Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs
When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:
- Details of your operating system
- The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
- The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
- Your expected result and the actual result
- Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)
8341 results found
-
Illustrator now running too slow to use after updating to High Sierra!!
Not an idea. A real issue!!!
3 votes -
Illustrator CC 2018 for Mac Hangs up When Reading an EPS File
Illustrator CC 2018 for Mac hangs up when I attempt to read the attached EPS file. I have been using Illustrator to read this type of EPS file for years with no difficulties. I have to force-quit Illustrator to continue. I attach a sample file that hangs up Illustrator on my system. Just in case you need to know, my system has all updates installed.
1 vote -
Can't move an object less than 1 pt
When I drag an object to move it, it will move in increments of 1pt (e.g. I cannot move it 0.5pt).
1 voteI am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
If you are still facing issue after Nitish’s suggestion, please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.Thanks
Anish Kumar
Illustrator Team -
Scale box not appearing
every time I try to scale an object/shape/path, all I am shown are the anchor points for every object. Even in selection mode, it just shows the anchor points.
1 vote -
File Error When Opening
I have been having these messages pop up for the past 2 months.
When I try to open a file the message pops up, when you hit OK it opens the file but with missing elements. I then exit out of the file and re open it. Sometimes this solves the problem and other times I have to re open that file 3 other times.
Not sure whats going on.1 voteIf this happens, please share a test file, for the team to study it.. Resaving a file sometimes can help.
-
Gradient stops being rotated when applied to a compound path
When I make a compound path and give it a gradient and rotate it manually by 180 degrees everything is OK.
When I rotate this object back by 180 degrees also everything is OK (gradient returns back to original 0 degrees). This how it should work.
But when I save the file and open it again, this rotated object gets "damaged" — when I try to rotate it by 180 degrees, this gradient doesn't rotate, but it should. This happens only when I save the file and open it again. All guys in my team have the same problem with…1 votePlease accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.
Thanks & Regards,
Raghuveer Singh -
ilusstrator not working well
dear sir
plz see the attachment when i open illustrator file in cs6 its opening in right
but wen m opened same file in illustrator cc its not opening with all element
plz see the blk area in attachment....plz tel me the where is the problem
1 vote -
Adding Preset Brushes to Brushes CAN cause drop down menu to break
I wanted to have all the brushes that come packed with Illustrator available to me at all times. I loaded the ones I wanted, selected and added the brushes. Once I did this the drop down menu crashes and will not come back, the top is lost and does not scroll up. This has effected all my documents until I closed down Illustrator. When I did this again it was fine.... any ideas?
1 voteHi Benjamin,
Once you load all the brushes that you need in brushes panel, Save it as library from the flyout and you can open this library everytime you want to use it.
You can mark the library persistent, so that it opens on restarting the application.
Hope this helps. If you still need help write to sharewithai@adobe.com with mention of this.Thanks
Anish Kumar
Illustrator Team -
Line distortion Issue
I am having this issue while designing in Illustrator. The example attached is only one area that is having this distortion. The smooth lines have little cuts out of them, but when I save it out it seems to be ok. It is very distracting and would like to know if there is a fix for it.
1 voteWe have no access to the Facebook link or Dropbox link you posted. Please email us screen shot on sharewithai@adobe.com
Meanwhile please also check if you are on macOSX 10.13 and are impacted by this: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/20384572-high-sierra-macos-10-13-gpu-rendering-issues-wit
-
Unable to create bitmaps in photoshop. They are corrupted and appear solid black in the preview window. The bitmaps print as solid black whe
Unable to create bitmaps in photoshop CC 2018. They are corrupted and appear solid black in the preview window. The bitmaps print as solid black when printed from a CC illustrator 2018 file. I always thought that bitmaps were compatible with illustrator.
1 vote -
Carcoal feather Stroke instead of basic
Ai CC 2017, 2018; I was trying to create a circle with clean basic stroke style instead it keeps appearing as a charcoal feather stroke. I was working on Surface pro 4 while converting an image to vector. This doesn't happen on Pc or Mac.
1 voteHi All,
Please follow the steps mentioned by Sarah below. If your issue is still not resolved then please contact us on sharewithai@adobe.com
-
When importing .psd files just saved they appear as colorful bitmap gibberish
Multiple time and duplicated by co-worker. I will create a .psd file, save then when placed, they appear in Illustrator as "Op Art", a colorful nonsensical bitmap. I have to entirely close out of the program to correct. These files are fine in previews, bridge and in Photoshop/ Also fine once Illustrator regains sobriety.
1 vote -
Will deselect anything that is not visible
Since the last update if you have a long file and want to select a big chink of it everything has to be visible while selecting. Otherwise, if I start dragging from the middle let's say and have to scroll until I get till the end of the document/artboard, everything that went off screen get deselected and I'm only left with the last chunk of content that is visible. Slows down a lot working on web designs when you have to move a big chunk of content around because you've changed something before it.
1 vote -
The software is glitching and refusing to open certain Illustrator files.
I have to quit and open the software multiple times before I can get one file to open in this latest update.
1 vote -
Hard crash GPU rendering MBP2016 - High Sierra
I run a cleanly installed MBP2016:
High Sierra 10.13.4
3.3GHz i7
16GB ram
1TB SSDIllustrator Version 22.1
On the current version of OS en Illustrator, but also for the past couple of releases I have experienced very frequent hard crashes of Illustrator when GPU preview is enabled.
At random times, Illustrator will freeze, immediately after the entire system and only a hard reboot will bring it back.
The phenomenon is frequent yet completely random (no obvious triggers).
Disabling GPU preview immediately stops this from occurring.
No obvious logs are generated during the event but I can run sysdiagnose if…
1 voteWe need your help.
Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here. -
Unable to Crop to Artboard when Exporting SVG's through "Export for Screens"
When exporting my artboards using Export for Screens, I'm unable to crop the artwork to the bounds of the artboard. The thumbnails that show up in the export flow look great, but the output files contain all art elements that are touching the artboard. See screenshots. Output svg attached.
2 votes -
Artwork moves with Artboard even with layers locked.
Not sure if this has already been addressed. I just became aware of this site. I am using CC 2018, on my Mac running 10.13.3. Usually if I lock the layers I can move the artboard independently, not anymore.
3 votes -
layer panel crashes
Scrolling in the layers panel on the laptop crashed illustrator
and all the images disappeared from the recovered file.
my illustrator version is 22.1 64bit.
i am running win10 64 bit up to date.
please fix this I am loosing whole days work due to this.1 voteWe are closing the ticket due to lack of response.
If your problem is not solved, please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.With Best Regards,
Raghuveer Singh
Illustrator Team -
White spot and white line always appear up when I working and when I do an other things it will move into other position
At the beginning it is work normal as usually then when I add something or move something there will happen a white line and white spot or missing part of my work and I try to ignored them but it will change position
1 vote -
High Sierra disables Illustrator
Since updating to High Sierra last week every time I go to open Illustrator the spinning wheel appears and is never resolved. I chatted with support last week and was told I needed to contact Apple as it's a compatibility issue. They were also not able to help.
3 votes
- Don't see your idea?