
Gradient Annotator tool is not visible for some objects but it is for others
1 vote -
Latest version of ILLUSTRATOR will not open How do I download previous version
I can't get latest version of Illustrator 2019 to open up and function. I keep getting this: "There is not enough memory to ... appearance of an object".
I had nothing but problems with the latest upgrade when I installed it back in Jan. I got same dialogue (appearance of object) So I reinstalled the previous or older version and it worked fine. A month ago I installed new version with more bells and whistles and now nothing but crashes. Unfortunately I uninstalled older version so it's not on computer. How do I reinstall it?
Mac OS Mojave iMac
Processor…1 vote -
i am having issues with the strokes in illustrator 2019.The strokes become disoriented while drawing a circles .
i am having issues with the strokes in illustrator 2019.The strokes become disoriented while drawing a circles .Even wrtitng text the edges are disoriented. How to solve this?
1 vote -
PDFs made in CC versions are much larger than ones generated in CS6
In addition to the JPEG issue, there is the problem that vector files are often almost 10x the size as exactly the same file in CS6.
I reported this over a year ago.
Sloppy coding?
1 vote -
Sudden jumps to maximum magnification level when zooming in
Not clear what category this falls into.
Problems new to CC:
When zooming-in incrementally (Command-Spacebar, click), Illustrator frequently "jumps" straight to maximum magnification, forcing me to have to "zoom" back out to the desired magnification or even just to get my bearings and figure out where in the document I am.
This is very disorienting, and frustrating and bad for productivity.
1 vote -
Problem with raster effects printing
We have had to outlaw the use of raster effects here because of the distortion they cause when an AI file is saved as a PDF.
Our workflow for printing is the save our work from Illustrator as a PDF file which is then placed in an InDesign document. Any raster effects used in the graphic end up adding lines the edge of the effect as well as shifting the colors touched by the effect.
2 votes -
File that exports in CS6 does not in CC
Using Adobe CC (tried all versions to date) I cannot export a .ai file to a CMYK tiff at 600 dpi. I receive the following error "The operation cannot complete because there isn’t enough memory (RAM) available."
The exact same file is exporting in CS6 without issue (CMYK tiff@600dpi).
Computer has 32GB RAM of which approximately 12GB are free at the time of the error.
Illustrator is a fresh install on a new computer (Win 10 Pro). Scratch disk set to secondary drive, no other additions or changes to Adobe.
Process on CC:
1 - Boot computer
2 - Log…1 vote -
Scaling / rendering bug - Pucker & Bloat
workpath: make circle -> add anchor points ->pucker&bloat -> cut the circle in two -> join path -> new circle -> minus front -> scaling = error (see images)
MacOs Mojave 10.14.5 - illustrator CC 2019 AND illustrator 2018 (22.1)
1 vote -
Uniform (centered) Scale // Bounding Box // Wacom Driver Issues
Uniform (centered) scale issues while using the bounding box together with "shift+option" keys (Mac OS) for scaling, seem to occure while having older Wacom Drivers installed. It does not happen when working with a Mouse or using the Touch Pad for Example on a Wacom Intuos Touch. Pen input only reproduces this issue with older drivers.
2 votes -
Pucker bug
The pucker creates white triangles at the bottom of the artwork. It seems to export to jpg as it is supposed to, but the vector artwork displays incorrectly.
1 vote -
Guides dissapear when selected
In a new document (CC2019) with multiple artboards, the guides dissapear when I select them. They reappear when unselected.
7 votes -
Eye dropper not applying proper color/hex from Adobe Color Themes panel
I'm using the latest Illustrator v23.03. When selecting colors from the Adobe Color Themes panel, it does not copy the correct color hex to the selected item in my document. In the attached file, which I've scaled up for easier viewing, the square tiles represent the proper color within the Adobe Color Themes panel, with each overlaying the incorrect color Illustrator is copying over when selected. As you can see, there is a major discrepancy. This does not happen with all themes...some copy over perfectly, but many (in my case) do not. I've tried adjusting color profiles to see if…
2 votes -
Editing Library-Item Name prompts "Move Object" pop up.
After the most recent update to Adobe Illustrator (v. 23.0) on Windows 64-bit system. Every time I name/rename an object added to my Library panel, on hitting 'Enter/Return' to save the change and leave the edit state, the 'Move Object' pop-up appears (and I have to close it to return to what I was doing.
As I've been adding a series of icons to my Adobe CC Library, this is a very tedious process to close this pop-up every. single. time.
