Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7470 results found

1. blend line "profile" interpolation not working

I was trying out the new quick tip that was posted on youtube for "linocut" blend lines https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCyE91-D-KI

I was trying to blend between a variety of line types and follow along with the demo and noticed that my up-to-date copy of illustrator is not doing any tip interpolation.

I downloaded the demo file from the video page and the tip blending works, but in the photo I provide shows my attempt to blend on the right and the tips are square.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Following is the result of investigation:
    This issue happens with blends created when stroke with flat edge is applied to one path then later variable width profile is changed.

Workaround: Select the blend object, Release the blend, change path’s Variable width profile to Uniform, and then apply desired Variable width profile again, Now try apply Blend.

2. Chart inaccuracies

The chart tool often creates inaccurately sized shapes. This is especially noticeable in pie charts.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Added To Backlog  ·  8 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Selection of all objects inside a group instead selects group

In previous versions of Illustrator if I was inside a group, and I selected all the objects, it would treat it like typical multi-selection. Now once I've selected all the objects, Illustrator behaves as though I have selected the group.

For example, I have 3 objects at 40% opacity. I group them, so now there's a group (with 100% opacity) containing 3 objects (at 40% opacity). When I enter the isolated group, and I select the first object, the transparency shows 40%. Nothing changes when I select the second object (still shows 40%). However, when I select the third object,…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.2.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

4. Selection marquee is difficult to see when transparency grid is enabled

With the transparency grid enabled, when selecting objects with the selection tool by dragging the cursor, the marquee line for the selection is difficult to see. In the attached image, the selection marquee line can be barely seen (thin dashed line) on top of the black paths but not on top of the grid.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "Envelope distort > Make with top object" is warping/distorting text.

I've seen this issue in a lot of online forums, but found no answer. I'm using the CC trial version, fairly new to Illustrator.

Online tutorials show users creating a shape > typing text > converting text to outline > move shape to front > selecting shape and text > Object > Envelope Distort > Make with Top Object. It shapes the text perfectly to shape, without distorting the font or curving the letters.

But when I follow these steps, but my text always comes out wavy and distorted within the shape. I've tried Envelope Options and deselecting "Distort Appearance"…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Rearrange All Artboards does not move artwork with it when spacing is adjusted

1. OS X / Adobe CC 2018 (OS X is where this document ran into this issue, but if it helps troubleshoot, it is being passed back and forth between a Windows 10 machine).

2. I have a document with multiple artboards. I needed to increase the spacing between them. I went to Rearrange All Artboards where "Move Art with Artboard" was already selected from multiple previous re-arrangings. I changed the spacing from 20px to 60px.

3. I expected the artboards to have the new spacing, with art in the same location.

4. The artboards had the new spacing, but the art on every…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

7. Freeze on First File Opened if it has Missing Fonts

Illustrator CC version 22.1

1) Launch Illustrator
    2) Open Ai file
    3) If the first file I open after launching Ai has missing fonts the program freezes before it populates the missing fonts dialogue box. I have to force quit the application from task manager and relaunch.

Any subsequent files that are opened after the first file do not have this issue regardless of missing fonts. I am currently working around this issue by opening a file that I know has no missing fonts first before I'm able to open any files that may…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Pantone colours not appearing correctly in email preview

When I convert a CMYK colour to pantone and then rasterize it into an image (cmyk) to make it smaller for sending, in the email preview (gmail) the pantone colour appears completely wrong.

file is saved as pdf (cmyk). file is created also in cmyk

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

9. blending application inconsistent in groups and appearance

To reproduce the problem, in RGB document, set up a rectangle with fill and outline, on top of some colored background shape.
    Using Appearance panel modify blending and opacity of fill and stroke to use anything other than normal blending. Then change the whole object's opacity, so it has "isolate blending" checkbox checked.

Now try selecting any option for blending mode, other than Normal.
    All blending modes are ignored and cause no change in appearance.
    Now, select one of the blending modes anyways.
    Then expand the appearance of the object. Illustrator will create a group with path elements in the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Drop shadows unnecessarily re-render when placing new images, slowing workflow

As of 5/22/18 using Illustrator 22.1, all existing drop shadow effects within document re-render each time a new image is placed. Rendering can take up to 30 seconds to process (a Progress dialogue box appears), which slows down workflow considerably.

This is never an issue with InDesign or Photoshop, so I'd love to see this fixed in Illustrator. Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Freeze during heavy detail

I'm working on a macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.4 MacBook Pro on Illustrator 22.1

When I have a detailed design - ie a palm tree with numerous branches. I try and resize it or copy paste it and the program freezes then my whole computer freezes and I have to restart the computer.

I expect this program to be able to handle designs with heavy detail and not freeze up every single time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. in Illustrator 22.1 clicking the button that resets the workspace does NOTHING. It looks like my "normal screen mode" is broken. Adobe illu

Your bug reporting experience stinks! Tiny window to compose my message in, having to do a huge amount of scrolling. Your company culture is going south with probably Marketing managers driving these bad decisions...

Koen, UX Director at my company, 60 seats

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Performance issues in pixel preview on 5K retina screen

When working in pixel preview mode on the retina screen of my iMac, the scrolling and zooming in Illustrator are very laggy. Please do the needful ASAP or we plan to move to "Affinity" because illustrator is unusable for me and its impact our workflow.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  Anish Kumar responded

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting this issue and sorry for getting back so late. We are able to reproduce this issue at our end and it is currently under review.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

14. Ilustrator Crashes when printing to laser cutter.

Hello,
    I typically use illustrator to print to our Epilog Mini Helix 24" Laser Cutter/Engraver. When printing, you go into setup, select the laser, then go into it's preferences to configure laser-specific settings. When you hit "Print" it sends the files to software provided by Epilog: Job Manager.

This is an annoyingly repeatable problem, as I am not able to laser cut anything from Illustrator. It crashes every time.

However, in the past couple days this has suddenly stopped working. No matter what file I try to send to the job manager, the whole program crashes when I hit "Print."…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

15. Can't Print Illustration

Illustrator refuses to print even small 8.5 x 11 files to our desktop printer. This is an essential part of this program and severely impacts my ability to design and create production files when I cannot print out a simple proof without exporting it to a PDF before Printing.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Print  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    We worked with Microsoft on the issue. here is the update. Thank you few of you who helped us in isolating this issue. If your issue still does not get resolved with the updates as below please reach out to us on sharewithai@adobe.com

Summary of Issue:

Workaround:

• Uninstall and reinstall the HP print drivers. Download the latest driver from HP website or contact your system administrator.

Microsoft Support Ticket No.: 119070821001723
    Adobe Internal Tracking ID: AI-4215933

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

16. Isolation mode only works for a sub-group when double-clicked, option greyed out on right-click dropdown

I have the latest version of CC. I have a simple group containing a filled path and a more complex sub-group of objects. I can right-click the whole group and isolate it from the rest of the document by selecting "Isolate Selected Group" from the right-click dropdown, but when I try to further isolate the more complex group inside, the option on the right-click dropdown is greyed out.

Typically I prefer to have the "Double Click to Isolate" deselected from the General Preferences because I often mistakenly enter Isolation Mode when I don't want to be because I've accidentally double-clicked…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Windows 7 Suddenly has Multiple Issues with Illustrator

Creative Cloud in Windows 7 - The start window no longer displays the correct recently used files. The program locks up unexpectedly and once locked will not allow me to save my work. I must use the Task Manager to get out of the program and then start over from the last saved point.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Illustrator 22.1 crashes on quit

Every time I close illustrator the application stops responding and I have to close through the task manager. I've already tried to delete preferences and install the application again. The problem occurred after upgrading Windows 10 to April update 2018.
    My configuration
    Windows 10 1803 (build 17134.1)
    Illustrator 22.1
    Creative Cloud 4.5.0.331

Thanks in advance

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. tools and effects windows never open

Hi,

I am having a problem with illustrator since a few days now and I just don't find solution for it.
    Every time I open Illustrator it forgets that the control area, the tools area and the other effects and tools area such as, transparency, layers, colors etc was opened. It is really annoying to open them every time.
    Could someone give a solution. And, I am using the latest version of Illustrator for 2 months now I think, and it started to do this only a few days ago.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Pantone Solid Spot colors added from InDesign to a CC Library become Magenta Process colors in Illustrator

A Pantone Solid Spot color (or any Lab spot color) added to a CC library in InDesign will become 100% Magenta CMYK Process color in the Swatches panel when added from the CC library by double clicking in Illustrator.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base