Please fix. Thank you :)
6 votes -
No snap to artboard
Snap to artboard not working with smart guides on (or with any other form of snap on) tried on both existing and new files - no snap no feedback of cursor - using drawing tools pen or rectangle.
Illustrator 23.0.1
Windows 10 Enterprise 18032 votesPlease accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.
-
Ellipse Tool has disappeared completely in latest update
Ellipse Tool has disappeared completely in latest update
3 votes -
Free transform not scaling correctly
When scaling a stroke with Free Transform it jumps to a ~30º angle (pics attached). this happens without holding Shift etc. All I want to do is extend the stroke.
Smart Guides is turned on, I've tried turning off/on Bounding Box (no luck) and turned off "Enable Content Aware Defaults" in prefs.
I'm on MacOS HIgh Sierra with CC 2019. I've never experienced this before
1 vote -
Text missing in SVG files
This is the first time trying to use Illustrator since it updated to the newest version (23.0.1) and updating my Mac to High Sierra (10.14). I have previously used Illustrator to edit SVG files, specifically the text in those files. When I open similar SVG files in the new Illustrator, all of my text is missing. My computer is due for a small update which will go through later tonight but this seems like a bug within Illustrator. When I open the SVG in Photoshop 2019 and re-export it as a SVG, I am able to see the text in…
5 votes -
Wrong description label in layer window
Hello,
the description of the label from the screenshot is wrong on Mac Version, STRG + (CTRL + in english versions) is false, that's the the label for the Windows version. Correct is: Befehl + (cmd + in english version)1 vote -
Wrong exported image size (extra pixel added) if artboard coordinates are non-integer, not pixel-perfect
In attached AI file there are 1 artboard if you just export it for Screens you will get an image size 105px × 104px, however in AI it's sized as 104x104px.
Check that X coordinate of artboard is 172.34 px, so it's float. Just change it to 172px and re-publish and image will be 104x104.So, coordinates of artboard should affect into output PNG image.
Also, should be related too:
https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/20530969-export-for-screens-adds-extra-pixels-at-to-exportsAI 21.1.0 macOS
-
Screenshot%202025-12-03%20at%2011.09.42%E2%80%AFAM.png 29 KB -
Screenshot%202025-12-03%20at%2011.08.32%E2%80%AFAM.png 172 KB -
Video_2025-01-07_214212.mp4 7263 KB -
Export As.png 2 KB -
Script.png 2 KB -
Export for Screens.png 2 KB -
Asset Export.png 1 KB -
file_differences.gif 150 KB -
Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 12.02.53 PM.png 20 KB -
Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 4.53.13 PM.jpg 459 KB -
FL-MASTER-weblogo WIDTH CORRECTED IN PHOTOSHOP.png 5 KB -
FL-MASTER-weblogo ORIGINAL ILLUSTRATOR OUTPUT.png 4 KB -
FARELANES-logo-menu-Apex.jpg 21 KB -
illustrator bug.jpg 238 KB -
Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 9.51.52 am.png 1758 KB -
exporting-issue.png 59 KB -
4x5 RATIO chandelier1midnightoncandy.jpg 2283 KB -
2021-06-16 14-20-32.mp4 4208 KB -
illustrator_export_bug_2.png 28 KB -
illustrator_export_bug.png 40 KB -
SD21-000-SittingDuckWebinar-ads-GW-v1.ai 4912 KB -
sample exports.ai 1202 KB -
Screenshot 2020-10-27 at 14.34.35.png 614 KB -
Screenshot 2020-10-27 at 14.34.08.png 677 KB -
Screenshot 2020-10-27 at 14.34.35.png 614 KB -
Screenshot 2020-10-27 at 14.34.08.png 677 KB -
bug_01.gif 109 KB -
artbaord_antialiasing_issue.png 289 KB -
2urn-shot_1226.png 280 KB -
Export wrong size.ai 155 KB -
pixel-preview-vs-export.png 21 KB -
ilbg.png 17 KB -
bug.ai 355 KB -
Illustrator_export_for_screens_bug.jpg 142 KB -
Test.ai 681 KB -
Test_1.jpg 63 KB -
bug.ai 355 KB -
Illustrator_export_for_screens_bug.jpg 142 KB
192 votesThis issue is probably happening because the artboard dimensions are not appropriate for raster export (i.e. are in decimals).
If you make x and y values as the whole numbers in the transform panel (not in decimal), then the extra pixels will not be added to the exported image.That is the workaround, and it’s reported that it’s not always the case.
At the same time — Ai knows the size of artboards to be exported and yet it does not deliver the set sizes, which is not fair. The team is going to rethink the algorithm.
-
- Don't see your idea?